The Thread about Nothing....

bbp said:
Any of you BOM fans with foxtel need to watch the Joanna Lumley northern lights doco. It's in On Demand still if you've got IQ. It's just... well, beautiful.

That would be amazing. The reflection off her teeth would be dazzling

OK Sydneyites....me & the lads are off for a boy's weekend away tomorrow in Sin City, (just a coincidence that the Bombers are also playing :D)....the 'director of entertainment' has come up with Nada so far....so what's to do?....thought we'd head down to the 'Rocks' tomorra night, that was going off on a Friday night last time I was there (although that was a few years ago)...any suggestions?....we're staying in darling harbour...over the whole 'cross thing...so waddiya reckon?...not looking to pick up, just a good place for an ale, some good eye candy & maybe some good music...got Friday, Satdee nights to fill & most of Sundee...where's the best sundee session in Sin city?

Lord Nelson
Down at D Harbour Cockle Bay
But us old gys like the Rocks and all the Celtic pubs down there
Have a punch up at the Pallisades?
BPP will tell you about music

Taking molecules we are already heavily resistant to and 'altermune linking' to pathogenic bacteria thereby creating a signature our immune system can process.

Wicked!

Get on it Ma tagsi. chop chop :p

Geoff Vadar said:
Taking molecules we are already heavily resistant to and 'altermune linking' to pathogenic bacteria thereby creating a signature our immune system can process.

Wicked!

Get on it Ma tagsi. chop chop :p

LOL - Mullis is a legend! Space cadet who worked out the details of his Nobel Prize winning science while on LSD, and has a multi-million dollar house in La Jolla (posh part of San Diego) overlooking the beach. Didn't get used as an expert witness in the OJ Simpson case because he was considered "too unreliable". :D

Hitchy said:
OK Sydneyites....me & the lads are off for a boy's weekend away tomorrow in Sin City, (just a coincidence that the Bombers are also playing :D)....the 'director of entertainment' has come up with Nada so far....so what's to do?....

When in Sydney, do as the locals do. Stand outside a strip club, watch two wogs fight, pull out a gun, *CHK CHK BOOM*

So, very little TdF talk in the forum so far. Bit disturbing.

Who are everyone's top 5 or 10? My gut is telling me Evans won't even crack the top 5. I'm sure that will come back and bit me in the ****, but what the heck.

Do anything more than give that Wagyu a swift and short introduction to a hotplate and you are committing culinary murder.

I tried Danish, the language of my ancestors from the 17th to 19th centuries. It just looked scary. Going back to beyond the 17th and French is much easier.

Found on CN... the Look "Rain Maker"....

1241128319189-lbjes95lmg47_600.jpg

Any higher on the stack and you'll be in outer space.

Hitchy said:
OK Sydneyites....
Sorry I'm late. Apparently Loft bar near DH is ok, and maybe Establishment or Ivy on George St, for high end fluffies.
Lord Nelson is indeed a good brewpub off the Rocks, up past the Argyle which would be alright too, maybe even Opera Bar at the SOH if the weather's nice, there's a couple of decent downtoearth pubs next to the bridge on Cumberland? around past the end of George st in the rocks.
Music is probably Oxford st or Surry hills- Oxford arts factory, spectrum, Q bar, the Hopetoun. the Excelsior, or maybe the Basement in town. Grab a Drum media street mag and have a look. I'm playing at the Gladstone Hotel near Broadway Sunday eve if you're still around.
Give us a yell if ya wanna catch up for a beer at some point.

62vette said:
Do anything more than give that Wagyu a swift and short introduction to a hotplate and you are committing culinary murder.

Ta vette. That's pretty much what I was planning. I generally eat steak rare or medium rare anyway. I gave a couple of bits to my mum. She had a look at the marbling and the big strip of fat on it and reckoned she wasn't even going to put any oil in the pan.

Then I got home and the missus' best mates were there. They checked the waygu out. Her big fat mate knew about waygu and was pretty impressed. She was literally pushing her big fat fingers into the steaks making comments like, 'that is so soft and tender' and 'look at that marbelling - magnificent', and 'I love a good steak'. Then she starts making goo-ga noises and drooling. I had to let her down gently that she wasn't getting any. I said '**** off, you can't have any'. I thought direct and clear communication was important in this situation.

classic1 said:
Then she starts making goo-ga noises and drooling. I had to let her down gently that she wasn't getting any. I said '**** off, you can't have any'. I thought direct and clear communication was important in this situation.

Good call. Best to avoid all possible confusion :p

That was a pretty special bit of viewing. I've gotta give sbs some credit, they're putting the ad breaks in better spots. The last couple of years we would have missed big chunks of that descent.

Contador acceleration!!!
Astana looking good out the front there.
Poor old Cadel, he needs a proper team.
LOL at Classic, he sure has a way with women, though prolly very silly of her to get between Classic and a steak.

Impressive attacks by Contador last night, but I reckons some of them blokes **** themselves and were intimidated when he went. A Schleck looked to back off. Evans was too far back when Contador went, he looked like he was marking Armstrong.. Good to see him having a big dip though.

Armstrong is going well but I didn't think well enough to attack any of the contenders. A couple of times he looked like he was turning himself inside out to drag himself back on. He's a tough *******. I reckon Leipheimer will get spat on the big climbs later in the race.

Great ride by Wiggins.

classic1 said:
Impressive attacks by Contador last night, but I reckons some of them blokes **** themselves and were intimidated when he went. A Schleck looked to back off. Evans was too far back when Contador went, he looked like he was marking Armstrong.. Good to see him having a big dip though.

Armstrong is going well but I didn't think well enough to attack any of the contenders. A couple of times he looked like he was turning himself inside out to drag himself back on. He's a tough *******. I reckon Leipheimer will get spat on the big climbs later in the race.

Great ride by Wiggins.

AC only got 20s so didn't really climb much faster at all, but I think they know trying to match his jumps will blow them up completely, so yeah scared probably is the right word. Seeing as he now seems unlikely to lose a minute or two in the last TT, and Astana's likely to have 3 or 4 blokes to play games with at the pointy end until the death on all the big stages, I can see him doing that over and over again. Which only leaves the hope that he has a bad day or two.
Lance's ego will probably be Cadel's best chance at gaining any time on Contador, if LA decides to get Astana to peg the pace super high over a couple of long climbs to test his teammate ala Hinault. Cadel's more likely to be able to hang with Lance's rhythm than if Contador is setting the tone.
Levi will get dropped, but he'll be fine because he'll just get his mechanic to adjust his seat AGAIN for a few minutes and he'll be back again fresh as a daisy. ***********. You do realise there's seppos out there still believing he should have beaten Cadel in the GC two years ago when he got 'unfairly' penalised for the same thing as last night?

Agreed about Wiggo. It'll be interesting to see how long he can keep that up. Impressive that he still had the energy for a stab at the end, although tactically he might have been better off just rolling through at the back of that bunch, because he'll have crosshairs on his shoulders now.

Great to see him have a couple of dips, but I was a bit disappointed to see Cadel flicking his elbow out still after a minute at the front of the chasing bunch. I'd rather he gets it firmly into his brain that if wants first place rather than second again and the favourite or whoever is up the road with his teammates on his own wheel, he's just gotta bloody well do it. Or better still, get angry and channel it, get the mongrel up and drop the buggers.