The Thread about Nothing....

swampy1970 said:
..... just to rub salt in the wounds?
Ok, this is self-indulgent and very tossery, but I just haffta share. :D

The other day I knew I'd over-oiled my chain, so I took a rag with me on my ride to give it a bit of a clean if **** started spraying all over my shiny, steel Cervelo.

During me ride, I passed a couple of D-graders, and quickly noticed they couldn't hold my wheel, despite their best efforts (and 'turn-working'), even though I was only going about 2/3 pace into a pretty strong headwind (maybe they'd done 150km -- who knows?).

Anyhoo, I turned around and saw that I'd opened a gap of about 30m, even though they appeared to be smashing themselves, so I couldn't resist: as I kept opening the gap more and more, I pulled out the rag and started cleaning my bike, including the chain, while still pedalling :p

Good story, hey! :D

From me blog,
------------------------Despite what everyone told me about getting teeth out; massive swelling, soup for a week etc. It wasn't that bad. The most painful aspect was being stuck in a crammed little ward next to 'Norm' from Traralgon. He runs an amateur radio station of his own, so let's just say he likes to talk, A LOT! But seriously he was a nice guy and I went through a bit of Forest Gump morning learning all about 42 (the meaning of life) from a self proclaimed country bumpkin.

Our morning together finished with a conclusion of sorts, whilst discussing the finer aspects of all the pubs in Traralgon, he said:
"Ya know, I don't smoke, I don't drink, but I sure do a lot of this!!!!"
*makes sexual motions with his left index finger and the circle created with the right index finger and thumb*

Laughing within an hour of having your wisdom teeth taken out hurts!
--------------

Clasoo, do you know this guy?
Got hit by a car while he riding 6 months ago?
Got a broken foot or something or other..

Jono L said:

I bet he does... and I bet it was classo he was talking about when he was making those hand gestures. :D

Jono L said:

No farkin idea.

Actually, I think I know of him. Dunno about the circumstances and getting cleaned up by a car, but the Norm name rings a bell. I think I know his missus, but not him. A woman who used to work here as a cleaner had a husband called Norm who used to ride the bike. He'd be late 30's - 40ish?

classic1 said:
Stefano Tomasini....
So, I geekily took those pics of Tomasini to the shop, thinking the guy would be rapped, coz it kinda prooves that the bike is 'real', and they've bloody sold it. :) Some massive guy apparently paid $800 for it, but they dunno whether or not he's gunna ride it or hang it on the wall.

classic1 said:
No farkin idea.

Actually, I think I know of him. Dunno about the circumstances and getting cleaned up by a car, but the Norm name rings a bell. I think I know his missus, but not him. A woman who used to work here as a cleaner had a husband called Norm who used to ride the bike. He'd be late 30's - 40ish?
Yeh that would be him!!

He told me all about the things he used to find in public toilets when he had to clean them up. hhahaha!!!:eek:

matagi said:
Just had a thing about "should bikes be banned on major roads" on Sunrise.

Surprisingly, they seemed to come down on the "everyone should be more tolerant" side of the argument

Helps when they've got a couple of keen riders among their on screen talent.

Doesn't Beretta/close relative of Beretta own a shop in Geelong?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq3mhp9dFDc&feature=fvw"]YouTube - Wall Flip Fail[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZueAZ8Kfb4&feature=channel"]YouTube - Jump Fail[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4r-TzJdpBQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Ski Jump Fail[/ame]

Jono L said:
Yeh that would be him!!

He told me all about the things he used to find in public toilets when he had to clean them up. hhahaha!!!:eek:

I'm pretty sure his missus' name is Danielle. I could not for the life me remember her name earlier.

531Aussie said:
ok, this is as bad as it gets: windy, hailey, and about 8 degrees :p
Hah! I got lucky and managed to walk from the station to home in a brief break between rain squalls. Thank goodness! No umbrella would have held up against that wind.

matagi said:
Hah! I got lucky and managed to walk from the station to home in a brief break between rain squalls. Thank goodness! No umbrella would have held up against that wind.

I drove home in it. Possibly the worst conditions I have ever driven in. Hail, wind, sheets of rain, branches down everywhere, lightning, street lights going off and on.

classic1 said:
I drove home in it. Possibly the worst conditions I have ever driven in. Hail, wind, sheets of rain, branches down everywhere, lightning, street lights going off and on.
I left work about 40 mins early (thought I'd take advantage of the SES warnings) and at one point the rain was so heavy you couldn't see out of the train windows. I was worried about approaching the station at Gardenvale in the wind, coz it is elevated and I had lurid visions of the train being blown off the rails and down onto the Nepean Hwy below.

God must have wanted you southerners to have a bath or something.... Riding from Doncaster East to Kew I had to ride over about three twigs and at least two sticks. Insane! Almost stopped and penned a letter to the council for their inadequate clean up after a little bit of wind.

Biggest storm letdown ever.

gplama said:
God must have wanted you southerners to have a bath or something.... Riding from Doncaster East to Kew I had to ride over about three twigs and at least two sticks. Insane! Almost stopped and penned a letter to the council for their inadequate clean up after a little bit of wind.

Biggest storm letdown ever.

Yeah, I'd complain too. Obviously there aren't enough of the unemployed on work for the dole schemes to pick up **** in rich cnut suburbs. This government is farked.