The Thread about Nothing....

Beware the killer sticks - local just took one in the front spokes and ended up airlifted to Melbourne, currently undergoing facial reconstruction. Ouch!

classic1 said:
I drove home in it. Possibly the worst conditions I have ever driven in. Hail, wind, sheets of rain, branches down everywhere, lightning, street lights going off and on.

Sounds like summer in England... :D

Wind? What wind?

I loved the warnings on the various media. "Go home now! Mass disruptions to public transport! Expect CHAOS!"

I thought for a second there Little Johnny was still in power. Should I expect a fridge magnet in the mail today?

ha ^
That's kinda what I was thinking. "Oooh, be afraid, be very afraid." I reckon we had a few worse days last year-- I remember one in particular. I was driving back from Paconi's factory watching the planes landing sideways at Moorabbin Airport.

531Aussie said:
ha ^
That's kinda what I was thinking. "Oooh, be afraid, be very afraid." I reckon we had a few worse days last year-- I remember one in particular. I was driving back from Paconi's factory watching the planes landing sideways at Moorabbin Airport.

Were you raiding Paconi's bins again?

Nah, but that's a good idea. :)
I was hassling him and the other guy for free painting tips.
In fact (and you, as bike painter/maker dude, may find this amussing), I took my old Raleigh down there coz he painted it in 1994, and I wanted them to remember what colour blue it was. :D As you may imagine, they both looked at me like I was a fargin idiot, and thought I was joking.

potty_putter.jpg

why?

Like I keep sayin, it's every married man's dream to move into the dunny to get away from his family, as depicted in the Married With Children episode "A Dump of My Own", where Al tries to build his own haven of a dunny in the garage :)

MARRIED01.jpg

531Aussie said:
Like I keep sayin, it's every married man's dream to move into the dunny to get away from his family

I actually take the iPhone in there and play Doom.

I like to call it.......'quality time'.

Jono L said:
Dinner time.
7318_540.jpg
Had one of them the other week. tasted like ****. Plus you could tell that there had been lots of fat in there, they just let it all drain out before they served it. left it a bit dry and dusty.

Jono L said:
Dinner time.
7318_540.jpg
Buns like that are always disappointing. When you bite into them they just puff air or something in your face. You have to pump the yeast in and knead it properly giving it plenty of time to prove. Ingredients have to be best quality though. Those buns look pretty doughy to me but maybe they'd firm up under some experienced kneading. It's always worth a go,adding some seasoning to the mix may be beneficial...pepper?
Add as much chili or mayonnaise as you like but you will still just end up with a soggy mess in your mouth. Ultimately?
SB's Burger Rating:2/10 on the Rugby rating system.

you know when it comes to riding bikes or building bikes i just STFU cos i know i dont know much and i just listen carefully and try to learn from all you guys - and id LIKE to think that when people are giving advise on bikes they are speaking from real experience and if they dont have real experience then they put there hand up and say so..it should be the same for any topic we broach...
confused.gif

Jono L said:
Dinner time.
7318_540.jpg

Thankyou Jono. I was getting a bit concerned there. At least a page and a half wholly about bikes.
Nowhere near enough anything about nothing.

▼Geez Celia, you're expecting a bit much from mongers on the internets aren't ya? I'll give ya some free advice. Ya crank's not bloody long enough.
<oh for ***** sake, I'm sorry already. I saw numbers and thought you were Nev. He needs a longer crank for sure. You may or may not. Have you tried longer lengths? I'll put my hand up and say I speak from real experience of course, and promise to listen carefully to your answer to learn like and stuff. Errr I'll stop now. Sorry again, again>

Fark I'm a top bloke. Just spent a couple of hours ferrying my exflatmates **** to her new place. BTW $320 a week gets you a fully furnished room with queen sized bed, linen, TV and DVD, foxtel, wireless broadband, electricity and a cleaner. And me. Hurry up:p

Jono L said:
Dinner time.
Jono, Jono ..... this lack of basic nutrition knowledge is worrying.

Hamburgers are fairly high fat ...... you should be going for a nice steak instead.