The Thread about Nothing....

Jeezuz! $600 for a steel Guerciotti is great, but Columbus Thron is 'anvilic'. It says 2 to 2.2kg. I'm no weight weenie, but crikey, I reckon my old Tange 4 frame is lighter than that.

Rider note: The Tour of Bright

rant on.

What a fcuking waste of time. If they really gave a toss, they'd not race the descent. Have riders roll over the KOM, take numbers, and roll back to Bright. Simple. Safe. And will ensure no family take legal action against the race organisers if their main bread winner doesn't return home after a nasty off. With the track record I'm amazed they get permits for that section of road at all.

As a participant in eating siht on that part of the race, I'm all for a KOM finish... Yes its all part of the sport, and stacks could occur anywhere, but we're fckuing amateur hacks, not farking ProTour riders... and most of the 550 riders who'll bomb that descent have next to no racing-bunch descending experience.

rant out.

The Twilight Phenomena - a new perspective - by classic1

As someone who does not possess a vagina and isn't a choad enthusiast, the Twilight phenomena is something that has passed me by. Non-ghey doodle owners are generally indifferent to Twilght, are mildly irritated by it, or despise and loath it with a passion they normally reserve for kiddie fiddlers, speed limits and parking inspectors. Shirt lifting acquaintances and women rabbit on about Twilight like it is as ace as Star Wars, the Indiana Jones series and every Clint Eastwood movie ever made all rolled into one. That is patently bullsht, as we all know.

Yes, our women friends may bore us shtless with their inane ramblings about farking Eggplant or whatever the pasty cnuts name is while we look at them blankly, hoping the Earth will open up and swallow us rather than having to listen to another second of **** about Twilight, but there is a huge upside...........

Twilight makes women horny.

You only have to see the glow in their faces, the twinkle in their eyes, the 'peg marks' in their tops and their clearly visible VW bonnets as they leave the cinema. It truly gets their blood and juices flowing. By the look of some of them, they may already have had an involuntary knee trembler experience before leaving the theatre.

What does all this mean? It means I am seriously considering camping out at the local picture theatre to give them what need. To fill that gaping hole in their crou...lives. Farkin Twilight is ace.

The end

gplama said:
TAN Peoples Choice Awards for November 2009 - Vote #1, Classo's take on Twilight.

Top stuff. :)

I'm a bit disappointed with it actually. I forgot to use the word emo anywhere in it.

lol at Al's VW bonnet pic.

swampy1970 said:
Johnathon Lovelock (Savings and Loans) is helped out by the medics.

Johnathon Lovelock (Savings and Loans) was lucky to escape serious injury after falling into a ditch on the descent.

That's gonna sting....
... especially that one just above the ankle on his right leg in that first pic. Won't need to shave that bit for a while.
Severed all the tendons in the right bit of my leg. broke my left hip in 3 places, scratched up face real bad, can see the cheekbone just apparantely and my left eye is swollen over. All cos some guys tyre blewout in the corner and he chopped me off the road. nowhere to go, just bad bad bad bad bad luck. oh well:p

gplama said:
You been watching teen emo movies again Ozman?

Cycling is all for the glory of smashing cnuts, at any level.

+ eleventy billion.

Succinct, accurate, excellent.

I humbly relinquish the TAN Peoples Choice Awards for November 2009 nomination.

Jono L said:
Severed all the tendons in the right bit of my leg. broke my left hip in 3 places, scratched up face real bad, can see the cheekbone just apparantely and my left eye is swollen over. All cos some guys tyre blewout in the corner and he chopped me off the road. nowhere to go, just bad bad bad bad bad luck. oh well:p

Friggin hell jono. Where were u typing this from? Hospital?

Jaysus Jono :eek:...the reports said you were "lucky to escape serious injury"...fark , wonder what they class as serious?...death, dismemberment?. Keep ya chin up....ya could smash this cnut even in a wheel chair :D

gplama said:
Cycling is all for the glory of smashing cnuts, at any level.
I think you might be quoting me there from some time back :p

531Aussie said:
eh....first and foremost, a bike is a nothing more than a tool with which to smash other crunts on $15,000 showpieces. :p

Jono L said:

Hey, at least you're still smiling on the outside.

******* ouch though.

So what's the dealio with the tendons - surgury? Cracked hip... right after the cracked pelvis, dude, I'd be asking to ride a few different races once you get on the bike.

Considering a career riding pursuit?

Take it easy and I hope it all heals up all fine and dandy, eventually...

Jono L said:

I was fairly certain at least one or two of those wounds looked Serious.
Like your subtle turns of phrase but. Mind over matter hey?

Chin up.
Please don't give up and defer away to water polo anytime soon.
Not least because you'd sink like a stone.

If it's any consolation, here's a photo of my left hand.
Three out of four skin grafts are good,
but sadly a bit of necrosis and an unwanted sinus in the palm.
Not sure what we're gonna do there.
Nevertheless I'll be back on the bike soon enough too.

LOLZ

before it gets changed back

Thierry ¨Le ****¨ Henry (French pronunciation: [tjɛʁi ɑ̃ˈʁi]; born 17 August 1977) is a French **** footballer who plays for Spanish La Liga club Barcelona and the ****ing French national team, predominantly as a ****.
Henry was born a **** and remains a ****, Essonne—a suburb of Paris—where he played for an array of local sides as a **** and showed great promise as a ****. He was spotted by AS Monaco in 1990 and signed instantly, making his professional debut in 1994. Good form led to an international call-up in 1998, after which he signed for the Serie A defending champions Juventus. He had a disappointing season playing on the wing, before joining Arsenal for £10.5 million in 1999; the ****.
It was at Arsenal that Henry made his name as a ****. Despite initially struggling in the Premier League, he emerged as Arsenal's top **** for almost every season of his tenure there. Under long-time mentor and coach Arsène Wenger, Henry became a prolific **** and Arsenal's all-time leading **** with 226 goals in all competitions. The **** won two league titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners; he was twice nominated for the FIFA World **** of the Year, was named the PFA Players' **** of the Year twice, and the Football Writers' Association **** of the ***** three times. Henry spent his final two seasons with Arsenal as club captain, leading them to the UEFA Champions League final in 2006. In June 2007, after eight years with Arsenal, he transferred to Barcelona for a fee of 24 million. His first honours with the Catalan club came in 2008–09 when they won the league, cup and Champions League treble; the ****.
Henry has enjoyed similar success with the French national squad, having won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000. In October 2007, he surpassed Michel Platini's record to become France's top **** of all time. Off the pitch, as a result of his own experience, Henry is an active **** against decency and fairness and honour. His footballing style and personality have ensured that he is one of the most commercially marketable ***** in the world; he has been featured in advertisements for Nike, Reebok, Renault, Pepsi and Gillette.