The Thread about Nothing....

Jono L said:
Leggy stitch goodness, can't see the staples in tendons but...

Jono, mucho respecto here from the peanut gallery, man - you're one tough cookie. That is a farken h-a-r-d-c-o-r-e stack.

I hope they've given you some fantastic meds. Make sure to pack some extra in your suitcase for me just in case I stub my toe.

Yes, the great Lance Murdock from The Simpsons once said something like: "pain is temporary, bones heal, chicks dig scars, and we have the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the developed world :p

Jono L said:
Leggy stitch goodness, can't see the staples in tendons but...
12659_345996810645_879265645_9890903_4238955_n.jpg
Minor flesh wound.Bit of carbon fibre cloth and epoxy over that and you'll be back on the bike in a week.
Be sure to tell the nurses that you have a nasty swelling that they should look at. Never fails.You can trust me on this.

matagi said:
Oh yeah, and if you decide to fly into Queenstown wear your brown undies - seriously sphincter-testing approach.
Love it just love it!!!
Second last time I was here flew in in the only gap in a three day snow storm and man o man did we bounce around as we came down!
Clouds parted and the pilot did a serious lurch away from the canyon walls in Skippers.

Beautiful place though. Anyone wants to visit let me know my partner has a unit there. Can get you special low price and steak knives!!!

Jono L WTFFF!!!

Jono L said:
Jesus H Christ. That is not pretty. I am highly confident you are in, or were, much much more pain than me.. I'd just woke up in an ambulance with a headache...can't remember any of the rocky pain fun! Just some chinese voice saying "Surgery! Surgery!" and me thinking 'oh shiit'
Hmm, I've had some fun moments for sure, like when I was trying to hide my hands from the sun under the dashboard of that cab I caught to hospital coz I was too cheap to call an ambulance; but I still reckon you might win the pain race, umm, hands down:eek:
Fark dude, that is mega. Thinkin of ya.

swampy1970 said:
But what's with the "sinus in the palm" bit?

Looks like it sounds, a snotty nostril in the centre of the hand, where the graft has pulled away from the skin it was attached to in the crease and formed a tube.
Went and got dressings changed again today, and the sinus is gone, melted away basically. Ze graft is fcuked, so we get to play that game all over again, only deeper. Yeehah.
Managed to get them to put the op off til next monday, so's I can enjoy playing at our album launch on Sunday eve, before I spend another week or so limping around plastered up.
You're all invited to come along and count how many times I squeal as I try to hit those high D#s

bbp said:
you know you're a bike nerd when...

... you start chatting to blokes in wheelchairs at hospital
... to ask if they're happy with their Schwalbe Marathons
Ha!!! I've never had the guts to do that. :D I reckon those blokes know a bit about tyres, coz the poor buggers are on the things all bloody day. :)