The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
I reckon they'd be handy if you've bent the **** out of a fd or rd in a ride, or race.. But if if you've dinged your bike that hard, its time to limp home.... I also find after a few shifts the barrel goes back to its original position. I did away with them on the race bike (DA7900 jobbie) and had no problems, yet.

The brake pull with Ultegra 6700 and older calipers is all gobbledock - they work just as well with my 6700 lever / 7800 brake caliper config.

First ride this morn, the 6700 takes a bit more umph to shift than the 7800... change clicks are a little rougher. But actual chain shifting is just as good as anything. The differences I think are due to the levers having less weight in them (no gear housing in the moving bit). All made up for by better brake lever feel/control. Same story when I went DA7900.

7800 has to be the best Shimano shiite out there, but I'm done with coat hanger cables and big-dong brake levers.

I should do a blog about this ****. My DuraAce pedal review gets more hits than anything on my blog. Bllooogggggg.

I dig the Dura Ace pedals (I got the 7803 'narrow ones' from a few years ago) but I miss the float and feel of the Time pedals from the early 90's with the metal cleats and metal platform on the pedal...

Tagsi, sorry to say, I think you were right :eek:

Warnie's eyebrow waxing makes him look like a trannie, or ****, the bottom edge of the waxing. It gives him an appearance of just out of surgery with an eye lift.

And the tan, yep, some is spray tan too.

050749-shane-warne-underwear-launch.jpg

thunder said:

Warnie's eyebrow waxing makes him look like a trannie, or ****, the bottom edge of the waxing. It gives him an appearance of just out of surgery with an eye lift.

I reckon the guy on the far right is pretty proud of himself and is trying to showcase his package

paulambry said:
In violent agreement with you Llamie. But, this question remains... "I've never been able to work out a reliable way of getting the cable correct up front without an adjuster."
Yes, thanks everyone. You've been an enourmous help.

Should have just gone straight to the font of wisdom and good sense..... Derailer Adjustment-How To

Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to remember some of you monkeys living near or roundabout Newcastle?

The missus has scored a new job and we want to take a week off before she starts, and we want to visit a friend in Newcastle but can't really stay with them because their house is a construction zone.

Happy to stay in the general area, just as long as it's an easy drive to Newcastle.

Any recommendations?

Thylacine said:
Excuse my ignorance, but I seem to remember some of you monkeys living near or roundabout Newcastle?

The missus has scored a new job and we want to take a week off before she starts, and we want to visit a friend in Newcastle but can't really stay with them because their house is a construction zone.

Happy to stay in the general area, just as long as it's an easy drive to Newcastle.

Any recommendations?

I thought Climbo lived up that way, but he hasn't been on for yonks. I think a few of the NSW peoples have hung out there a bit. Of course wherever they are they all still have a view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.

Thylacine said:

Any recommendations?

There's a shed load of wineries within an hour or so of Newcastle or you could try the resorts at Nelson Bay. Duck as you go past the RAAF base while this year's crop of top guns go for broke.

Of course, if you stay at the wineries, you might find yourself forgetting all about why you're there.....

Watch out for the horse studs, mucho oil money getting ploughed back into the soil up there.

You MUST check out the Muswellbrook track. 166m. Looks like a breakfast bowl and feels like one at speed too. Only place I've considered wearing elbow guards......

Anyone going to the "more intimate confines" of DISC for Revolution 6 / Melb Cup on Wheels this weekend?

Seating is limited!

Plastic%20chair.jpg

Rev 4 was $25 GA at Voda... Rev 6 is $29 GA at DISC, which I think is a reserved spot somewhere in the mens loos.

Thylacine said:

Any recommendations?
Nelson Bay is about a 45 minute drive from Newy ...... lots of self contained holiday rentals there and a few "resort type" thingies.

Whereabouts in Newy is ur friend's place?

gplama said:
Anyone going to the "more intimate confines" of DISC for Revolution 6 / Melb Cup on Wheels this weekend?

Seating is limited!

Rev 4 was $25 GA at Voda... Rev 6 is $29 GA at DISC, which I think is a reserved spot somewhere in the mens loos.
Goin to the Sid Pat and the melbourne madison tomorra night

thunder said:

I shall be magnanimous in victory and refrain from gloating.

However, I am a little concerned by this preoccupation you seem to have with Warnie - and where on earth are you digging up these photographs from?

matagi said:
Nelson Bay is about a 45 minute drive from Newy ...... lots of self contained holiday rentals there and a few "resort type" thingies.

Whereabouts in Newy is ur friend's place?
Newy, lolz