The Thread about Nothing....

We have a winner Tags
dsc04154.jpg

Thylacine said:
Wow, I think I just had a beer that Nev might actually like.
My preference is still Corona. I know, I know....soft-c0ck!! And Sol isn't the same, Jono; Corona tastes a little better, but Sol is heaps cheaper. Some bogan tried to charge me 8 bucks for a Corona in fkn Frankston!!! Frankston, FFS!!!!

day4_05.jpg

roshea said:
Nah, that's awesome. Same taste in beer as K-rudd!
And Charlie Sheen :)

I like the taste of thicker, fancier beers, but they mess with my head too much. One night I had 8 red-label Coopers, and I had THE worst headache by about 1am!

531Aussie said:
My preference is still Corona. I know, I know....soft-c0ck!! And Sol isn't the same, Jono; Corona tastes a little better, but Sol is heaps cheaper. Some bogan tried to charge me 8 bucks for a Corona in fkn Frankston!!! Frankston, FFS!!!!
Serves you right for drinking Coronas.

531Aussie said:
My preference is still Corona. I know, I know....soft-c0ck!! And Sol isn't the same, Jono; Corona tastes a little better, but Sol is heaps cheaper
Why are you telling me this:p

Farken lemon water bull****. Get some belge ales up ya:)

531Aussie said:
And Charlie Sheen :)

I like the taste of thicker, fancier beers, but they mess with my head too much. One night I had 8 red-label Coopers, and I had THE worst headache by about 1am!

That's because you were dehydrated and they're 6%+

Hitchy said:
:eek::eek::eek: Real men don't read instructions!!!!...we 'go' at it until it either works or we break it...in the latter case we then adjourn to the LBS...instructions? ppppffffttttt

Fark paying some spanner monkey I meet once a year to wrench on my bike when I have detailed instructions down to the last torque setting to work from.

The guys down the LBS may be good - but to be honest I'll never find out with regards to getting stuff fixed.

With ample supplies of threadlocker, several torque wrenches and more regular sockets 'n allen key sockets than you can shake a stick at, from working on cars, I like knowing that my stuff is tightened 'just' right. The only work I used to farm out was wheel building and getting headsets/bottom backet shells faced and prepped properly.

Plus you can normally fix stuff on a bike faster than you can get down to the LBS anyway. ;)

531Aussie said:

day4_05.jpg

Soft **** even with those girls around - that's what Corona will do for ya. :p

Is Corona actually a beer or a chemical manifestation of Budweiser gone bad?

I wonder if you had a really strong magnetic 'Prince Albert' if the belly rings on those chicks would sink inwards slightly during a game of 'hide the salami'?

I don't buy into the dehydration argument. There's plenty of local brews that are 6%+ plus around here that you can drink until your legs stop working and bad things start to happen but hangovers and dehydration the morning after don't seem to be a problem. Still being drunk the morning after is though... I buy into the chemical/preservatives "arguement" being the cause of most 'morning after' woes. Of course if you end up peeking up from under the covers to see a 'double bagger' still snoring then you can't really put that one down to a poor choice of ales.

swampy1970 said:
I don't buy into the dehydration argument......
I'm not sure about the 'preservatives" argument. The thick, old style, malty beers, -- especially the ones with bits floating in them -- really mess with my head the day after.

matagi said:
Action shot ......... me on the mighty mixte last Sunday.
Hmmm, not a very aero position. I hope it was a strong tailwind. :D You're adding about 150w of drag by being that upright. And it looks like Thylo-acine has got you set up with the currently-uber-trendy big setback position, yeah? :D

531Aussie said:
Hmmm, not a very aero position. I hope it was a strong tailwind. :D You're adding about 150w of drag by being that upright.
the mixtes are the too school for cool rides to bohemian ghettos.

531Aussie said:
Hmmm, not a very aero position. I hope it was a strong tailwind. :D You're adding about 150w of drag by being that upright. And it looks like Thylo-acine has got you set up with the currently-uber-trendy big setback position, yeah? :D
Jeez! It's a mixte - how am I going to be aero with moustache bars anyway? It's a pootling bike.

No tailwind either. There was a bit of a headwind going through Williamstown.