The Thread about Nothing....

Oh yeah, why was there no extended preview last night? Or was there? Popular demand, or just nothing to offer?

531Aussie said:
Oh yeah, why was there no extended preview last night? Or was there? Popular demand, or just nothing to offer?

Before the stage? Most night the live feeds only kick in at 10:30, so they add filler. Last night the stage was covered live from km 0, so they flicked to it as soon as they could.

Hmm, I see.

Hey, did someone post that pic on here of Evans pissing on the bike, or was that somewhere else? It's a pic of him pissing while being pushed by two team-mates.

gplama said:
So they're talking in the Ballarat paper about turning the run-down 'theme park' Kryal Castle into a brothel. No major changes required as the owner has fcuked it for the past 20 years....

Anyhow, the comments are alight with passion and opinion. The pick of the bunch being:

...and now he's just 'walking' away from it all? The sooner someone nukes the Internet the better.

We need to suggest names....I'll start

Ye Olden Dayes Knock Shoppe

531Aussie said:
Hey, I still ride my 1988 Raleigh once a month (8sp, quill stem, and all), and when I do so, I polish the chrome and other shiny bits, so that the turkeys I'm dropping know full well I'm on an old 10kg clunker. :D Also, I'm the only guy left on Beach Rd with 32-spoke wheels and 'natural' aluminium hub shells.

1988 and 8spd do not compute... 7 speed and if youre fancy, 7401 dura ace.

Speaking of 7401, one of the lads that came over for the not so Death Ride, finally got hold of a NOS 7401 headset to compliment the absolutely mint condition 7401 groupset.

I think its about time for me to part ways with some old Campag stuff - like original Super Record cranks (with several chainrings) Croce D'Aune delta brakes and aero seatpost.

... But the old super record hubs will have to be ripped out of my cold dead hands.

531Aussie said:
Hmmm, I think I can solve this 'scientific' 'white baby' mystery without the assistance of expensive genetic testing.

Experts test white baby with black parents
2107_baby_nh_sp.jpg
She's actually thinking... "Thank Christ he didin't ask about the other two."

paulambry said:
Castle Anthrax

[see how many of the oldies get this reference without googling]
Bah! Don't need to be old, just need to be a Monty Python fan!

swampy1970 said:
1988 and 8spd do not compute... 7 speed..
Yeah, I know, but hey......I wanted them fancy STIs :D

swampy1970 said:
Speaking of 7401, one of the lads that came over for the not so Death Ride, finally got hold of a NOS 7401 headset to compliment the absolutely mint condition 7401 groupset.
Nice.
Actually, I've only got the 8sp Dura-Ace derailleurs and shanks, but the levers and headset are lowly 600.

The last word on the Contador/Schleck hissy fit IMO, via Christian Vandevelde on Twitter.

Typical legend. "If you draw your sword and you drop it, you die." - Ryder Hesjedal regarding Shleck's dropped chain and Cantador's (sic)attack.

classic1 suspects that Hesjedal stole that quote off Hinault, or was 'channeling' the Badger.

classic1 said:
The last word on the Contador/Schleck hissy fit IMO, via Christian Vandevelde on Twitter.

classic1 suspects that Hesjedal stole that quote off Hinault, or was 'channeling' the Badger.

Christian VandeVelde has to say that because he'll never be in a position to draw his sword in anger. It always seems like he trips over his own feet and stabs himself in the gut or is missing a few toes by stage 3.

I think he's managed to finish one Grand Tour out of ten unscathed...