The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

What exactly happened there? I've watched a couple of times and I'm not entirely sure - looks like something either jams or breaks.

2. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

Can't really tell. Best guess is that he unclips and plants a foot on the ground?

3. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

4. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

"Van Summeren got up and continued the race"... so it was "broke" in a "rider unclipped and broke the bonding function between pedal and foot"... ? :)

Interesting: ABC Nightline Interview With Floyd Landis

5. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

We had lunch in Cowes yesterday... looking out towards the main land... and thinking how nice it would be to cross the 5kms of sea and save having to drive 50kms to get back to the other side... pulling out of our car spot, we spotted a homemade sign posted on a power pole: "No car terminal for Cowes". Seems there isn't much support for it from the locals...

[​IMG]

How about a four lane bridge then? Its an ahrse of a place to get to... and who'd want their shantytown shack to double in value? More equity doesn't pay for the next pack of ciggies!!

:confused:

6. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

Farken NIMBYs. :(

7. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

What Floyd is doing is ever so important. It's imperative that we have more cotton in cycling. It's time to have an 'all natural fibre' comeback.
    Let's just hope and pray llama wool isn't included.

8. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was kind of strange. "It will ruin our view"... of what? The backwash? Oh look out the other window, boggy crappy swamp land... I'll admit there are some nice views, but its balanced by an already number of crappy views... having a car carrying ferry dropping cashed up tourists on your door step isn't something I'd be turning away.

That is my twice-visited-in-32-years view anyway, and at this rate I'll be back there again in 2026 and 2042, in my FLYING CAR!

9. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

llama wool is made from stainless steel...I use this as a chamois cream:

[​IMG]

Someone over in the 'Landis is a TTing Tshirt Trailer Trash' thread said even if Lance is a dirty whore, then nobody will thank Landis.. my unwanted ferry terminal they wont.. if Landis speaks the truth (and I hope he is), then good on him, we want to know if they were dirty Sanchez'ing the results.

10. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Hee hee! :D I can't decide which section of the 'cool kids' forum to put this on.

11. 531Aussie

12. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

And why would more people going there be a good thing? The island is rapidly losing what little character it has and slowly becoming buried in "apartment developments" and cheap cr*ppy modern builds lacking in both aesthetics and charm.

13. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

His gears schlecked themselves...

In a way im happy Schleck didnt win because it would have put significant significance on the 'riders strike' when Cancellara stuck a few tampons up his stink hole and whined like a b1tch and the moment that Astana, Sky, Garmin and Radioshack should have got on the front and ridden hard to put Schleck out of tbe tour.

14. 531Aussie

So, while Armstrong goes out with chicks who look like his mum, Contodor dates chicks who look like himself. :D

[​IMG]

15. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

So there I am browsing the SunHerald over lunch, and I'm floored. Flabbergasted. Flummoxed even.
    Gabriel Gate is straight? :eek:

16. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether to be more disturbed by the fact that you have just admitted to reading the SunHerald or the fact that you didn't know Gary Gatt was straight.

BTW, 1981 Grange drinking very nicely at the moment. ;)

17. 531Aussie

Yeah!! And he has his brakes set up in the Aussie bogan way, with the right lever operating the front :D

18. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Spose I should rephrase it actually. He's married with kids. As opposed to straight necessarily. I still reckon he's enjoyed more than just a Cotes du Rhone or two with Christionne.

19. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

So he may or may not like a bit of brown love. Beepers, considering your inner Sydney location I didn't think it was something that would phase you. :p

In other news - the final of Masterchef...........the dorky kid out of the movie Ratatouille vs one of the Seven Samurai.

20. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

It doesn't. I was just genuinely surprised.

Massive lightning which seemed it was in my backyard looked like it blew my telly up a couple of hours ago, wonky picture, all wrong colours; but unplugged it for an hour and it came back to life. Anyway, missed it. Who won? The dorky kid or Gillard?