The Thread about Nothing....

531Aussie said:
Some of the "comments of denial" by Armstrong's fanboys are still flooring me!! There's no other way to say it: some of them are farkin delusional

Doping in Cycling - Cycling Forums

They are pretty funny - but then again so are some of the 'Armstrong must be doping' nutswingers...

Just like those who believe that Lemond could go from completely craptacular to mythically good in two weeks from just three iron shots. The body doesnt produce Ferritin, increase iron stores, bind iron to ferritin and then, and only then, start fixing the problem anemia... It takes time.

If we're really going to fight for a dope free sport, we should go back and purge the history books... Anquetil, merckx, moser, kelly, roche, pantani, fignon... and on and on and on... Just get done with cleaning up the past and put down a holier than thou penalty scheme for serious PEDs and carry on with the current scheme for cases that involve dumb sh1t like taking over the counter back ache pills that have an inconsequential amount of a near inconsequential banned substances. I'd add Roche to that list as he was later found to have undergone the services of Ferrari's teacher - Conconi - as had Claudio cappuchino and viscentini...

swampy1970 said:
psoas......
Oh yeah, and how do they do the psoas release at that clinic which is 55 miles from your joint, and what did they get you to do at home to delays your repeat visits?

llamabike.jpg

531Aussie said:
I think you should get on the cool kids forum and mix it up with the big boys: CyclingNews Forum or are you on there already? I don;t post there much, but I'm Captain Serious, so be nice to me :)

To be honest I don't really want to d1ck around too much on forums like that...

I'm pretty much in favor of letting it go one way or the other...

Either wipe everyone from the history books that has either one blood doping type offense or two 'regular' positives... Or has overwhelming proven beyond doubt evidence that they did dope...

... Or just start by banning everyone for life in the amateur ranks at first, the pro ranks in 5 to 10 years, for any doping offense. Why? Amateurs have no commercial significance in the sport - they're also the up and coming pro's of the future... Get them sorted out now. The rules are plain and simple and the kiddies are clues in on the Net enough to get what ever info they need - aka ignorance is no excuse.

The pro's do have significant commercial interest. Without sponsorship the big events will die. No Tour... No big money in the sport. An absolute zero tolerance guideline needs to be set but there needs to be a grace period where the current system is refined and honed to be able to say, beyond a shadow of a doubt whether someone is guilty of doping or there's something else going on. One of the first bio passport cases was tried in court and the appeal was won, because the woman involved had a genetic blood disorder, one that should have been spotted and identified by those closely examining her blood for doping but it would seem as though they had the 'dope blinkers' on and were just looking or what may be drugs and not understanding why a sample from back when changed to the last sample as is supposed to be the case with 'experts'.

That sum it up? :p

531Aussie said:
Oh yeah, and how do they do the psoas release at that clinic which is 55 miles from your joint, and what did they get you to do at home to delays your repeat visits?

It's pretty easy apparently, if you can tell the difference between muscle and guts...

The Psoas runs from your spine through the pelvis and to the inner thigh - and is the primary muscle for lifting your leg. Primary reason for the Psoas to short is too much sitting...

With that said, the release is basically:

Lay on back
Raise leg on the side to be released - hold it in the thigh up lower leg parallel to the massage table.

Find the Psoas in the abdominal cavity (somewhere a little higher than your appendix on the right)

Then the hard part.

The physio presses on the Psoas while extending the raised leg. The really hard part is trying to be completely relaxed and this for me means a few tries and it farkin hurts. It's close to that "I've just been kicked in the nads" kind of stomach pain. But once it's done it's both weird and amazing.

To extend the visits there's a few really good stretches that I've posted before. A few other tips - stand more at work. If sitting don't use the seat back (yeah....) and exercise the hip flecked more.

That last point worked out well cause i already had the best thing for exercising the hip flexors - power cranks ;)

Aparently they find that the majority of back pain succeeded have a really tight pair of Psoas muscles. It's a sneaky mofo that causes a multitude of ailments. It's like the herpes on muscle complains - the gift that keeps on giving and the idea is to minimize it's impact on whatever you do.

classic1 said:
100% indifferent.

Make an informed choice. Vote 1 informal.
The donkey looks like the front-runner this year.

By a few lengths I reckon.

I just did the Vote-a-Matic and now I want to kill myself. Apparently I'm an unreconstructed Labor voter. I'd rather give Big Red's partner a gobby than vote Labor.

They're all useless.

ps fark off adoralacy

paulambry said:
The donkey looks like the front-runner this year.

By a few lengths I reckon.

I just did the Vote-a-Matic and now I want to kill myself. Apparently I'm an unreconstructed Labor voter. I'd rather give Big Red's partner a gobby than vote Labor.

They're all useless.

ps fark off adoralacy

I am spewing too. Apparently I am 75% Green, 12.5% of each of the other two. This came as a huge disappointment. I wanted to be 100% Nazi. Their uniforms looked ace, they made the trains run on time and I have a thing for big titted hot blonde aryan women.

arrghhhh wes is gone :( There now less awesomeness in this world. i am sad.

National Geographic Freelance Photographer Wes Skiles Dies - NatGeo News Watch

i feel like a vent. so i will tell a story. its a useless story but oh well.

earlier this year i was down in tassie. weaving some magic for a long term commission i'm doing. i get a call from the editor of (insert the website we all frequent to check cycling results). i dont take the call at the time cos...actually i cant remember the "cos" but it was probably cos my meat pie or sausage roll was in a delicate state at that juncture. whatever get over it. i wont mention names but anyway later in the day i receive an email from the same guy and he wants 'vadar' magic for free. unreal. I mean i've never dealt with this crowd because a) i'm on a different planet and b) I'm on a different level. Yet here he is playing me like i'm a "moe bogan in moccas" straight to my virtual face. unreal. He wanted 'vadar' for free. Never in my life has that happened to me. So anyway I give him a massive fcukofskii in accordance the professional legalese and etiquette. Mostly along the lines of 'yeah nah I just spent 2k coming down here hows about you realise im way above the level of your crappy publication and by the way how did you get my number???

Its the kind of bull**** move that deserves one on one face time 'who the fcuk are you'. Its like walking into thylacine cycles and asking for a free custom ti jobbie. you just dont do it. I mean fair enough if im some hack but its well established that i bring the awesome.

so yeah
if i see you in the media tent in geelong later this year...........greg
i'm gonna give you a piece of me mind....

*sigh*

anyway wes was on a level i respected. and its hard to earn my technical respect. he could bring the 'awesome'. I admire people like that.

you ready now? lets go back to you know where.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRA5S59KjwY]YouTube - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home (live @ kcrw)[/ame]

VadarStrikesBack said:
if i see you in the media tent in geelong later this year...........greg
i'm gonna give you a piece of me mind....

*sigh*

anyway wes was on a level i respected. and its hard to earn my technical respect. he could bring the 'awesome'. I admire people like that.

Not a gift anyone would receive with much enthusiasm. :p

Tell them Robeto Bettini calls you for tips, so they had better get the cheque book out....cnuts. That is possibly the best rant about the hacks at cyclingnews since...well since the last one.

classic1 said:
I am spewing too. Apparently I am 75% Green, 12.5% of each of the other two. This came as a huge disappointment. I wanted to be 100% Nazi. Their uniforms looked ace, they made the trains run on time and I have a thing for big titted hot blonde aryan women.

Clean folk too from what I dun got readin' they liked their big outdoor camps with large showers 'n stuff. Peoples wuz cleverer cuz they concentrated in camps. Why concentrate when you cud hav the German beer and bbq sausages?

Ace race cars too - the Mercedes silver arrows were Nazi sponsored. Auto Union too... And there would probably be no Porsche without the feisty little mousachioed one...