The Thread about Nothing....

531Aussie said:
Fignon's dead

This is my favourite pic of him. Its nothing special but obviously the aussie connection. He is wearing the retro knicks i want so bad but never find.

20080403_renault_elf_figon.jpg

Love this pic - warming up moments before the final TT in the 89 tour
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/bw94/2924648119/
I have an awesome pic in a magazine somewhere of him in a mountain TT in the 84 Tour. French champions jersey, mountains in the background, totally cut and ripped, every sinew in tension with the effort. I'll dig it out and scan it sometime this week.

Some of the most excellent footage I have seen of strength, power and smashing cnuts has involved Fignon. Aggressive, smart, arrogant, colourful...and capable of winning big bike races - the French need a champion like him. The current crop are midgets compared to him.

EDIT - same day, not the pic I am gonna scan though

Fignon-(in-the-jersey-of-th.jpg

231288-laurent-fignon-637x0-2.jpg

This one is ace. There is a story behind the Ferrari. When Fignon won the Tour in 84 Renault gave him their top of the range Renault 25, fully decked out. Fignon traded it in for the Ferrari. ahahahahahahah

Like this pic too, Fignon in the white helmet

Website-Homepage-Pic_540.jpg

fin2.jpg

It's a pity that he never got chance to use this in anger:

fignons-hour-attempt.jpg

A futuristic bike would be quite fitting for someone called The Professor. I always found it odd that riding for a team that once developed some of the best looking aero bikes of its era (1979 to 1985) with the Gitane Profile and Delta and countless francs spent on biomechanical studies, it was Fignon that lost big in time trials due in part to technological advances - Moser with disk wheels in the 84 Giro and LeMond in the 89 Tour.

2092453682_a6545f450f.jpg

Thylo - (Thylacine Cycles)

ALTO - 1,94 M
PESO - 97 kg
PULSACIONES - 58
EDAD - 39 años
EQUIPO ANTERIOR - Thylabikes

Man, I feel like a PRO!

swampy1970 said:
A futuristic bike would be quite fitting for someone called The Professor. I always found it odd that riding for a team that once developed some of the best looking aero bikes of its era (1979 to 1985) with the Gitane Profile and Delta and countless francs spent on biomechanical studies, it was Fignon that lost big in time trials due in part to technological advances - Moser with disk wheels in the 84 Giro and LeMond in the 89 Tour.

That's because you have to use 'technological advances' that actually work.

:eek:

gplama said:
Like carbon. So when are F1 going to Ti cars? :D

Like to see carbon used where they currently use Titanium. That would be funny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ythpzsu18[/ame]

Bugger me (NSFW) this looks like Claire Hooper....from a few years ago.

For all you Claire Hooper fans of which I know there are many :eek:

*laugh* you guys are shallow. And harsh.

Claire is a cutie and I feel compelled to defend her honour!

4679777578_b4bc91b43c.jpg