The Thread about Nothing....

Yeah, I guess you're right. Whats not to love about this....?

Claire%20Hooper%20-%20Oh

(EVERYTHING)

Thylo, I think those antibiotics are having an adverse effect on your eye sight.

VadarStrikesBack said:
Go da Fignon!

Vadar_Fignon.jpg

I lurve the file title of the photo Vadar. I know u want to root me. Just admit it.

Riders are Fignon, Hinault, LeMond, Angel Arroyo, Delgado (obscured), Eric Caritoux, Criquelion and I think Pedro Munoz over Criqs shoulder, and some dwarf Teka rider who might be a Columbian called Jimenez.

Quick everyone, channel 9, Embarrassing Medical conditions show, prolapsed vagina footage.

spew

classic1 said:
Quick everyone, channel 9, Embarrassing Medical conditions show, prolapsed vagina footage.

spew
some things are just impossible to turn off,
no wait eataholics is starting on ABC22.

Thylacine said:
Like to see carbon used where they currently use Titanium. That would be funny.

YouTube - The Incredible Melting Nazi

McLaren, about a decade ago, started sourcing beryllium to replace other lightweight metals. The other teams started getting pissy about this because (a) it make the cost of titanium seem like scrap iron and (b) only countries that have thermonuclear weapons manufacturing capabilities have the stuff. McLaren were sourcing it from the US Military.

Beryllium Hollogram Si cranks... Mmmmm.

Ace recollections of Fignon from Robert Millar

“We’re at the 1983 Tour de France and it's the morning of the 50km Dijon time trial, the day before the final stage to Paris. I'm out riding the route to see what it's like, the usual stuff of assessing gearing, wind direction and road surfaces. About forty kilometres into the route and nicely warmed up, we are riding hard to get an idea of how the legs feel spinning a big gear, when Fignon suddenly comes past going considerably faster.”

“We think ‘Ok, showing off are we?’, ‘trying to psyche us out?’ And so we give chase. What a bad idea. I can't remember who I was with but there were three of us going through and off and yet he just disappeared into the distance very quickly. We were totally demoralised when we finally catch him up at the finish area and see he is hardly sweating. We knew who the winner would be that afternoon. Sure enough Fignon wins the time trial and the Tour. The next day I catch up with him and offer my congratulations. We briefly talk about the time trial and he admits in total sincerity that he only changed gear a couple of times during the whole thing. He said he went down from top gear for the harder bits because he felt he ought to, not because he needed to.”

Robert Millar Remembers Laurent Fignon | Cyclingnews.com

Woohooou I am the owner of a new bike box. I fly into melb on Saturday and pick it up somewhere in the badlands. I went with jonos tip. Cheap and gets the job done. Quick trip to bunnings for some extra sh1t. Pack it all up and fly out. For really really poor people like me its an awesome solution.

cyclingbox.jpg

VadarStrikesBack said:
Woohooou I am the owner of a new bike box. I fly into melb on Saturday and pick it up somewhere in the badlands. I went with jonos tip. Cheap and gets the job done. Quick trip to bunnings for some extra sh1t. Pack it all up and fly out. For really really poor people like me its an awesome solution.
One thing that is a good idea is to get a big croc dundee knif and cut some holes in the box for baggage handlers to hold the box with, in the same spots as on normal boxes. Otherwise they grab the straps and the straps rip off the box pretty easisly. Doesnt really matter, like myy one you can just tape the straps back on, or have them not even properly attatched they still hold it closed. Or worst really comes to worstr and you have to tap it like a normal bike box which is annoyying but not that bad really.. good travels.

Mastik 1 smells as good as I remember...
... but doesn't give you the same buzz.

Boo to the EU for forcing Vitorria to get rid of all the fun sh1t like benzene and toluene.