The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

To right, Judd has it in the bag!

2. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Strange, can you send me the url or post it here, so we can check it out and see whats going on.

3. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

And he looks more suprised than anyone else in the room.

Gosh there's some real purty girls there tonight. Some of them way too tastefully dressed for WAGS.

Lammie... stop being obtuse.

4. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKajY5GlyI

5. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

Good read
    http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/09/20/floyd-landis-is-coming-to-town-%E2%80%A6-panic-breaks-out-in-cycling/

7. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

A must watch, it confirms all my prejudices about tricrashaletes.

8. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Eddie's NOT happy. At all.

9. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

I like how peoples' attitude towards dopers are completely dependent on those that make the most noise.

Nobody says a peep about Hamilton, Rico, Rasumssen, or Millar.

It must suck getting busted when dudes cleverer and better resourced than you don't, and a long list of champions are lauded yet were clearly (and sometimes post-admittedly) doped to the eyeballs. I see him as quite a naive character who was easily thrown to the wolves.

Still don't have much sympathy, for what it's worth.

Plus his stem is upside down.

10. classic1

Eddie didn't look happy that Swan missed out on the Brownlow. Check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oep4mRpmrkQ&feature=fvw

11. Thylacine

Thylacine Member

Good work by McKenzie, getting in the muck raking and bullshitting before Floyd could.

It's nice to see that the fine tradition of research is still being ignored by the bike industries' pro-establishment sock puppets.

12. classic1

hmmmm, Eddies head exploding would rate well. Maybe I should pitch it to channel 9?

13. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I'd come close to agreeing with you on that - I still think that Hinault's ride with Delgado on the first day of the Pyrenees in the 86 Tour was better just because everyone knew it was coming, everyone was still fresh but Hinault went for it and single handedly shelled about half the favorites in two hours, just because he's Hinault and he could. This of course was followed by another long attack the day after (which ultimately failed), followed by another long attack in the first day in the Alps (which failed), and another long attack the following day (to Alpe D'Huez) which finished Zimmerman and another long attack the day after that and then another time trial win... You get the idea.

... and for the longest time I still kinda sorta believed that the positive was a f*cked up test - as testosterone levels just don't bounce around like that singular "fail" suggested. Being in yellow meant lots of tests and there was certainly enough evidence to show that the lab hadn't even calibrated (still had devices in place that were meant to be there for shipping the equipment only) the lab equipment, lack of chain of custody in the samples etc.

However... the thing that really irked me about the slime ball was the way he used everyone during his "i'm innocent, give me money" campaign that followed. Maybe you didn't get the full media hit of that down under that we did here. Don't take a million or two and THEN come clean "conveniently" moments before the statute of limitations runs out on possible doping charges against Armstrong from back in the day... Ain't doing it for the good of the sport are we Floyd.

14. classic1

Hinault was ace, but you are only allowed to nominate that stage if you can spell col de burdincurachetta or whatever it is properly.

That part of the Pyrenees and the side just over the Spanish border are supposed to have heaps of super tough climbs but it is so remote they don't go there that often.

15. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Apart from the fact that the umpies shouldn't be giving the votes in the first, the only person he can blame for the bogan Swanny not winning is obviously Pendle-Berries for getting too many votes. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

16. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

The Brownlow PowerPoint people don't have much to work with.... There were a few puppies on show, but most were kept hidden in their kennels.

Lucy Cornes wins worst dress.

[​IMG]

17. classic1

I blame Carltons rubbish soft hack spud-like midfield for expecting Judd to carry them and for not taking votes off of him.

18. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

WTF???.....Steve, just cos this is your house, doesn't mean you can just paint it anytime you like!...what about the farkin squatters?/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif....anyway, anyone got the Brownlow powerpoint yet?

19. classic1

yeah, I am waiting on a copy myself. I think I got one off of Ed one year and one off Wilchemy another year. Get your ar5es into gear fellas!

20. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

+1! Where's that slacker Wilchemy when you need him?