The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by paulambry . You know Nev, you're right about black leg warmers. They're ace. Retro. Easy to wash. Understated. But nothing says "I bring the awesome*" quite like white.
And don't forget black booties, coz they'll make ya look like a big, tough trackie
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif
Hoy_Chris_Action_1.jpg

Fark trolling St Kilda supporters on FB is hard work. The silly cnuts just keep biting and biting, and their team has such a long history of fail it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Funnily enough, Carlton supporters bite too. I need a cup of tea and a break from my efforts.

Grand final tips.

classic1 - Pies by 5 goals. You heard it here first.

Originally Posted by Jono L . Nev, is this your man, on the screen left?
If so, he is a mate of mine, he's oooright, cut him some slack/img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

Ha! I'm not sure, coz I didn't get a look at his face. It could be, but it even could be the guy on the right/front.
Who ever it is he's got pretty fair skin/img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

Faaark! Check out Robert Forstermann's gwuads!!! As Tigerlacine once said, track sprinters aren't like normal cyclists, they're basically weight lifters on bikes

20090725_SparkassCup02.jpg

Originally Posted by classic1 .

LOLZ

Apparently 'Joffa' has a self-imposed media ban this week. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Does 'self imposed' mean he is currently neck deep in deep fried squirrel giblets with a carton of winnies and a slab of woodies to follow?

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Faaark! Check out Robert Forstermann's gwuads!!! As Tigerlacine once said, track sprinters aren't like normal cyclists, they're basically weight lifters on bikes

20090725_SparkassCup02.jpg
Crikey! Has that been 'shopped? They look redickleous.

Hey Nev, you'll hate this:

Originally Posted by paulambry .

Dear Nev,

do you reckon this is acceptable for Beach Road? With black knicks and overboots, of course.

Yeah, I'd wear it for a laugh, and coz it would make the cool kids hate me even more /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jono L .

This is exactly the problem though, everyone hating on Landis (other than those possibly about to be exposed or similar) are just shouting out personal reasons of dislike for the guy.

I don't give **** about his personality, who he has leeched off or how vindictive he is. He is going to provide information to help fight doping like never before. That is good. He can have all my attention if he wants.

Swampy, you'd prefer the Ranga you dislike to remain tight lipped so we can have another decade of 'blue trains', really?

If you recall back about a year, I was one of the few that supported Landis in his claims about faulty testing in view of all the 'cr&p' that was uncovered at the infamous French lab... So before you get all high and mightly about a personal dislike for the guy because I "just hate him" then you can go fark yourself... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

... what I dislike about him is his very transparant manner in which he goes about things. If there's nothing in it for him then he cries like a ***** - end of story. The whole "look at me, look and me, give me money I'll sell my story..." attitude. He could have gone about this in a manner that didn't hype everything up by first publishing all his claims in the Wall Street Journal prior to passing the info along to the authorities concerned. I really didn't like the way that he pretty much dismantled the team that he was with at the time - a small team founded by the US Pro Crit champion that was basically a foundation for deprived kids. They lost their big sponsors because of the big initial hype... Way to go Floyd - sh1t on the one guy who's actively giving something back from his sucess from the sport.

And you're going to have another decade or more of "blue trains" regardless. Just like the East Germans/Russians/Americans blood doping in the late 70s and early 80s, PDM "intralipid" (aka EPO) debacle, Festina affair, Operation Puerto, (meet) Joe Papp and his HGH/EPO sales there'll be more "blood dopage" to come. Thirty plus years of blood manipulation isn't going to change because of a case into whether the US Postal Team spent Government money on doping products to gain an advantage.

Do I want this? Hell, no... It used to p1ss me off when I saw guys with 'gear' back in England but believing that the problem will go away as a result of the Federal inquiry into US Postal is like believing that all will be right with the world when the US pull all their troops out of Iraq. Ain't gonna happen.

Classo - you know that if Kimmage honestly wanted to "tell the truth about Pro cycling" he would have done it while he was a Pro cyclist and not waited until he had quit the sport. Another case of the child like mentality "I can't have my balloon, so I'm going to pop yours..." Sure, A Rough Ride is a good book but it was published a year too late for a high ranking in the credability stakes with me... and was there anything in there that was really a big surprise?

I'm not sure why Bryneel let him slip away... Having him and Brajiovick on the same team would have been a good combination in a couple of years. Phinney has already posted some of the fastest pursuit times ever - not as fast as the other amazing uber kid Bobridge - but he seems a bit better suited to the road events at the moment despite having similar "staying upright" skills as Jono.

Speaking of which, Jono has been going through a bit of a dry spell on the skin carnage front... Or have you not been keeping us all updated on that front, Jono? :p

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .
<snip> Classo - you know that if Kimmage honestly wanted to "tell the truth about Pro cycling" he would have done it while he was a Pro cyclist and not waited until he had quit the sport. Another case of the child like mentality "I can't have my balloon, so I'm going to pop yours..." Sure, A Rough Ride is a good book but it was published a year too late for a high ranking in the credability stakes with me... and was there anything in there that was really a big surprise?
I beg to differ about Kimmage's book. He comes across as a whinging ingrate. He was obvioulsy talented enough to ride the Tour, and even gifted enough to be of service to some of the truly great riders in the peloton. But you get the feeling he reckons he was hard done by. There's one section in the book where he details how fit he was after training at home, ready for racing back on the Continent, and he gets a cold and all his good work is undone so his season is ruined. You'd think he had been diagnosed with cancer or he'd busted a leg or something. I can't help but feel that Kimmage believed he was owed something; that perhaps if only people or events or timing had been different he would have been a better rider. When in fact, he should have been grateful for what nature had given him, worked through his adversities, and looked back with satisfaction at what he had had the chance to be part of.

As for any 'insights' into doping... well, it's not the Book of Revelations. It hardly compares to ***** Voigt's tome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Why? Coz of the his leg warmers?/img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

No, because it's not a carbon rim collapsing.

I really struggle to comprehend your position on this Swampy, let alone your vitriol.
So what you're saying is- If someone grew up a rapist, in a culture of rapists, you've got more respect for them if they shut the hell up and keep raping, than if they try to change, and you save your greatest disdain for the ones who took a while to dare to tell what has been happening in order to change the status quo, and blind hatred if they alone got busted for it and then spoke up?

Do you think it's been easy for Kimmage to take on the topic of doping? That it hasn't caused him much suffering to do so? To be hated for it by his peers at the time like Kelly, and since to have ten years of sometimes very personal attacks from the heads of the sport?
Classo - you know that if Kimmage honestly wanted to "tell the truth about Pro cycling" he would have done it while he was a Pro cyclist and not waited until he had quit the sport. Another case of the child like mentality "I can't have my balloon, so I'm going to pop yours..." Sure, A Rough Ride is a good book but it was published a year too late for a high ranking in the credability stakes with me... and was there anything in there that was really a big surprise?

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

If you recall back about a year, I was one of the few that supported Landis in his claims about faulty testing in view of all the 'cr&p' that was uncovered at the infamous French lab... So before you get all high and mightly about a personal dislike for the guy because I "just hate him" then you can go fark yourself... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/tongue.gif

... what I dislike about him is his very transparant manner in which he goes about things. If there's nothing in it for him then he cries like a ***** - end of story. The whole "look at me, look and me, give me money I'll sell my story..." attitude. He could have gone about this in a manner that didn't hype everything up by first publishing all his claims in the Wall Street Journal prior to passing the info along to the authorities concerned. I really didn't like the way that he pretty much dismantled the team that he was with at the time - a small team founded by the US Pro Crit champion that was basically a foundation for deprived kids. They lost their big sponsors because of the big initial hype... Way to go Floyd - sh1t on the one guy who's actively giving something back from his sucess from the sport.

And you're going to have another decade or more of "blue trains" regardless. Just like the East Germans/Russians/Americans blood doping in the late 70s and early 80s, PDM "intralipid" (aka EPO) debacle, Festina affair, Operation Puerto, (meet) Joe Papp and his HGH/EPO sales there'll be more "blood dopage" to come. Thirty plus years of blood manipulation isn't going to change because of a case into whether the US Postal Team spent Government money on doping products to gain an advantage.

Do I want this? Hell, no... It used to p1ss me off when I saw guys with 'gear' back in England but believing that the problem will go away as a result of the Federal inquiry into US Postal is like believing that all will be right with the world when the US pull all their troops out of Iraq. Ain't gonna happen.

But all the other cyclists who are up to the eye balls and winning races aren't doing it because it's in their best interests? Why would they come forward if they are gonna get caught and everyone stays quit? They never will. It's not about Floyd having a concsience, that's a load of ****. He's been backed into a corner with no way out and that's bloody great because we get somewhere here.

The only time someone is gonna bust the whole thing open is if there is something in it for them. It's like a lesson for life, people want attention and things that are beneficial to them, hardly a shock. So why shouldn't the guy telling the truth get something in return as opposed to all the other guys who are maintaining the status quo and continuing to make it hard for the honest riders out there.

Reactions: steve