The Thread about Nothing....

Ok, I'll 'spark' this joint up with some dopey trivia. Is that a tautology?

George Lucas apparently once told Seth McFarlane -- the creator, brains and everything behind Family Guy -- that the only tv shows he watches are Family Guy and Jackass.

'Neville' is French!! It's from the word 'Neuville', meaning 'new village' or 'new town'.

I had an awesome stuff up the other week. Put a new chain on the roadie, went for a quick spin up the road to test it all out. Coming home the leg on my shorts hooked my pump off the bike and I kneed it into the front spokes. Good thing the pump actually snapped, and I stayed upright. I just had to retrue my wheel and have a scratched up fork and one bent spoke :(

Originally Posted by 62vette .

I'm sure I've seen those stickers before...
You didn't buy a Colnago from an Aussie named Neville by any chance, did you? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Originally Posted by roshea .

This weekend's DVD viewing - should be a heap of fun!

That will explain the slightly stunned expression on Drew Barrymore's face.

Originally Posted by matagi .

Quote: Originally Posted by roshea .

This weekend's DVD viewing - should be a heap of fun!

That will explain the slightly stunned expression on Drew Barrymore's face.

"1 down, 49 to go" /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Quote: Originally Posted by paulambry.
Cute hedgehog Mr NouveauBad.

Yes, you've commented on that before, and I said, "you're showing your age" :)

I just repeated myself because, like Ma, I am omniscient and I knew '50 First Dates' was going to be one of the next posts. It was a pre-emptive joke-by-reference.

Or I could have just posted the first thing that came into my mind - to fill the awkward silence - which just happened to be pretty much the first thing that came into my mind the first time I saw the photo.

Okay, so,our stolen car was written off by the insurance company so we now have no car but 7500 in our pocket. Wifey wants Flexicar, Tigger doesn't. Help!

Originally Posted by Thylacine .

Okay, so,our stolen car was written off by the insurance company so we now have no car but 7500 in our pocket. Wifey wants Flexicar, Tigger doesn't. Help!
SMART car doesn't do it for you?

BTW, why Flexicar? It's certainly an interesting concept but you need to do your maths carefully, based on your past usage pattern to see whether it will be cost effective in the long run.

Done the sums, it will save us a measly grand a year, but I reckon it's a grand worth of inconvenience even though there is one 49 steps from our front door.

Oh, and any Band of Brothers fans out there, you need to get your **** to Kmart real quick. I got a box set with bonus DVD documentary, first ep of the Pacific, and "the making of" for the princely sum of 25 bucks.

Well that would suck, two madison partners crashinng in the warm up, and both breaking their collarbones! err um sorry coach!http://australiancycling.blogspot.com/2010/11/day-2.html Bugga.

Done the sums, it will save us a measly grand a year, but I reckon it's a grand worth of inconvenience even though there is one 49 steps from our front door.

Oh, and any Band of Brothers fans out there, you need to get your **** to Kmart real quick. I got a box set with bonus DVD documentary, first ep of the Pacific, and "the making of" for the princely sum of 25 bucks.
The Pacific was interesting history/timeline wise, but the epicness didn't match BoB.

Originally Posted by gplama .

Quote: Originally Posted by Thylacine .

The Pacific was interesting history/timeline wise, but the epicness didn't match BoB.

That's why I bought the BoB. I had a dodge-o-rama copy, but now I can watch it on the big screen in all it's uncompressed 5.1 glory!

Well, a grand a year is still a grand you have to spend or put towards something else. Question is: is it worth the inconvenience factor? Planned stuff is easy obviously but how many impromptu trips do you guys do? What's your alternative if your local flexicar location has no cars?

Sharing sucks, unless it is sharing of body fluids with hot floozies.