The Thread about Nothing....

Nup never heard of her. And I can't think of a caption. But she gets my vote... this is her on a moto adventure, riding through 'outback' South Africa. Cool
kate-peck-1.jpg

The Facebook float... not a super-biggie by historical standards, but certainly the vaguest in history. This, from their offer document:

"We intend to use the net proceeds to us from our initial public
offering for working capital and other general corporate purposes; however
we do not have any specific uses of the net proceeds planned."

Love one of the risks to the company: "the loss of Marck Zuckerberg." Nearly as big as the risk of him staying on.

Originally Posted by gplama .

Kake Peck, the new face of the Melbourne F1. Farking WHO!?

Caption contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

P Zero's and no heros. One chick in Nomex and no men thin enough to get in the passenger seat.

Watched India v Australia at the G tonight. Confirmed what I already knew: Australians are the worst chanters from any nation at any game. It's a national disgrace. I just want to stab anyone and everyone who utters "oi oi oi".

Australia were rubbish tonight.

Greetings from Bendigo, whence I have relocated. Now have internet! I bet you didn't even notice I was gone. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by matagi .

Greetings from Bendigo, whence I have relocated. Now have internet! I bet you didn't even notice I was gone. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

My condolences. I spent 18 years there before I escaped. Good place for bike riding, not much else.

Originally Posted by roshea .

Quote: Originally Posted by matagi .

My condolences. I spent 18 years there before I escaped. Good place for bike riding, not much else.

There's also some good walking around the outskirts of town. I've been here less than a day - I shall reserve judgement. Although I have re-discovered the country tendency for shops to close early on the weekend.

Originally Posted by roshea .

Familiarity breeds contempt eh? We visit friends in Bendigo a couple of times a year and every single time I decide I'm going to move up there one day.

...and then the missus says "you'll be on your own buddy"

Originally Posted by matagi .

The gallery always has something interesting on display and there's a lane in the centre of town with a few cafes that do a passable breakfast.

Interested to hear first hand what the hospitals are like, especially from an employees point of view.

There's a farmers market on the main strip on a Saturday Ma, across the road from the Shamrock. It's **** hot.

Originally Posted by cs124 .

Familiarity breeds contempt eh? We visit friends in Bendigo a couple of times a year and every single time I decide I'm going to move up there one day.

...and then the missus says "you'll be on your own buddy"
Yeah, true. Grew up there - that's the worst kind of familiarity! It is nice to go back to visit (briefly) and the house prices are bloody cheap compared with Melbourne.

Farkety fark ****.
I don't spose I need to tell some of you how cranky you can get when you know you've underdelivered,
but it was nice to get invited to that party afterwards anyway.

As much as I tend to try to shut it out
it's good to know there's a bunch of people who'll at least put up with you for a couple of hours afterwards.

Onwards and upwards hey?