The Thread about Nothing....

Ha! I'm trying to think of daggy things I did when I started, just to make you feel better.

As far as I knew, bibs weren't as common around here in the late '80s, so I always wore Netti bib-less knicks. I started on the track, so the only jerseys I had were two plain, pocketless, skin tight Netti track tops. I also wore them at the crits, and while training (coz that was all I had), and had them nicely tucked in to my Netti shorts, which were pulled up nice and high. :)

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Ha! I'm trying to think of daggy things I did when I started, just to make you feel better.

As far as I knew, bibs weren't as common around here in the late '80s, so I always wore Netti bib-less knicks. I started on the track, so the only jerseys I had were two plain, pocketless, skin tight Netti track tops. I also wore them at the critsk, and to training (coz that was all I had), nicely tucked in to my Netti shorts, which were pulled up nice and high. :)
:)
Yes. 80's Netti lycra left a bit to be desired.
The first on sale jersey I could afford was a Netti, white, with these fluoro pink blocks all over it. I don't remember ever throwing it out either, so there's some photoshoot fun for the fartographer if I can find it again, as she wishes before I finally have a shave an a haircut.

Ha, I mine eventually started falling to bits, I think coz they were already very old when I bought them supposedly new. I got ripped off. :)
The colours weren't too great: 3 big vertical stripes, kinda like a St Kilda, but one was light blue and white, and the other was red and white.
Shockin.

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

Anywayssssss where is jono these days?
Funny you should ask, coz he put his team bikes up for sale today, which obviously means they're getting new bikes or he's changing teams.

https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25090

Holy "Get a bigger frame", Batman. Just kidding, Jono. What would an old deadbeat like me know? Ha.
icon_razz.gif
)
35477_10151090952742861_581100413_n.jpg

Originally Posted by bbp .

:)
Yes. 80's Netti lycra left a bit to be desired.
The first on sale jersey I could afford was a Netti, white, with these fluoro pink blocks all over it. I don't remember ever throwing it out either, so there's some photoshoot fun for the fartographer if I can find it again, as she wishes before I finally have a shave an a haircut.
I still have and occasionally wear my two original jerseys. A '95 Festina and a '96 AKI Gipiemme.

^ Cool. I still have a Gewis and an ONCE jersey that i occasionally wear. I've even replaced the waist elastic a couple of times, and took in the sleeve elastic, coz it got a bit sloppy.

Those old Netti track tops weren't made out of the same stuff as modern jerseys; they were made out of similar lycra that was used for knicks, but cheaper stuff.

Is everyone having a read of USADA's reasoned decision?
http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/
The transcripts of the affadavits (or hearsay as Swampy likes to call them) in the Appendices and Supporting Materials section make some fascinating reading.

^ Cool. I still have a Gewis and an ONCE jersey that i occasionally wear. I've even replaced the waist elastic a couple of times, and took in the sleeve elastic, coz it got a bit sloppy.

Those old Netti track tops weren't made out of the same stuff as modern jerseys; they were made out of similar lycra that was used for knicks, but cheaper stuff.
I just remembered that I still have my long sleeve PDM chrome tapes jersey.

Originally Posted by bbp .

Is everyone having a read of USADA's reasoned decision?
http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/
The transcripts of the affadavits (or hearsay as Swampy likes to call them) in the Appendices and Supporting Materials section make some fascinating reading.
They've redacted Motoman from all the pics! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Never mind, you can get his image here to paste into your favourites.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2zdfyQCAAATif0.png

Wrong Armstrong?

Yeah, I saw that. Who is he?
Philippe Maire AKA Motoman was Lance's handyman / gardener and "allegedly" followed the team around on his scooter with cooler bags full of EPO - outlined in "The Secret Race". Rewarded with a Trek dealership (really? no!) for his years of loyalty and hangs out with whichever team Trek currently sponsors.

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/09/radioshack-nissan-trek-cse-livestrong-rally-to-protect-motoman/

Also a friend of Sean Yates - oh look, who is this parked outside the shop?

I have a team 7UP jersey I managed to keep. Can't believe I used to be that tiny, before discovering pies.

And yes, Jono's Malvern Star is shitful. Hatefull, awful, craptacularly small and stupid, and he looks like a vulture perched atop a rotting carcass riding the damn thing. It's offensive to anyone with eyes.

Oh, and yes that Armstrong thing. I was thinking the other day about my last trip to the US and a visit to their glorious medical system and how endemic state and corporate sponsored drug administering/taking is. Heck, they talk about Vicodin and Oxycontin like they're lollies over there. So, for me at least, we have 1) a sport where drug taking at pro level is pandemic, 2) A guy surviving cancer and 'rebuilding' himself through drugs, and 3) a US societal zeitgeist that almost encourages drug taking, and........*booyah*. And people are actually surprised. Some dolt on TripleJ's 'Hack' program this afternoon was going on and on about how 'shattered' he was. Really? How do you feel about Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Geez. I've been saying for a decade how **** Lance is for the sport, but turns out I was wrong for all the wrong reasons!

Oh yeah, and how many Aussie Pro-Tour cyclists have been busted recently? Hrm.

/selfrighteousness

Originally Posted by roshea .

Philippe Maire AKA Motoman was Lance's handyman / gardener and "allegedly" followed the team around on his scooter with cooler bags full of EPO - outlined in "The Secret Race". These days he just happens to have a bike shop in Nice selling Trek bikes (really? no!) and hangs out with whichever team Trek currently sponsors.

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/09/radioshack-nissan-trek-cse-livestrong-rally-to-protect-motoman/

Also a friend of Sean Yates - oh look, who is this parked outside the shop?
AH, right. thanks

Originally Posted by Thylacine .

I have a team 7UP jersey I managed to keep. Can't believe I used to be that tiny, before discovering pies.

And yes, Jono's Malvern Star is shitful. Hatefull, awful, craptacularly small and stupid, and he looks like a vulture perched atop a rotting carcass riding the damn thing. It's offensive to anyone with eyes.

Oh, and yes that Armstrong thing. I was thinking the other day about my last trip to the US and a visit to their glorious medical system and how endemic state and corporate sponsored drug administering/taking is. Heck, they talk about Vicodin and Oxycontin like they're lollies over there. So, for me at least, we have 1) a sport where drug taking at pro level is pandemic, 2) A guy surviving cancer and 'rebuilding' himself through drugs, and 3) a US societal zeitgeist that almost encourages drug taking, and........*booyah*. And people are actually surprised. Some dolt on TripleJ's 'Hack' program this afternoon was going on and on about how 'shattered' he was. Really? How do you feel about Santa and the Tooth Fairy? Geez. I've been saying for a decade how **** Lance is for the sport, but turns out I was wrong for all the wrong reasons!

Oh yeah, and how many Aussie Pro-Tour cyclists have been busted recently? Hrm.

/selfrighteousness
Well, after reading Floyd's affidavit, I'd say Matthew White will be in trouble very shortly.
His email exchange with Hein and his lawyers is good fodder for Kimmage to use in his upcoming trial.
Hein all focussed on the one bit about UCI covering up the TdS positive, nothing about the general doping allegations, and then UCI trying to stop USADA in their tracks. It's pretty simple to show that criticism of UCI on that alone is not slanderous.
Floyd's testimony and attachments says a bit more than USADA have used against Lance, and they haven't bothered with any UCI allegations yet, my guess is they're trying to ensure UCI doesn't appeal the Lance case to CAS within 21 days, and once that date has passed there's sure to be a bit of dry powder left for Bruyneel's arbitration, and UCI might get it with both barrels then. Hopefully Kimmage can get his court case adjourned until after that, so he's got more testimony from there to use against the UCI.

Originally Posted by Thylacine .

Well, at least it's orange/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

Wowzars. Yeah nah.

Anywayssssss where is jono these days? How did he pull up from tassy? Pretty epic drapac v genesis smackdown.
Went **** got sick. Cried a bit. wah wah.

Went to the movies. Taken Two is OK. But it gave me motion sickness and I broke outin a full sweat thinkin I was gonna puke so left the cinema then got locked out and had to spend and hour at maccas in Devonport on saturday night meanwhile all the locals where avoiding me because I looked like the bloke who'd drunk too much vanilla essence

I reckon the top 3 will be something like;

Mark O'brien
Joel Pearson
Darren Lapthorne