The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Quote: Originally Posted by matagi .

As a bit of a distraction from all this doping stuff .... MotoGP in Japan this weekend, that means an afternoon in front of the TV. Moto3 on at the moment. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Tape it, and get on yer bike. It's too nice a day

Wash your mouth out!

Besides, I've already been out for a big walk complete with backpack and hiking boots - training for my expedition to Tasmania next month. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Walk schmalk -- you used to be about the bikes.
:)
Do you still live near the beach, or Bendigo, or Tassie? I've lost track :)

I'm in Bendigo at the moment, but heading back to Melbs next year - hopefully returning to the genteel streets of Brighton. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Cycling's a bit more utility for me these days. I will have to work on that after my Tassie walk.

Hey VADAR. Tell us stories of SKCC crits and what you really think of them now.

We had a cracker Mountain Goat Classic with Broadford Seymour CC today. 60km handicap with hills, hills, a few more hills. We missed the front runners by only 45 sec. I took 4th & FT. Trophies, pay down to 10th. BBQ put on at the sponsors house post race. I love country racing!

Originally Posted by gplama .

Hey VADAR. Tell us stories of SKCC crits and what you really think of them now.

We had a cracker Mountain Goat Classic with Broadford Seymour CC today. 60km handicap with hills, hills, a few more hills. We missed the front runners by only 45 sec. I took 4th & FT. Trophies, pay down to 10th. BBQ put on at the sponsors house post race. I love country racing!

Sigh. I'm going to bite my tongue right at the moment. Needless to say Im obviously ****ING ******. I've got a lot to say about st kilda and womens cycling in Australia.

I'm a bit sick of being right about everything. All the time. Forever.

Sounds like you ripped it from the back - always fun times picking them off like that.

So, what's it like doing a 'Warny'? Farkin hard, I imagine. Seriously, I'd struggle to cover that distance in 2 days.
Have ya got a report for us, or have you given it to your real friends on BV? :)

Can't wait to hear Jono's Warnie report. Bunch closing on the break..... 70km to go. I bet that little bugger is ripping their legs off.
07:42 NP 292 TSS 451

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/hissyfit.gifMy legs hurt

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

So, what's it like doing a 'Warny'? Farkin hard, I imagine. Seriously, I'd struggle to cover that distance in 2 days.
Have ya got a report for us, or have you given it to your real friends on BV? :)
Nah my real friends are on velo rooms these days/img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif

Nah

Missed a break, had to chase farken hard. then another break went, I ended up ridign the front a lot. Was a solid day. Just gettign my nose in the wind basically.

Then just cruised in the last 60k snivelling off the back of other bunches. Wasn't that hard because there wasn't much cross wind so it wasn't too stressfull

Originally Posted by matagi .

Wash your mouth out!

Besides, I've already been out for a big walk complete with backpack and hiking boots - training for my expedition to Tasmania next month. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
Where are you walking in Tas.?
I've found from experience to avoid Tasmanian pubs. Every one is very very closely related to every one else but for some odd reason they react violently when reminded of this close familial relationship especially when beaten at pool. Drinking with mass murderers and cannibals has its occasional moments of frivolity but generally speaking Tasmanians are best avoided except at gunpoint.

Originally Posted by stevebaby .

Where are you walking in Tas.?
I've found from experience to avoid Tasmanian pubs. Every one is very very closely related to every one else but for some odd reason they react violently when reminded of this close familial relationship especially when beaten at pool. Drinking with mass murderers and cannibals has its occasional moments of frivolity but generally speaking Tasmanians are best avoided except at gunpoint.
I will take on board the advice regarding Tassie pubs - not that I am much of a pub goer. Unless they host a trivia night. I'm right into those.

I shall be walking in the Cradle Mountain area, but not on the Overland Track. My current training regimen includes walking to and from work (11 km round trip) wearing some hideously heavy Timberland hiking boots - which are not the boots I'll be wearing, I hasten to add. Those are a very nice pair of Goretex lined leather Merrells with Vibram soles, but there is no way I'd be destroying them on the footpaths of Bendigo. The Timberlands are pretty well expendable.

tumblr_mbt1rzn8Aq1qz6ktho1_500.jpg

Allegedly, this is Simeoni’s fizik saddle. Says Simeoni, “Now Lance can kiss my ass every time I ride my bike”.
via Bobke Strut http://www.bobkestrut.com/2006/04/01/express-yourself/