The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by bbp .

oes anyone else have a stationery fetish?
One of my favourite belongings is one of my Pop's tortoise shell fountain pens
an it's matching pencil.

3mm pencil lea is ****ing cool.
Stationary is farkin grouse; probably as good as hardware stores and other peoples' tools and stuff in sheds and/or garages.
I went through a phase years ago when I was keeping a log book, where I tried to get the finest pens out there, so i could keep a super-neat log.
I settled on the Uniball micro stuff (i think 0.1mm), but they were too hard to get, and the tips don't stay fine for long; they wear a bit and 'spread'.
Good story?!

I like a good pen me. I have been using a Rotring combo pen/pencil for the past 15 years that has a 0.5mm propelling pencil and three colours of ink. I still have its forerunners kicking around, a Parker pencil and Parker ballpoint.

I wrote with a fountain pen for a number of years, but they are bastards to clean up if you drop them.

Serious pen afficionados go for a nib pen. I have a very nice Cross set in silver and grey - fountain pen, ballpoint and propelling pencil (or mechanical pencil if you're a seppo)

I have a bit of a fondness for the Typo stuff too - quirky stuff like the moustache calendar and the notebooks with helpful slogans on the front like "Keep calm and drink more tequila"

Dearest TAN'ers

I am now an Apple *****. My IPhone 5 is purty.

Now, dearest wise sages, please give me a list of essential apps I need to have. Serious ones, games, silly things, anything goes. (But no, I ,will, not, play, angry, birds, sorry.)

-Fruit Ninja, next?

Originally Posted by bbp .

oes anyone else have a stationery fetish?
One of my favourite belongings is one of my Pop's tortoise shell fountain pens
an it's matching pencil.

3mm pencil lea is ****ing cool.
Obsessed.

I write with a fountain pen. Because of my Catholic upbringing. At St Leo's, it was a momentous day when you could stop using a biro (eeeewwww - horrid, vulgar things) and enjoy the magnificence of an Osmoroid fountain pen.

I use a Lamy. They look a bit cheap, but as far as I know, they are the only manufacturer of proper pens who offer a caligraphy-style nib.

Originally Posted by Jono L .

Dearest TAN'ers

I am now an Apple *****. My IPhone 5 is purty.
Top **** LCarnt! Get a screen protector and 'bumper' case. Saves it from scratchies, give it a fighting chance against dings/cracked screens.
Apps
- Find my iPhone (if it isn't there by default). Sign into www.me.com and configure that **** to allow you to find/alert/lock/wipe the phone remotely if you lose it or it gets flogged.
- Twitter/Facey/Podcasts (Apple app)/Pocket Weather/TramTracker/ABC news app... ummmm... Bank apps are handy. Then just whatever floats your scrote.

Originally Posted by 62vette .

Liggett is a muppet, amusing as a commentator, but a muppet nonetheless
He's a useful idiot. Has the ***** even been following what has been going on?

On top of that he lost it as a commentator years ago, and as a journo years before that. You only have to watch youtube and hear his commentary from the 80's or early 90's to see that he has gotten progressively worse as time has gone on.

Whadda yooz dudes reckon about O'Grady's comments? He's getting hammered on the cool kids' forum

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18931

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Whadda yooz dudes reckon about O'Grady's comments? He's getting hammered on the cool kids' forum

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18931

Why give up your real mind to cyclingnews? He wouldnt tell them **** (which is what was published). He doesnt want to lie to the fans but he sure as **** wont give his real mind to a pathetic website parading as a real journalistic outfit. Certainly not without ample consideration (which they cant afford). He also probably hasnt made his mind up on how he wants to spill his own beans. He probably is still weighing up if he even has too. He will do it but only at time when he can make some good coin out of it most likely. In a book I suppose.

He doesnt strike me as a blood doping type for some reason. Maybe a jab here and there of this or that to null pain etc. He cherishes his hardness. That type of psychology lends itself more to the party drugs and pain killers than systemic blood doping. Mehhh who friggin knows.

Dont even get me started on green edge and the choices made there. I said it right from the friggin start....so did classic1 and gplama too.

Some very ****ing average decisions were made.

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

Dont even get me started on green edge and the choices made there. I said it right from the friggin start....so did classic1 and gplama too.

Some very ****ing average decisions were made.
Maybe....

White
Davis
Cooke - didn't he have his phones tapped by the wallopers 10 years ago and sued a newspaper over doping claims?
Julian Dean - rode for USPS 1999 - 2001
Wesley Sulzberger - Level 7 on the UCI sus list in 2010

Who else?

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

He doesnt strike me as a blood doping type for some reason. Maybe a jab here and there of this or that to null pain etc. He cherishes his hardness. That type of psychology lends itself more to the party drugs and pain killers than systemic blood doping. Mehhh who friggin knows.
I know.

I know you are wrong.

Love, me.
xx

I wonder who's next?

Quote: Friday, 19 October 2012 Cycling Australia Vice President, Stephen Hodge, has today resigned from the Board effective immediately. In his resignation letter addressed to the Board and members Mr Hodge has revealed that during a stage of his career as a professional cyclist he took performance-enhancing drugs. "In light of the current circumstances Stephen has made it clear he doesn't want a mistake he made two decades ago to affect the work of Cycling Australia to take the sport forward," said Cycling Australia President, Klaus Mueller. Mr Hodge turned professional in 1987 and raced in the European peloton up until his retirement at the end of 1996. He began his tenure on the board as the Chair of the Athlete's Commission in June 1999. At the 2007 Annual General Meeting Mr Hodge was elected Vice President of the Board, a position he has held since that time. "I would like to personally thank Stephen for his immense contribution to the sport in a volunteer capacity," said Mr Mueller. "When his professional cycling career ended he became a tireless worker for the sport and for almost 15 years has freely given up his time as an advocate for the rights of athletes and to promote and develop the sport in Australia." "At all times while Stephen was on the Board with me he acted with high principle and great integrity and has been a staunch opponent of doping. "I commend him for his decision to speak out," said Mr. Mueller. The content of Mr Hodge's letter, received today by Cycling Australia, is printed below: "Dear CA Board and CA members, I am writing to tender my resignation as a Cycling Australia (CA) Director effective immediately. Prior to the CA Board meeting on the 16 October 2012 I advised Graham Fredericks and Klaus Mueller that during a stage of my career as a professional cyclist I took performance enhancing drugs—a decision I am not proud of. I am sorry I did it. It was wrong. I apologise unreservedly to CA, my family, friends, colleagues and cycling fans. When I made Graham and Klaus aware of my situation I offered to resign. It was agreed that I would immediately stand aside from all CA Board duties in advance of submitting a formal resignation. At no point have I been involved in any CA Board meetings or discussions in relation to the termination of Matt White's contract. During my time on the CA Board, I have shared CA's strong commitment to the fight against doping. I believe other cyclists should never have to face the same pressures I did during my professional career. I would also like to believe that in my 13 years as a director of CA I have been able to make a valuable contribution in this regard, as well as helping to encourage the growth and strength of cycling as a sport in Australia. I am proud to have been associated with this work and believe cycling has come a long way—and in fact has led the way in many instances. It goes without saying that these are challenging times for cycling. But I feel more hopeful than ever for the future of a sport I love It has been a privilege to serve on the Board and I am grateful for the time and opportunity of working with you all. I wish CA every success. Stephen Hodge"