The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by bbp .

Seriously Jono. Stop it.

Alright, the important question? Nev get on the BOM website. Is it gonna be the wet Paris-Roubaix we've been waiting for the last 8? 9? years?
Please. I think we're due. Not least to maybe level the field.
Roshy is the weather shiz these days. By comparison, I'm just a wannabe

Also, a discussion with a friend whose book is ready for publishing, which has the subtitle "the geeks will inherit the earth". I'm arguing strongly that the phrase loses it's power in the plural, although the multinational publishing house insist that the noun should be pluralised, where the original phrase and it's "meek" was an obvious potentially plural advective. It doesn't matter, geeks are by definition singular, they don't instinctively form teams, or nations, or militaryindustrial juggernauts; and more importantly they shop for books alone, and will appreciate the singularity inherent in the original phrase.
"The geek will inherit the earth"
Yes?

My bro is at P-R today and at Flanders last week, thanks to his "win" at last year's Melburn-Roobaix. *******!! Haha

Also, a discussion with a friend whose book is ready for publishing, which has the subtitle "the geeks will inherit the earth". I'm arguing strongly that the phrase loses it's power in the plural, although the multinational publishing house insist that the noun should be pluralised, where the original phrase and it's "meek" was an obvious potentially plural advective. It doesn't matter, geeks are by definition singular, they don't instinctively form teams, or nations, or militaryindustrial juggernauts; and more importantly they shop for books alone, and will appreciate the singularity inherent in the original phrase.
"The geek will inherit the earth"
Yes?
bbp 0
publishing house 0

I dont like the subtitle at all...is there a vote for that?

Be original...

Originally Posted by Wilchemy .

My bro is at P-R today and at Flanders last week, thanks to his "win" at last year's Melburn-Roobaix. *******!! Haha
Lucky barstid!! Did he take his wheels?

Originally Posted by matagi .

Shouldn't it be "The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth"?
Good point. Forwarded. Out of many options, l I liked the cover proof image of the primate on all fours progressing to the vertical man, but then stooping again to the bloke hunched over a laptop; but apparently there's copyright issues with that however it's used, and particularly in this instance. How about the actual title at the top, with a photo of a monkey in geek glasses sitting at a typewriter wearing a tshirt which says "why the geek shall inherit the earth"?

How about a monkey sitting at a typewriter holding up a piece of paper that has "Hamlet" written on the back?
Or might that be a tad obscure?

VadarStrikesBack said:
Lucky barstid!! Did he take his wheels?
Nah, he took the family instead, but he is doing P-R today solo coz 2 kids under 5 would take all the fun out of chasing cobble sectors.

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

bbp 0
publishing house 0

I dont like the subtitle at all...is there a vote for that?

Be original...
**** it. I'll get in trouble for this probably, it's definitely Too Soon....
but it's
Unnatural Selection (why the geek shall inherit the earth).

Well, if Matagi and I get our way.

The best thing about Paris Roubaix this year is we don't have to listen to seppos talk up the chances of George Hincapie

Originally Posted by classic1 .

The best thing about Paris Roubaix this year is we don't have to listen to seppos talk up the chances of George Hincapie
lols. ol George. Fark.

Hey classo. Pull out the man-kini for next Sunday. I'm doing Baw Baw. I think Jono is too. We'll want epic inspiration somewhere mid race. Vespers would be good.

Originally Posted by classic1 .

Anymore. Oddly enough after that ***** wandered in and out my bedroom I was chatting to the fartographer about how the TAN has changed over the years, and I ended up opening 'The TAT- part Cinq' to compare, and read the first 30 odd pages. It was TdF 2006 era, and more similar than I objectively remembered it, but with more contributors, and Lotek, godblesshim. Plenty of larfs about how Hincapie was a **** GC contender, to go with his Classics almost there's.
As I wished to recall, it was perhaps a touch more cerebral generally though. But still with a good enough leavening of Aussie lowbrow too. Geez I was weird and obsessed with cryptic three line posts back then though. Eh.

**** it. I'll get in trouble for this probably, it's definitely Too Soon....
but it's
Unnatural Selection (why the geek shall inherit the earth).

Well, if Matagi and I get our way.
Oh Mark's book then.

Jono and I agree there should be a farken massive gunt on the front cover.

Originally Posted by gplama .

lols. ol George. Fark.

Hey classo. Pull out the man-kini for next Sunday. I'm doing Baw Baw. I think Jono is too. We'll want epic inspiration somewhere mid race. Vespers would be good.
Yeah that reminds me. My missus was racing warburton the other weekend and jono came flying past in A grade on the 'loop' and the way she tells the story afterwards no **** it was as if she had just met elvis for real. jono this jono that...insanely fast this and why cant u climb like that.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

fark u jono!!

(I meant to post this a week ago but forgot)