The Thread about Nothing....

gplama said:
No no! More fish puns on the net.
Mate, are you trolling this topic or what? It’s not clear what you’re angling at. Whatever, I have to share a story about my uncle Ab. At the winter solstice party the other day, he was knocking back a few mulled wines and he got to telling a few tall tails (you know the ones – the ‘come in spinner’ type). He was going gangbusters until he put a few too many mull away and started to look a bit green around the gills. Then suddenly he leapt up and danced a jig like he could fly. Everyone thought this was hilarious, except for my uncle Eddy who was the sole person in the room who recognised Ab was having a seizure. He knew he couldn’t leave Ab alone so he tackled him. Eddy laid Ab flat, head first, flaked out on the ground. Eddy hadn’t been to medical school and didn’t know what to do next, but fortunately one of the old ladies in the group – a grey nurse – was able to help. Well, it all got a bit creepy when Ab lured the nurse close and tried to groper and snapper into his arms (he thought she was a bit of a nymph). Ab was floundering, but gradually clammed up and calm returned to the party.

If I was uncle Ab to get tanked to the gills I would have been fishing for a few schooners rather than mulled wine. It was probably a fluke uncle Eddy knew what to do.

Originally Posted by paulambry .

I'm not a boxing fan, but I am a fan of a great story... And this one has the lot: world war, poverty, racism, brutality, hypocrisy, moral ambiguity, victory, compassion, athleticism and more. If you haven't seen it before, see if you can set aside an hour and a half.

http://www.sbs.com.au/documentary/video/32954435877/The-Fight
Yeah, grouse. I've seen it before. ..... so many grouse stories/docos out there.
I like the "Mafia's Greatest Hits" series of docos, which is being repeated on ch 1 on Tuesday nights.

I didn't the movie, The Fighter, with Marky Markie Mark, Christian Bale and Amy Adams. It's pretty much a true story. It's probably not exactly cinematic gold, but worth a look, mostly coz it's real (enough).

Originally Posted by VadarStrikesBack .

She doesn't really give a **** either way. I'm a bit wtf
I'm disappointed with myself that I've been unable to tap into and channel your hated of everyone into motivation to train hard and smash crunts. I just KNOW you've got the hate in ya; I can sense it.
:)

Me farkin Tiboshi lapping-top hard drive **** itself, so me old man's lent me a Toshiba Portege M500, which is ok, but slow as fark-all.
Boo

531Aussie said:
I'm disappointed with myself that I've been unable to tap into and channel your hated of everyone into motivation to train hard and smash crunts.   I just KNOW you've got the hate in ya; I can sense it.    :)  
Hate hate hate hate rah rah rar Hateeeeee. I do like your tv room setup but Fark knows how you can watch three things at once!!

531Aussie said:
Me farkin Tiboshi lapping-top hard drive **** itself, so me old man's lent me a Toshiba Portege M500, which is ok, but slow as fark-all. Boo
Time for a Samsung solid state drive and OS restore ;) fark using antiquated technology with metal disks that spin at 7,200rpm and a wizzo arm that wobbles backwards and forwards like a record player stylus on crack.

Reactions: steve
Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Time for a Samsung solid state drive and OS restore /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif fark using antiquated technology with metal disks that spin at 7,200rpm and a wizzo arm that wobbles backwards and forwards like a record player stylus on crack.
Yeah, I didn't know that until the other day. I used to throw mine around like it was a mobile phone, which could've been what killed it. :)
It'd be nice to get something super-new and fancy, but I'll probably be getting another freebie, refurbed Toshiba Tecra from my dad's old stash

I do like your tv room setup but Fark knows how you can watch three things at once!
I usually have the sound off on the sports while I'm watching a 'real' show with the sound on

Hate hate hate hate rah rah rar
Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man
Ha!

Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man
Ha!
Hate is a bit strong. You cant sustain hate. Hate is for the third from last corner when you NEED the wheel or are off the front. Hate every cnut you ever met in that moment. To sustain anything long term you need big love. Whatever the **** that is. I just posted from my couch with a magnum in my hand. So my idea of big love for bikes is minimal to non existent.

Thanks ma. Had jaws 2 on, checked in here, saw your post. I would have missed it otherwise

531Aussie said:
Hate > rage > motivation > train like a maniac with hate in your heart (while bopping along to The '70s at 7 on Gold FM :) ) > race > smash cnunts > feel like a vindicated, big man  Ha!  
Ace. A bloke I used to look up to as a bike rider used to say that. He reckoned I was a bit soft and used to say 'mate, you have to hate the ****s'

Originally Posted by classic1 .

Thanks ma. Had jaws 2 on, checked in here, saw your post. I would have missed it otherwise

Glad to have been of service.

Am I the only one who finds the narration a tad irritating? The information is fascinating but the delivery is really starting to grate.