The Thread about Nothing....



Jono L

Well-Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
4,434
124
48
Tried to get in early break.

did not get int.

take it easy, try again tonight.

he obviously cant climb wit hthe front so no point wasting energy trying with two more good days to come.
 

classic1

Well-Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
11,431
2,022
113
A man who died after a pie-eating competition said ‘‘jeez, this chilli pie is hot’’ in his final moments Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/man-dies-eating-pie-in-pub-state-of-origin-contest-20130718-2q75o.html#ixzz2ZS5U3b00 http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/man-dies-eating-pie-in-pub-state-of-origin-contest-20130718-2q75o.html
 

62vette

Well-Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
1,961
236
63
60
Te Ika a Maui
I may have posted this one before, but the Brisbane pie eater may have forgotten the first rule of pie eating: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Q7UX8KASASU[/VIDEO]
 

Wilchemy

Well-Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
1,635
216
63
Quote:Originally Posted by 531Aussie .Nah, I meant in the time trial.  Wasn't he slower than Cavendish? :)


Similar to what Jono said about what happened last night... I think I saw in cyclingnews or somewhere that the BMC team bosses basically to him said since your GC chance is down the gurgler just roll thru the TT and save some energy to try for a stage win in the mountains. He has now managed to lose sufficient time that he would be no danger to anyone in the top 25 even so it should improve his chances of being allowed in a breakaway. With TJ away out front yesterday there would have been no pressure or really any point in him having a crack after his initial attempt failed.
 

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,633
297
83
Can someone give me a Stalkbook tip?

When checking out friends lists of people you're not friends with, do you only get a few shots to look at the list?
Obvious example: I checked out the lists of a few people a few times, but now I can't see their friends. Is that automatic, or has some alarm gone off that they're being stalked, and they've changed a setting?
nerd.png
 

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,633
297
83
Well, from the hottest July day on record, to a really farkin cold one (it was 7.2 in the city at 4 o'clock). In case anyone's wondering, it's way off the coldest July day, which was 4.4 in 1901. I'm such a geek. Ha.

Coldest Melbourne days

18 Jan
1923
14.6
18 Feb
1951
14.7
21 Mar
1931
12.0
15 Apr
1900
8.9
31 May
1977
8.3
23 Jun
1878
5.3
04 Jul
1901
4.4
09 Aug
1872
6.7
11 Sep
1969
8.3
29 Oct
1922
9.0
04 Nov
1913
11.0
12 Dec
1867
10.4
 

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,633
297
83
Today's trivia: dogs, and their relatives, are one of the few animals on the planet that have dedicated eyebrow muscles, which is why their faces are so expressive, unlike cats, who don't have the muscles.

The theory goes that, due to their pack existence, a wider range of facial expressions increases their communication 'vocab'.

Ya see, this is the type of thing that happens when I can't ride me bike. HA.
 

Jono L

Well-Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
4,434
124
48
Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

. I'm such a geek. Ha.
But that's why we love you.

A geek who can SMASH CNUTS.

An unorthodox but stunning combination.
 

roshea

Well-Known Member
May 8, 2005
2,315
298
83
Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Can someone give me a Stalkbook tip?

When checking out friends lists of people you're not friends with, do you only get a few shots to look at the list?
Obvious example: I checked out the lists of a few people a few times, but now I can't see their friends. Is that automatic, or has some alarm gone off that they're being stalked, and they've changed a setting?
nerd.png
There have been some changes in Facebook privacy lately - perhaps these people have bumped up the security on their profile so you can no longer see their friends.
 

roshea

Well-Known Member
May 8, 2005
2,315
298
83
Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

Today's trivia: dogs, and their relatives, are one of the few animals on the planet that have dedicated eyebrow muscles, which is why their faces are so expressive, unlike cats, who don't have the muscles.

The theory goes that, due to their pack existence, a wider range of facial expressions increases their communication 'vocab'.
My bigger dog is a goofball who is friendly to nearly all dogs EXCEPT black ones with hairy faces - he's really wary of them like he can't work out how to deal with them, even if they're giving other "play" signals. He's ok with labradors but not with black kelpies or black longhaired German shepherds. My wife suggested that he can't properly work out the expressions of hairy black faces - would fit in with what you're saying since you can't see their eyebrows move.
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
I looked into the face of a chihuahua recently, and it was like looking into the cold dead eyes of a psychopath. The most evil ****** eyebrows I ever did see. It was like gazing into the abyss of Hell..
 

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,633
297
83
Originally Posted by roshea .


There have been some changes in Facebook privacy lately - perhaps these people have bumped up the security on their profile so you can no longer see their friends.
Thanks. However, I logged out, then was able to view my own friends several times
 

531Aussie

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
12,633
297
83
If Voigt wasn't going the long way he might be half a chance. Is there any danger he could ever ride in a straight line?! it ***** me :)