The Thread about Nothing....

Drunken edits turn into weird quote posts courtesy of Green Flash brewing Co's Pallette Wrecker Ale. Fantastic stuff!!

So disapointing that Green Flash cost an arm and two legs in Aus. Very disapointing.

I want lots of it and I want it cheap!

Jono L said:
So disapointing that Green Flash cost an arm and two legs in Aus. Very disapointing. I want lots of it and I want it cheap!
It ain't cheap here either. $10 for 4 bottles.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Ha! I can't remember the last time I saw any size bottle of any beer for less than $2.50.

I told yuz: Murdoch, the CIA and the aliens....... Just follow the dough, bro, and the extraterrestrials whose planet is no longer inhabitable :)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/

Important security update about Future forums PC Gamer Last week on the 19th July 2013 we discovered that PC Gamer's vBulletin-powered forum had been the target of a malicious attack. Immediate action was taken to shut the forum which blocked the attack and we have since been thoroughly investigating the damage done and how this attack took place.
We have no evidence that any of the PC Gamer's users' details were stolen. However we feel it is safest to keep the forum closed until we are satisfied that the security vulnerability in the software is fixed. Information on the progress of this will be communicated via the PCGamer site.
Other Future Forums If you are seeing this message it is because this vBulletin forum has been closed as a precautionary measure. We have no evidence this forum has been compromised, however we are investigating each forum in our network individually to be sure this is the case.
The website teams will be in touch with more information on the progress of this as soon as it becomes available.
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused, we take our user's security very seriously and we appreciate your patience.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

You don't know how good you've got it.

$10 for 4 bottles of anything is a good deal down under. Let alone some decent stuff like Green Flash.

It's ~6-7$ for one bottle, that's standard retail.

Buy it in a bar and it's ~9-12.

Jono L said:
You don't know how good you've got it. $10 for 4 bottles of anything is a good deal down under. Let alone some decent stuff like Green Flash. It's ~6-7$ for one bottle, that's standard retail. Buy it in a bar and it's ~9-12.
How big of a bottle are you talking about - 12oz (340ish ml) or 22oz (625ml)? I was talking about the 340ml bottles. Most of the good stuff here goes for about $5 to $10 a bottle for a 22oz. You can get good beers for $8 to $12 for a six pack or $15 to $20 for a twelve. Rare stuff like the green flash brew I just had comes in small 4 packs and usually run $8 to $12. Of course there's the silly expensive beers that are limited production or bizarre sizes like a recent Magnum sized bottle of Double ******* ale - just over 3liters and just over 11%. I had a double ******* bad ass on the crapper the day after i tell ya. So, with prices like that you know why I keep going from 70kg to 85kg and back again.

Worse, I get fat AND poor.

Two things I know you hate!
tongue.png

(fcuking hell this tongue pokey smiley really doesn't live up, does it?)

Jono L said:
Worse, I get fat AND poor. Two things I know you hate! :tongue: (fcuking hell this tongue pokey smiley really doesn't live up, does it?)
Steve, Give the tongue pokey smiley face a tongue that a horny woman would want. It'll keep Jono happy.

Southern TANners, I need your help!

Where in Melbourne would I find the largest concentration of used car yards?

Originally Posted by matagi .

Ringwood. Maybe. Car City. Not where I'd buy a car from though. To use my best (yet worst) analogy, going there is like going to a ***** house to choose a new mum. They're all done up nicely.... in the end you know they'll flog your pocket money and do crack.

Maybe Princess Highway out Dandy way?

I dunno what you are after ma and what sort of dollars, but I brought my Subi here. Got it about $4k cheaper than I saw similar cars anywhere. http://www.carlins.com.au/

People still go to used car yards to see what's there??? I haven't bought a car in the last 15 years that hasn't been through http://www.carsales.com.au/

Or auctions if you know what you're looking for. Good for ex-lease vehicles which can be a good deal - normally fully maintained and might have some warranty remaining.

How old? Really used, or fark-all used? For older stuff, there's also a few on Warrigal Rd, Moorabbin East, just south of South Rd.

Yeah, carsales.com.au is pretty good