The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

Thank you gentlemen, I do know about carsales.com.au, the problem is you waste a lot of time looking at the listings, then sending emails to find out who and where the seller is only to be told the vehicle is no longer available. I also need to get a vehicle ASAP (this weekend if possible) and it's a damn sight easier to do that by going somewhere where there are multiple caryards and having a look through all of them, than teeing up viewing times with private sellers and driving all over Melbourne.

2. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

OK then Matagi, two suggestions:

http://melbournescheapestcars.com.au/ is HUGE - lots of ex-lease (plus other) cars of all shapes and sizes. Salesmen are pretty slimy, they say no negotiating on price (you might be able to switch on that Matagi charm!), and the listed price doesn't include rego and some fees BUT they are very cheap. I got a car there last year for $19.5K (listed at $17.5K, add rego, stamp duty transfer and their $500 processing fee); a very similar one at another yard was $24K. They're open 9-5 today but the cars aren't registered (yet) so you can't drive away in it today. All their ads on carsales tend to you the phrase "exress delivery from Melbourne daily" and have a stock number, so this carsales search might show you mostly their listings - you can then search that list for makes and models: http://goo.gl/DBWoYq
    (or use the search on their site - duh!)

http://www.carcity.com.au/ is even bigger. Basically it's lots of car yards trading on the one site. I haven't bought from there but went looking a few years ago when buying another car. You can search their stock too.

3. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

Just go down Classo's way, plenty of cars just sitting around on cinder blocks

4. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's the deal with none of the cars being registered? That put me off a bit

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Are you after a particular make/model?

6. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why they're unregistered. Some have come out of leases or business rego and some are from interstate. It does add to the "drive away" price (like with a new car) but it's no drama and they'll do it all for you (hence the $500 processing fee) or you can organise it yourself (temp permit, Vicroads trip, blah blah blah - I decided to outsource this). It's a bit like the auction places or wholesalers.

7. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Only good old aussie cars though. Not like u latte sipping inner city cunts with your ghey euro Renaults and Citroens and Audis and BMWs. I was there yesterday. It made me sick to my patriotic stomach.

8. classic1

Went and visited mum in hospital yesterday. Saw Mick Gatto in the street. Even he has a big arse rolls Royce. What's wrong with a Statesman you pooftah?

9. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

Peugeot you fcukstick

[​IMG]

10. classic1

11. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

There is a burnt out VT on the State TTT course 20km south of Buninyong if you're looking for a fix-er-upper.

12. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I miss my old Peugeot "Robert Millar" with its Carboshite 103 tubing. Plastic Huret rear mech and downtube levers, no name chrome rims that I did a "Nev" on and stuck Mavic stickers on 'em.

13. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

"Celebrity" encounter! I have my own celeb story - just for you actually Classic ('cos I know you're a fan). My Bride and I were in a coffee/book shop at Sydney airport on Friday and the barrista calls out some pretentious order to get the customer's attention... "Double shot three-quarter soy latte!" Everyone looks up to see who ordered such a thing. Julie Zamiro stands up and chimes in with "Can you say that a bit louder?!?" Much laughter from everyone in the cafe. BTW - she looks even better in real life than on the telly. Also on the same flight - Megan Gale. Stunning. And just slight shy of the eight-foot-tall mark.

14. classic1

Julia is ace. She even entertains in public. I was wondering if there was still a contract out on Gatto. I could have made a couple of hundred grand. I'm speculating there isn't though on account of everyone wanting to put out a hit on him being dead.

15. classic1

My celeb encounters are always shit too Paul. Chopper Read, Gatto, kamahl, Dennis Walter Ahahahaha. Actually, the Walter one was hilarious. Years ago I was on the local Brashs store at the shopping centre (looong time ago) and Dennis Walter was doing an appearance there flogging his latest cd. 'Dennis sings olden day hits for your nan' I think it was called. Anyway, he was being mobbed for autographs by exactly no one. I was walking up to pay for a cd and said to him 'get out of the way Dennis, youre blocking the counter'. He was too. Couldn't he see that I'm a busy man?

16. 531Aussie

That's good to hear. I like her. She was doing an arvo radio show here a couple of years ago, and she seems pretty sharp.

17. 531Aussie

I saw a dog die today just after he was hit by a car on North Rd, Ormond. [​IMG] Bugger. I was rolling home at about 5:30, and couldn't work out why a whole bunch of cars had suddenly stopped (it was pretty busy). I looked over to see the dog in the middle lane, moaning and barely able to move. I woman got out of her car and got him over to the footpath, and about 30 seconds later, his head rolled back and that was it. Someone checked his pulse and couldn't find one. The lady who picked him up was pretty upset, and lashed out at a guy who she assumed had hit him. Some young dudes said they were gunna take him ,,,,,somewhere. I nicked off coz I thought I was gunna start weeping.

He was old-ish, small, and looked like a corgi cross. He had a collar but no tags.

18. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

Another dead pool non-fail, although I fail for not knowing about this sooner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiroemon_Kimura

"He died of natural causes on June 12, 2013 at the age of 116 years, 54 days."

paulambry likes this.
  19. gplama

gplama Well-Known Member

HAHAH!!! You seriously picked the oldest cnut in the world?

20. classic1

No one had 'old-ish, small, and looked like a corgi cross on North Road' though. Sorry Nev. I like dogs but I hate Corgis. With good reason too.