The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
I'd take poo brown over this any day

I was thinking of getting one of those for my wife to drive when she is on call and I'm stuck ferrying all the children around in a bike trailer, but apparently she isn't all that keen on the styling.

Like I said, touchy... ... But whatever dude. Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy is fine but cnuts - something your not gettin' :p Those pics were funny, maybe I need to ask if your humour escaped and dribbled down your leg one afternoon.

swampy1970 said:
Like I said, touchy... ... But whatever dude. Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy is fine but cnuts - something your not gettin' :p Those pics were funny, maybe I need to ask if your humour escaped and dribbled down your leg one afternoon.
Why would I want to entertain your humour when I'm ****ing sick of it? Let's discuss your sexuality

swampy1970 said:
Like I said, touchy... Those pics were funny, maybe I need to ask if your humour escaped and dribbled down your leg one afternoon.
Sense of humour? I mean, ****, me. You ever hear anyone say 'that's so straight', how the **** do you think my sense of humour is going when it's that bullying attitude from CNUTS like you who want to drop that and post that cartoon and then tell me not to be so sensitive? How does **** off sound? You think hearing, that's so gay, day in, day out, isn't just the slightest bit demeaning? So again, you can **** off

I mean. Al that **** is done. And in the past. Whatever. But dont keep bringing it up you Cnut

Jono L said:
...post that cartoon and then tell me not to be so sensitive? ...
Hey, don't knock that cartoon, it's a work of comic genius. I happen to know the cartoonist and he's a nice bloke. He used to post a lot here, but it would seem he has better things to do these days. Apparently he has a life outside the interwebs. What a loser.

Originally Posted by Jono L

Sense of humour?

I mean, ****, me. You ever hear anyone say 'that's so straight', how the **** do you think my sense of humour is going when it's that bullying attitude from CNUTS like you who want to drop that and post that cartoon and then tell me not to be so sensitive?

How does **** off sound?

You think hearing, that's so gay, day in, day out, isn't just the slightest bit demeaning?

So again, you can **** off
You posted the ****ing cartoon, damn it. Don't whine at me for cartoons you originally ****ing posted and made fun of.

Sorry to hear that modern colloquialisms like "that's so gay" pisses you off (it probably pisses you off as much as sitting watching Monty Python with Americans and having to endure them laughing at parts that aren't funny because they don't get it) but the fact is as long as adults are not ****ing kids or animals I wish everyone the best in their chosen preference of consensual sexual fun. I might come out with the odd comment here and there but none of it is laced with malice. If you end up shacking up with a guy under whatever term the flavor of the month is marriage/civil union/politically correct phrase that really doesn't make obvious sense, then I'll be one of the first to raise a beer in a toast to your honor.

In case you forgot, I live and work just a stones throw from the "gay capital of the world." A good percentage of folk that I've worked with in the last 15 years were partnered with folk of the same sex. Sadly, most were guys - cause gay chicks down here are so ****ing hot most of the time, like Elle McPherson hot... Watching the girls show public displays of affection is often a sight to behold. The guys... not so much :p

... and you think I don't get a good amount of **** for being English here in the US? I don't recall a week where I didn't get some barbed remark but instead of crying like a ***** I just come up with a witty comment to make them look like a ****.

In future, since you're quite the fragile princess, I'll treat you with kid gloves. I used to think you were an OK guy, even after your 'announcement.' I'm just used to being around folks who are gay that aren't quite so butt hurt about such things. Maybe all those fat chicks you seemingly made fun of at will won't come back to ***** at you in a similar way...

10538-awkward-moment-seal.jpg

The rest of us.....

Originally Posted by cheetahmk7

"It was, and always shall be, a 5.75 liter motor that in 1971 was capable of competing on equal ground with hemi headed 7 liter motors. With the same 0.6" lift endurance cams, at the same rpm, with the same carburetion, the 351 cubic inch Ford made equal horsepower as the FE427, the Boss 429, the 426 Hemi and the 421 Super Duty. It could power a Torino around the super ovals like Taladega and Daytona at equal speed, and with equal reliability as the big blocks. It could cruise around a super oval at 7200 rpm all day long without breaking. It did this with a thin cast block, no side oiling, no steel crank. The 351C 4V was assembled on an assembly line at 20% of the cost of a Boss 429 or the 427 FE." - 351Cleveland.net forum.

Here in OZ we put them in family sedans and raced them at Bathurst.

When I built that motor that was the best manifold available for my combination. Certainly better than the old school dual and single plane manifolds. The motor makes around 480 hp at 6200 rpm and would be better off with one of the new generation hi-rise dual plane manifolds that have been developed since. It's a bit of a sad story regrading these manifolds as the guy that developed them was put out of business by cheap and nasty Chinese rip-offs of his own manifolds.

Do those rockers have roller tips? We found that the big problem with using pressed rockers on Clevos which have canted valves just like the BBC wasn't the rockers which were plenty strong enough but the lack of roller tips which meant that sideways forces were transmitted to the valves and guides. The valves would develop enough sideways play that you could feel it with you fingers and see it with your eyes. Will the double rocker cover gasket trick give you enough clearance for roller rocker? If you look at the above photos you will see that is what we did. Gee I could go insane on a Clevo build now with a bit more cash and greater part availability. Siamese block + stroker kit = 434 ci. Add 3V heads and manifold plus a solid roller camshaft and you are looking at 700+ hp with pump fuel or a bit less with a hydraulic roller camshaft. Still it would be $20k.

My suggestion with the front brakes is to make sure you can still fit 15" wheels on it. These older cars look a bit weird with non-period wheels especially wheels with a big diameter. My car has factory four wheel disc brakes which is pretty impressive for the early 70's.

What diff ratio does it have? I quite like 3.5:1 and you should still be fine doing the 1st to 4th gear shift whilst keeping your sanity at highway speeds. I do the 1st to 4th shift all the time and your donk will have more torque than mine. Did it originally have a 10 bolt? I put a factory 10 bolt in my first car which was a 1970 Kingswood and I later put an Auburn LSD in it which I picked up whilst in Hawaii. It sure had the security guys puzzled when they inspected my bags at the airport. It didn't have c-clips but it did spit one axle and brake another. I ended up running 9" axles in it.

Regarding the 502 Chev, my first experience with them was in the late 80's when I skied behind this boat. It had something like 1200 hp. Up until then it was just 454 Chevs. The blocks were always Mercruiser blocks.
No rollers on the rockers. The clearance issue between the valve covers and brake booster mean there's not even room for an extra gasket. I need a modern 5"-ish booster and relocate the stuff for the wipers etc before I can pop in some roller rocker arms and taller valve covers. When I do that I'll probably just go for a set of AFR heads - there's a set, I forget the model number, that most have found to give an extra 80hp and 50 lf/ft and come complete with required studs, rockers and pushrods. Pricey - kinda, but they add a lot to the top end.

The ZZ502 has been out almost 10 years and I don't see issues with valve guide wear on the interwebz.

From the top of my head the rear is either a 4.31 or a 4.33. The car was never built for long distance cruises, more insta-fcukoff warp speed when some **** in a turbo Civic decided he wanted to look like a complete ass. At the very most we might drive up I-80 east to Reno over Donner Pass (yes, the Donner Pass where folks turned to cannibals as referenced in the movie "The Shining") or west into San Francisco. All the other highways east into the Sierra's are the domain of the S2000. They're all one lane each way (highway 4 - Ebbetts Pass - has about 50km of narrow road, grades upto 25% and no center lane markings) and even gunning it in the Honda there's more than a few parts that require slowing down to 60kmh. In the Honda 2nd (60mph) and 3rd (95mph redline) are the gears of choice unless stuck in traffic... Excellent roads to drive hard with a cautionary eye on safety. Too get the Camaro handling that well would require a tube frame and a few hours with the semi local Penske Racing Shocks guy - plus the $14,000 in shocks and development time (including the use of spare springs etc)

Can afford to live on Beach Rd. Can't afford walls or windows? (or double glazing?)

I take it this guy lives near some lights. Imagine the noise from cars, trucks, motorbikes accelerating!

Can't win can we?

Originally Posted by swampy1970

You posted the ****ing cartoon, damn it. Don't whine at me for cartoons you originally ****ing posted and made fun of.

Sorry to hear that modern colloquialisms like "that's so gay" pisses you off (it probably pisses you off as much as sitting watching Monty Python with Americans and having to endure them laughing at parts that aren't funny because they don't get it) but the fact is as long as adults are not ****ing kids or animals I wish everyone the best in their chosen preference of consensual sexual fun. I might come out with the odd comment here and there but none of it is laced with malice. If you end up shacking up with a guy under whatever term the flavor of the month is marriage/civil union/politically correct phrase that really doesn't make obvious sense, then I'll be one of the first to raise a beer in a toast to your honor.

In case you forgot, I live and work just a stones throw from the "gay capital of the world." A good percentage of folk that I've worked with in the last 15 years were partnered with folk of the same sex. Sadly, most were guys - cause gay chicks down here are so ****ing hot most of the time, like Elle McPherson hot... Watching the girls show public displays of affection is often a sight to behold. The guys... not so much :p

... and you think I don't get a good amount of **** for being English here in the US? I don't recall a week where I didn't get some barbed remark but instead of crying like a ***** I just come up with a witty comment to make them look like a ****.

In future, since you're quite the fragile princess, I'll treat you with kid gloves. I used to think you were an OK guy, even after your 'announcement.' I'm just used to being around folks who are gay that aren't quite so butt hurt about such things. Maybe all those fat chicks you seemingly made fun of at will won't come back to ***** at you in a similar way...

**** you are a cockhead. Maybe because every time Jonos name comes up you have to bring up some reference to him being gay is the reason he gets ****** off. I know it ***** me. Even a boofhead like me knows enough to tone down the gheyfelcherhomopoojabber ********, let alone make reference to a particular persons sexuality. Are you that lacking in emotional intelligence you can't see that, or are you just stupid? If you don't care like you say, then why the **** bring it up all the time? The 'I've got gay friends' **** doesn't cut it.

Originally Posted by swampy1970

Nice collection of Lotus cars. Got a link to the source of that pic?
Nah. I saw it on here. It's just a thread about a guy asking what colour to paint his bike

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=302897

Originally Posted by gplama

Can afford to live on Beach Rd. Can't afford walls or windows? (or double glazing?)

I take it this guy lives near some lights. Imagine the noise from cars, trucks, motorbikes accelerating!

Can't win can we?
Ear plugs. I do it often because I sleep "unique" hours.. For instance, the next door neighbour mowed his lawns at 8:15am the other day. Fancy that!! Mowing lawns at 8:15 on a warm Tuesday morning!!! :)

Ya just gotta make sure ya have a loud smoke alarm.