The Thread about Nothing....

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
wow. Fast course, too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-road-world-championships-2014/mens-elite-individual-time-trial/results
Ooops. There's a mistake in the article (it seems), suggesting that he rode 57.1km in 56:26!! That's why me jaw dropped

classic1 said:
**** you are a cockhead.  Maybe because every time Jonos name comes up you have to bring up some reference to him being gay is the reason he gets ****** off.   I know it ***** me.  Even a boofhead like me knows enough to tone down the gheyfelcherhomopoojabber ********, let alone make reference to a particular persons sexuality. Are you that lacking in emotional intelligence you can't see that, or are you just stupid?  If you don't care like you say, then why the **** bring it up all the time?  The 'I've got gay friends' **** doesn't cut it.
Bite me. I couldnt give two craps what another persons sexuality is. If a guy or girl decides to bat for the home team then so be it. I just find it ironic that Jono posts a comic of a guy pushing fudge and then later on he gets all bent out of shape about it when it suits. I suppose Jono feels great unconsolable remorse about the pics of all the fat chicks he posted pics of and the made fun of... Oh, I guess not. Double standards when it suits.

Originally Posted by swampy1970

Nice collection of Lotus cars. Got a link to the source of that pic?
My Google powers.....
http://www.pbase.com/noyphoto/image/132936751

Originally Posted by cheetahmk7

I was thinking of getting one of those for my wife to drive when she is on call and I'm stuck ferrying all the children around in a bike trailer, but apparently she isn't all that keen on the styling.
It looks a bit like the cheap Aussie version of the Donington collection. There was one of those in only slightly tatty (for an old Lotus) original John Player Special livery getting around near here a few years ago. So small, and yet so... proper? The 70s/80s Lotii with rotten chassis' are probably a good buy right now. And a great project car, and so many donor choices. I wish I had some money.
Fiberglass? Fixable. Engines. Throw them away. Electrics and chassis too. And then....

Originally Posted by bbp

It looks a bit like the cheap Aussie version of the Donington collection. There was one of those in only slightly tatty (for an old Lotus) original John Player Special livery getting around near here a few years ago. So small, and yet so... proper? The 70s/80s Lotii with rotten chassis' are probably a good buy right now. And a great project car, and so many donor choices. I wish I had some money.
Fiberglass? Fixable. Engines. Throw them away. Electrics and chassis too. And then....
Small world because I think I spoke to the owner of that car. Is this it: http://www.motoring.com.au/advice/2014/lotus/europa/from-the-classifieds-1973-lotus-europa-type-74-twin-cam-special-40943

The one I was keen on looks like it has already sold. It's an S2 and the lines look purer than the more masculine twin cam Europas that followed.

Originally Posted by cheetahmk7

Small world because I think I spoke to the owner of that car. Is this it: http://www.motoring.com.au/advice/2014/lotus/europa/from-the-classifieds-1973-lotus-europa-type-74-twin-cam-special-40943

The one I was keen on looks like it has already sold. It's an S2 and the lines look purer than the more masculine twin cam Europas that followed.
Nah it was a proper original black and gold lettered the real deal.
And that would be worth keeping original. The picture above? Gut it and get creative.

Ah sorry. Just clicked on the link. Nah still? I remember more gold. Dunno. Wider pinspripes perhaps? Different to my recall, but they're so tiny in person and misplaced in normal traffic that it has to look different in person to the photos. Maybe.

What did he want for it?
And then I learnt to read. $28.5k. For a tired old not actually original thing. Meh. If it really was fully original some Old Dartophile might jump but to be honest I'd prefer a cheap down in the heel old girl who'd consider it a blessing to get the more bastardised modern geeup. And to be honest I'd probably rather go for an Esprit. Wedge baby. Since I can't afford a curvy Elan.

The Europa in that first link does have the JPS livery. That one is in way too good condition to mess with.

swampy1970 said:
You posted the ****ing cartoon, damn it. Don't whine at me for cartoons you originally ****ing posted and made fun of. Sorry to hear that modern colloquialisms like "that's so gay" pisses you off (it probably pisses you off as much as sitting watching Monty Python with Americans and having to endure them laughing at parts that aren't funny because they don't get it) but the fact is as long as adults are not ****ing kids or animals I wish everyone the best in their chosen preference of consensual sexual fun. I might come out with the odd comment here and there but none of it is laced with malice. If you end up shacking up with a guy under whatever term the flavor of the month is marriage/civil union/politically correct phrase that really doesn't make obvious sense, then I'll be one of the first to raise a beer in a toast to your honor. In case you forgot, I live and work just a stones throw from the "gay capital of the world." A good percentage of folk that I've worked with in the last 15 years were partnered with folk of the same sex. Sadly, most were guys - cause gay chicks down here are so ****ing hot most of the time, like Elle McPherson hot... Watching the girls show public displays of affection is often a sight to behold. The guys... not so much :p ... and you think I don't get a good amount of **** for being English here in the US? I don't recall a week where I didn't get some barbed remark but instead of crying like a ***** I just come up with a witty comment to make them look like a ****. In future, since you're quite the fragile princess, I'll treat you with kid gloves. I used to think you were an OK guy, even after your 'announcement.' I'm just used to being around folks who are gay that aren't quite so butt hurt about such things. Maybe all those fat chicks you seemingly made fun of at will won't come back to ***** at you in a similar way...
I shouldn't have payed the cartoon. It's not like I'm happy with myself for that. But let it die. If you seriously want to compare ingrained societal homophobia to being a Brit in America I fear this conversation ideas lost before it ever started.

oqMJ79V.jpg

Originally Posted by Jono L

I shouldn't have payed the cartoon. It's not like I'm happy with myself for that. But let it die.

If you seriously want to compare ingrained societal homophobia to being a Brit in America I fear this conversation ideas lost before it ever started.
The cartoon was gold. Don't you ever forget that. No matter your personal choices then or since. I for example stopped riding my fixie about then, not because it was ghey, but because it was too Mhuslim hipsterish. I could tell the fad was gonna lead to beheadings and ****. You've nothing to apologise for. You have a life to get comfortable with.
Oh and by the way it's important that you learn that suits fit differently to your old lycra. Suits don't stretch as much, and can cause a previously unencountered uncomfortable constriction. Which can lead to crankiness.
Also, sure, Swamps is obviously a right wing tetchy fellow, who ****les close to the bone, aggresively, but also perhaps has a few redeeming features. Such as putting up with our **** for years. He's an outsider. Just like you're learning to be.
We're all cnuts deep down I'm sure.

I
swampy1970 said:
Double standards when it suits.
Exactly. The TAN is about double standards. It's about being as un-PC, offensive and generally horrid as you please. If anyone carries it too far, they get a quick reprieve. Most people tend to know if they've gone too far, and have a strong grasp of contrition.

Originally Posted by bbp

Yeah that's about 100m from me. I'll ask my old supercharged Elise owning next door neighbour. He'll know.
He is very Sydney Lotus, dealership even, but didn't know. But he agreed it was too expensive, especially for a clone.
Depends on that engine but.

Originally Posted by bbp
Yeah but the article says it's just a clone. And I don't remember that Twin Cam badge on the lid. Not worth the money.
In total 4710 Type 74's were produced of which 3130 were "Specials". There is zero difference between a Twincam and JPS and I understand that is reflected in their prices. This one has the more desirable big valve motor.

I far prefer the looks of the white series 2 though. It has a little Renault motor. Less power but a much lighter engine.

Originally Posted by bbp
And Mhuslim Cnut is officially copyrighted now *****es.
As is Chhristian Cnut.
**** all those godbothering cnuts who deserved to be but pawns, and yet somehow become queens, in the ruining of my defense of personal privacy actually.
I can but shake my head.