The Thread about Nothing....

Good interview. Vadar may jizz over some of the stuff Andrew's says about race photography. I did. I was saying some of that **** on here 7 years ago

http://www.podiumcafe.com/book-corn...w-guy-andrews-greg-lemond-yellow-jersey-racer

The book is great BTW

Its really hard. People put a lot of effort into living. But you still have an obligation to humanity to turn around and say to most people '****ing stop doing that thing its ****ing woeful'.

Ofcourse, we never do that. Instead we encourage them to keep going in the forlorn hope they will turn a corner.

For any given Banksy there are a billion Mr Brainwash.

Last edited:
Vadar crapped on ages ago that we live in an epoch where everyone thinks they're an expert. Time, effort, study, experience, honing your craft....it counts for nothing in this day and age. 'I read it on the internet. I'm a guru now'. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Watch MKR and see some of the mong contestants back chatting blokes who've been cooking professionally 10 hours a day 6 days a week for 30 years. People who've been riding a road bike for a year arguing with old pros about bunch etiquette, race tactics or how to set up a position on their bikes. Dipshits who failed year 10 writing into the paper about climate change. It hurts my brain.

Its really hard. People put a lot of effort into living. But you still have an obligation to humanity to turn around and say to most people '****ing stop doing that thing its ****ing woeful'.

Ofcourse, we never do that. Instead we encourage them to keep going in the forlorn hope they will turn a corner.

For any given Banksy there are a billion Mr Brainwash.

U liked the interview?

And have u checked out that book?

Vadar crapped on ages ago that we live in an epoch where everyone thinks they're an expert. Time, effort, study, experience, honing your craft....it counts for nothing in this day and age. 'I read it on the internet. I'm a guru now'. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Watch MKR and see some of the mong contestants back chatting blokes who've been cooking professionally 10 hours a day 6 days a week for 30 years. People who've been riding a road bike for a year arguing with old pros about bunch etiquette, race tactics or how to set up a position on their bikes. Dipshits who failed year 10 writing into the paper about climate change. It hurts my brain.
Well thank God we have intelligent and objective political leaders. The brave and the outspoken... like Pauline. Someone with the fortitude, for example, to take a stand against vaccination and the state sponsored bullying that goes with it.

FWIW, Hanson is a complete dipshit and ignoramus who wears that ignorance like a badge of honor. Depending on the state you live in, between 5 and 12% of the population think she has some sort of solution to all the ills of the country. This is a very sad reflection on the education standards in this country and the intelligence of some voters. How anyone that ****ing stupid got elected concerns me greatly.

FWIW, Hanson is a complete dipshit and ignoramus who wears that ignorance like a badge of honor. Depending on the state you live in, between 5 and 12% of the population think she has some sort of solution to all the ills of the country. This is a very sad reflection on the education standards in this country and the intelligence of some voters. How anyone that ****ing stupid got elected concerns me greatly.
Well I think it's a reflection of how appalling, how lacking in conviction, how totally bereft of vision the current mainstream leaders are. People aren't stupid. Not entirely. They're just weary. Weary of the lies, the vacillation, the duplicitous treachery, the self interest, the total lack of forethought.

Well I think it's a reflection of how appalling, how lacking in conviction, how totally bereft of vision the current mainstream leaders are. People aren't stupid. Not entirely. They're just weary. Weary of the lies, the vacillation, the duplicitous treachery, the self interest, the total lack of forethought.

They arent bereft of vision. Spend some time with many of them and they have the capacity for a tremendous amount of vision. And people are incredibly stupid, narrow minded and generally clueless about almost everything that surrounds them.

Leaders play the game. Its a short term rollercoaster. They are generally savvy enough to know that long term vision gets punished politically and rarely carries them to victory.

The last standing Prime Minister to truly risk bringing vision to the table was Keating with his attempt to pivot the geopolitical stance of the nation towards Asia. Had we fundamentally embraced that as a society we would have made much deeper penetrations into the Chinese domestic markets, yielded better supply arrangements to the Chinese industrial complex and seen much more robust/sustainable growth in our tourist sectors. Ironically it (connectedness to eastern cultural expansion) would have raised the value of the Aust contribution to the Aus/UK/US/Canada alliance and strengthened our position with those traditional allies.

Howard destroyed him by understanding that the general public is incredibly stupid, rarely capable of supporting visionary direction and inherently self obsessed.

The current tossing in and out of govts in Australia is a reflection of the fact middle class Australia is still pining for the easy handouts of the previous decade not a reflection of their hunger for true political vision.

U liked the interview?

And have u checked out that book?

Yes and no.

They arent bereft of vision. Spend some time with many of them and they have the capacity for a tremendous amount of vision. And people are incredibly stupid, narrow minded and generally clueless about almost everything that surrounds them.

Leaders play the game. Its a short term rollercoaster. They are generally savvy enough to know that long term vision gets punished politically and rarely carries them to victory.

The last standing Prime Minister to truly risk bringing vision to the table was Keating with his attempt to pivot the geopolitical stance of the nation towards Asia. Had we fundamentally embraced that as a society we would have made much deeper penetrations into the Chinese domestic markets, yielded better supply arrangements to the Chinese industrial complex and seen much more robust/sustainable growth in our tourist sectors. Ironically it (connectedness to eastern cultural expansion) would have raised the value of the Aust contribution to the Aus/UK/US/Canada alliance and strengthened our position with those traditional allies.

Howard destroyed him by understanding that the general public is incredibly stupid, rarely capable of supporting visionary direction and inherently self obsessed.

The current tossing in and out of govts in Australia is a reflection of the fact middle class Australia is still pining for the easy handouts of the previous decade not a reflection of their hunger for true political vision.

Yes and no.
Nicely said.
Cnut.

I said "people aren't stupid", but hey, I've been wrong before...

bDVZYeC.jpg

Funny because babies under six weeks of age are usually more floppy than ones over six weeks of age.

I had a girlfriend who wore her undies backwards to work once. She was worried her **** got fat overnight