The Thread about Nothing....

There were lots of jobs you could do when you were a kid that got you ciggy money. I used to do the round with the milkman - horse and cart.... we would run alongside the cart and grab the deliveries and the milkman would control the horse with whistles. I was a delivery boy for a chemist and I also did a paper round for years. We used to sling a hessian sack on either side of the top tube. I reckon that built my sprint muscles, especially on a Saturday with the Age classifieds. Our fastest delivery boy was Martin Vinnicombe.

But now, the nanny state doesn't allow that kind of child exploitation (which we loved).

**** the nanny state.

I get the feeling Classo, old mate, that you've missed the essence of a Violet Crumble. Something about it makes me think it's going to end up smashed anyway, maybe in the name?

But on checkout staff, yes a large variable I'm afraid. Boys will usually put your toothbrush in with the bag of chicken boobs, which will be punctured by the corner of a box of crackers, leaking throughout. Your pork sausages will be packed in with fruit and toilet paper, making a lovely sensation when you go scrambling for a new date roll a week or more later.

But I so love the idea of stacking eggs carefully in the bottom of a bag, just as they've been told, to be accompanied by a couple of tins of tuna chucked on top, with stone fruit flicked in to cap off the new taste sensation,

Idiots.

The girls usually have a much better idea, I try to find a more mature one, I'm too old to be flirting with teenagers in trainer bras nowadays.

In truth I was too old when I started doing that, but I digress.......

Self serve isn't without its own pitfalls, but it has large pluses too.

Reactions: paulambry
You are being complicit in your own disappointment there, Classo. You should keep your chocky bar back at the end of the line of groceries (even keep your hand over it) so that it is the last thing to go into the bag and hence is less likely to be crushed.

Forget self serve checkouts, they need to bring back the bag packer. Remember those?

I am not complicit. I had them as the last items on the conveyor. Even after the bread. Useless checkout moll

There were lots of jobs you could do when you were a kid that got you ciggy money. I used to do the round with the milkman - horse and cart.... we would run alongside the cart and grab the deliveries and the milkman would control the horse with whistles. I was a delivery boy for a chemist and I also did a paper round for years. We used to sling a hessian sack on either side of the top tube. I reckon that built my sprint muscles, especially on a Saturday with the Age classifieds. Our fastest delivery boy was Martin Vinnicombe.

But now, the nanny state doesn't allow that kind of child exploitation (which we loved).

**** the nanny state.
Ha! My pop was milkman in morwell for years, driving a horse and cart

I am not complicit. I had them as the last items on the conveyor. Even after the bread. Useless checkout moll

It must have been your attitude - you didn't try and charm her with your winning ways did you? :p

You know what I hate? Checkout chicks. They can get ****ed. And to think I used to rant about the introduction of self serve check outs and how they put checkout chicks out of jobs. I've changed my tune. They are great. Here's why.

When I go to the supermarket sometimes i will grab a peppermint crisp or violet crumble. This can be a frustrating experience, as often I have to go through THE WHOLE ****ING BOX to find one that isnt broken. Fair dinkum, the **** shelf stackers must chuck them on the shelf from 20 feet away. Anyway, I digress. After eventually finding a peppermint crisp or violet crumble in one piece, I go to the checkout with my lolly and all my other ****, only to have the checkout moll CHUCK MY CHOCKY BAR in the bag, instead of gently placing it in there like its a faberge egg. Or the dumb molls will stack the milk, three bricks and a cinder block on them. Then I go home all excited to eat it only to find its totally smashed up in the wrapper, creating huge disappointment after going to all that effort to find an unbroken one. If I wanted a designed to be pre-broken Flake bar I'd buy one. Pricks of things they are btw. What spaz designed that shitcunt chocolate bar?

So get ****ed checkout chicks. I'm using the self serve from now on and you'll be out of jobs and dealing with Centrelink before you know it. All because you are careless insensitive clumsy stupid molls.

Amen.

**** you dont know you are alive. Try Coles 'lucky dip' online home delivery service.

The wrong products delivered later than expected in handy crushed/flattened format.

Give me a ****ty checkout chick anyday.

Horrible old boilers rather than ****ty checkout chicks seems to be the norm at the local Coles

Farmers markets are teh ghey. Except when they have a dumpling van or venison burgers

There are more important issues though. Like 'what is the most shot chocolate bar'?

Some nominees.
Flake. Chocky that falls apart on to the floor.
Mars Bar. Sickly.
Twix. Tastes like ****.

My vote is Twix. Those things are vile.

If you are ever in Port Melbourne on the 3rd Saturday of the month, check out Gasworks Farmer's Market. Not only do they have dumplings (and a good coffee van), but there is a good variety of produce on sale. It used to be my local market and I went every month.

I can't stand milk chocolate, so they all get my vote.

Farmers markets are teh ghey. Except when they have a dumpling van or venison burgers

There are more important issues though. Like 'what is the most shot chocolate bar'?

Some nominees.
Flake. Chocky that falls apart on to the floor.
Mars Bar. Sickly.
Twix. Tastes like ****.

My vote is Twix. Those things are vile.

Hazzzzzzz to be the wagon wheel. What a complete pile of **** and shitful excuse for a lollie. Only good thing was the ad for it.

Dear paleo Pete Evans,

Perhaps your devotion to fad diets would be more credible if your equally fad diet devoted missus didn't have more silicone in her tits than the selleys factory, or more botulism in her face than the local Star of India restaurant.

Kind Regards

classic1

images

PS. Put your shirt on and have a shave, you tool

God only knows what she's done to her lips, but they look seriously weird. Mind you the whole face effect is seriously weird. As for him, he always has the look of somebody who's had a cattle prod shoved up their ****.

Just got off the phone to beepers and WE'VE HAD ENOUGH AND WE'RE GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

We are starting a new political party. Australians Bettering Our Society. ABOS for short. Who wants in? Vote 1 ABOS.

What do we want? ABOS. When do we want them? Now!