The Thread about Nothing....

A hard rain's gonna fall

We're all set for flooding and possible evacuation when ex-cyclone Cook comes ashore in a few hours. And that a week after Edgecumbe (100km away) flooded last week when flood banks failed in last week's one in 500 years storm.

Where's Noah with his feckin ark when you need him?

Reactions: paulambry
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/YQ0naZ4daf0

So we're playing a bunch of old records I found covered in **** many years ago. Turns out they were Abe Saffron's. From back in the day. He was obviously pretty cool back in the day because all of these 60s records are amazing.
Even my new 27yo English flatmate thinks so. And she's never heard nearly any of it before.

Alright so back to the Abe Saffron records I stole, no rescued from 30 years of neglect, and a whole lot of poo. And yes, my reputation as a tradesman who will go through your kitchen and bathroom cabinets in the process of getting **** fixed, often when you're not there, I have to have exceptional ethics to survive, and I do,now, and yet yes I stole some properly liquid **** covered neglected for 30 years 45's from a basement in Vaucluse which I crawled through **** for while clearing a blocked drain many years ago. And it was a proper 60s/70s Vaulcause mansion with period bathrooms to die for. It was all gold. Except for the fact it was all ****ed. And blocked to hell by 2002 or whenever I had to crawl under those floors.I saved those records. And I'm not a thief. Normally.

And this is another one of them. They're all ****ing gold. I wish I'd stolen all of them now. I chose a couple of dozen singles I knew, and took them home and washed the **** off em, but to be honest I right now wish I'd taken the lot. Because some of those songs, and bands that I'd never even heard of were amongst the best. And I haven't looked lately , but I'd imagine that whole 60s palace has been torn down by now. I just hope the other 2/3rds of the **** covered single collection didn't get sent to the tip.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/POJXwMAn4wI

I'd never heard this one before.But I have it on vinyl.

Last edited:
Well it wasn't as bad as advertised. Less rain and the system came ashore further east from us and we copped less wind than we might have. The in laws are still without power this morning though

You need to watch the Rick James and Prince chapelle show episodes. **** funny.

DPF

Clifton James, 96. Sheriff JW Pepper in Live and Let Die and The Man With the Golden Gun. Was in Cool Hand Luke as well.

Beepers. For stealing off notorious Sydney crime lords.

Swampy- got all of Dads International Cycle Sport mags. 1968 to 1984. We think only 4 or 5 are missing.

He's got a filing cabinets worth of cycling weeklys he wants to sell. Dunno how we'll go with that. Early 60's up until about 2000 I think. There's years gaps though, he loaned a heap out and never saw them again.