The Thread about Nothing....

I spoke to a lot of people on the the phone tonight.
Primarily because I'm spreading Phil's ashes from Dogface at about 4.30pm Saturday. Bonfire and bbq at the lookout near the locked gate on Narrowneck Peninsula. And you're all invited.

I'm also happy that in that cluster of phone calls I called my father. And told him that there was a five year period in my puberty where I dreamt of actual revenge again him. I wanted to break his ****ing nose. Because he was a **** disciplinarian.
And he's still ****ing clued in enough to say tonight If you'd ever tried I would've dropped you.

He was hardcore military but by his Joho years he refused to teach me to fight. And also to defend my stupid self. I was the schoolboy whipping boy for far too many years. I don't think he ever realised what his pacifism did to me day to day.
But he was also a proper **** disciplinarian over and above that. And when he said tonight 'that's why you're not part of my family anymore' I said I love you because you're the only father I'll ever have. But by God I want to break your ****ing nose.

2017 TAN Dead Pool
Matagi
- Phil the Greek, Bob Hawke, Kirk Douglas
classic1 - Billy Graham, Paul Gascoigne, Glen Campbell
paul - Michael Schumacher, Robert Mugabe, Johnny Depp [David Rockefeller]
Wilchemy - HRH Queen Lizzie, Bert Newton, Michael Parkinson
62vette - Jimmy Carter, Betty White, Hugh Hefner
Steve - Peter Carrington, King Michael of Romania, Ben Cousins
HH - Diane Feinstein, Sir Frank Williams, Rolf Harris [John Howard]
roshea - Clive James, John Glenn, James Hird
lama - Molly Meldrum, Donald Trump, Geoffrey Edelsten
Swampy - Hillary Clinton, HRH Prince Phillip, Charles Manson
bbp - Donald Trump

Early congratulations Ma on the death of HRH and comedy genius Phil the Greek.

The old fool has apparently fallen off the perch

Popped back here to check on this. Who had him? Tags and Swampy. Wilch may still have a chance with the Lizzie call.

My Molly prediction is still looking good based on his Logies showing. Crikey.

The rumour mill is saying the rumour of a Royal demise is probably wrong. We await developments with interest.

A failed deadpool fail. Oh well.

Reports are that he's retiring. I'm not sure he's done a proper days work since at least 1953. By my estimation that announcement is 64 years late.

I've been following your videoblogarythm, Lama - Great work!
I'm now based in Kuala Lumpur. Winter here, too...Oh, no, it was just I left the fridge door open.

The only interesting bike-related experience I've had lately was out at 3:30am, I was sitting up with both hands in the back pockets of my jersey, when I snapped the seat bolt and went over backwards, managing something of a wedgie on the back tyre before hitting the deck, wondering what the Confucius had happened.
Fortunately, I only had a 1km walk of shame back to my apartment, and the timing ensured no paparazzi coverage.
With this icecream scoop being the last post standing, a cheek-widening GP4000 was definitely the preferred involuntary path, not that I had much say in the matter...
C001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Epic crash story Eoin! Highly worthy return post to the TAN.
Glad the damage to self was minimal too.

Chur - It wasn't the reason for the return, but it's always good to make some small-talk when you turn up late to the party.
I'm happy to see y'all rockin' on.

TAN 2014 Dead Pool (3 picks max as instigated by the supreme overlord of the TAN; Ma.)

matagi - Phil the Greek, Bob Hawke
Helmet Hair - Hamid Karzai, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gough Whitlam
62vette- Bert Newton, Matthew Newton, Jimmy Carter
JonoL - Michael Schumacher, Silvio Berlusconi, Hein Verbruggen
roshea - Stephen Hawking, Zsa Zsa Gabor (been on her since 2011, not giving up now!), Lou Richards
Lama - Burt Newton, Liza Minnelli, Molly Meldrum.
Paul - Malcolm Fraser, Robert Mugabe, B B King

Swamprat - Zsa Zsa Gabor, Lemmy, Rolf Harris
Wilchemy - Rolf Harris, Bob Jane, Clive James
classic1 - Ariel Sharon, Olivia de Havilland, Fidel Castro

There it is.....