The Thread about Nothing....

Thanks BBP, LOVE PJ!

I wish I could link to a great live version of Oh My Lover, but it seems not to exist. Instead:

(skip to ~ 48 seconds to get rid of her introducing the band, unless you're into that sort of thing)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry for the late notice, but there was a TAN offline meeting on Saturday night at the Blackburn South Woolies. Hi Wilchemy!

Though while we're at it (and some port has been consumed ...) - Nick Cave % the Bad Seeds at Glastonbury. Killer song, and A+ for audience participation.

Hi roshea! It's a sad thing realising I've reached a point when going out on Sat night means a trip to the supermarket :D

Great timing with the tunes too... I've just got home from a school music concert and some of the acts hurt my ears. (Guitar ensembles should all tune to the same note - it's not hard!)

Now I can cleanse them.

PJ Harvey. Big talent

A chick from work (who's nuts and sadly had a massive breakdown) was waaaay into PJ Harvey. She made her a dress and gave it to her after a gig in Melbourne. It even weirded me out, and I wasn't there.

How's your mate pulling up Classo?
My French flat mate got home a bit flustered and bloodied last night. He bike commutes to work each day, worked late last night, and riding home, lights on, pulled up and stopped at a red light in darlinghurst and somehow some knob in car hits him from behind then runs the red and disappeared before he could get up and get the license plate.
He's lucky he got hit in the leg and knocked sideways as opposed to run over I guess. Just a bloody knee and hand and a bruised other leg. No witnesses. No fun.

Cnuts.

He finds out end of next week if his arm needs a rod. Still a bit sore. He's ****ing spewing, the bike shop found a crack in the chainstay of his bike. I should have seen it but only spent a couple of minutes checking it out. Hopefully he gets a new frame or even a bike out of insurance.

So the context for that is yes I have a French bloke flatmate, but also a lovely 20something English girl flatmate.
And she invited her mum to our house tonight, which is special, because mothers don't do intercontintental travel as much as they should. But her's did, and I lit my fire, and I was a ****ing wonderful ****ing host.
And she said I looked just like her ex, or more nominally my flatmate's father, which I thought was a bit rough.
But we were all together at home, and it was nice.
Bobby McGee can go **** himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: roshea
Don't forget some New Zealanders and an Australian beat some Australians and a couple of Americans in a combo cycle/yacht race in Bermuda

Nick Cave was awesome at a Big Day Out in Auckland many years ago. The crowd seemed to change from dancing teens to full goth black out in just a few minutes between acts. I was wondering where the **** all of the goths had been hiding, but maybe the normal crowd all just went to the dunnies and put on their white makeup and black eyeliner together

I've seen Nick Cave quite a few times now and I reckon his most recent show at the Myer Music Bowl in January this year was one of his best.

Rev up your boner lama. Three weeks of your fantasy woman Bridie O'Donnell on the Colonial First State ads