The Thread about Nothing....

I love the way SBS grab rubert guiness on his way home from a big night out and interview him for his insightful views. Fairfax's finest. Its a low bar.

They were gonna interview Clementine Ford but she was too busy writing a diatribe about podium girls or cisgendering or something

Today's rant is called 'why do experienced pro cyclists get the fundamentals wrong?'

Edvald Boasson Hagen-Daas cookie and cream flavoured ice cream is supposed to be an experienced professional cyclist. If that is the case, why the **** did the deadshit drift away from the barriers on that last gradual right hand bend last night and allow Kittel to pop underneath and pip him for the win?

All the dopey big ******* had to do was step in to Kristoff a little then hug the barrier to stop anyone coming underneath. Der. **** me these blokes give me a sore head. Are Norwegian people retarded or something? These dickheads need to go and race track so they learn tactics. If I dug up Peter Post his corpse would come to life and would chuck rocks at these clowns.

Why was that **** truck Roche up the road chasing a stage win? Selfish, stupid, pointless waste of energy. BMC are dumb

Why was that **** truck Roche up the road chasing a stage win? Selfish, stupid, pointless waste of energy. BMC are dumb

Totally agree. But when have BMC ever had a single purpose and delivered on it. I suspect they have always signed blokes by promising them the world and then struggled to meet everyones needs.

Maybe it never came to pass in negotiations but I just thought Chaves could have riden for Porte for 2 years at Orica and that could have worked well. I do wonder what offers were on the table for Porte when he chose to leave Sky.

I feel some seriously stupid stuff coming on from BMC tonight, Porte to be isolated, Porte to have a minor meltdown post race and I expect him to be out of GC contention before we even hit the last week.

Hopefully I am completely wrong.

The old man called it during the dauphine that Porte would crash on the descent of the Mont du Chat in the Tour. Good call dad! Well, sort of. We all hope he's alright and that. OK. ***** of a thing to say. You suck dad.

Reactions: paulambry
Gabriel Gate has close to the best job in the world. Apparently it takes 7 months to do taste le tour. **** farting around France scoffing ace food and necking grouse **** sounds good to me.

This is ace
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Julie Andrews singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" on Rage! :eek:

WTF? Have I stepped into a parallel universe?

Hey Classo, just read an interview with Ritchie Porte where he says he didn't have any problems with descending the Mont du Chat in the Dauphine and the reason he crashed in the Tour was because his rear brake locked up. So what was it about Porte's descent of the Mont du Chat in the Dauphine that lead your dad to predict he would crash in the Tour?

Hey Classo, just read an interview with Ritchie Porte where he says he didn't have any problems with descending the Mont du Chat in the Dauphine and the reason he crashed in the Tour was because his rear brake locked up. So what was it about Porte's descent of the Mont du Chat in the Dauphine that lead your dad to predict he would crash in the Tour?

Porte never looked comfortable (which is subjective), and he was clearly having trouble holding froome's or the other riders wheels (objective). If he is saying he never had any problem in the Dauphine, how does he explain that?

Once a triathlete always a triathlete imo.

Massif Central stages for the win.
I initially looked at the course thinking it was a bit soft, both mountains and TT wise, but looking a few stages ahead as it hit the Pyrenees I realised the last couple of days were likely to still be crucial in their own right. And *********** they were. Best couple of days so far. It's weird how the race itself can make up for any perceived lack of mountaintop finishes. I first thought Sagan getting booted was gonna make it humdrum with so many intermediate stages, but it's been a furious GC race day by day, whether it's because Froome seems slightly more vulnerable than usual, or because Landa looks better, or even the Frenchies going hammer and tongs. Dare I say it, it looks real, cleaner?
And it's such a beautiful area. Stunning.
And go Dan Martin. And Landa. But they all look like they're gonna hit the Alps at breaking point. Good stuff.

Great win by Matthews. Sunweb are smashing it. I wonder if orica are kicking themselves for letting Matthews go and keeping Gerrans, or at least not putting Gerrans in his place? Word is Gerrans and Matthews do not get on. Orica clearly backed the wrong horse, Gerro getting past it due to age.

Not sure what John Dickholeblob was whinging about. You could have driven a Kenworth through that gap. Maybe he is full of self hate for being such a *****?

Shame Dan Martin lost time. I like him. He's been crook apparently. He's a way better bike rider than his dumb, **** truck, overpaid cousin.

The tour finally turned into a good race the last few days. The first two weeks were processional and boring.

I see fools on the interwebs are still sooking about Sagan.

Shame George Bennett got crook and had to pull out. He had the potential to get back into the top 10 in the ITT.

Marcel Kittell ist der bomb