The Thread about Nothing....

DPF Robert Hardy. Died at 91.

I was, and still am, a massif fan of All Creatures Great And Small etc. I just finished listening to the whole series of books written by James Herriot. All read flawlessly by Christopher Timothy who played the young vet in the telly series.

Siegfried.

My mum loved those books and the show. It used to gross me out how they'd stick their arm, armpit deep, up a cows vag

Love a bit of You am I, Mr Rogers is really very special.

I've mentioned elsewhere, but I was really sad to hear about the passing of Tony Cohen. I think around 10% of the albums I own have his mark on them, via engineering, production, playing or adding the odd vocal - lots of AUS stuff from the 80s and 90s in my collection!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Siegfried.

My mum loved those books and the show. It used to gross me out how they'd stick their arm, armpit deep, up a cows vag
Yeah, lols.

Funny, when you read the books as an adult, you realise that they were all massif boozers, especially Siegrfied and Tristan, that they drove everywhere ****** as crickets and that Siegried was an incorrigible womaniser who codified his dalliances as "off visiting his mother"... a dedicated son indeed.

I only read them as as adult out of nostalgia - my mum loved the series too. But was pleasantly surprised to discover what a master story teller James Herriot was.

Whilst I have never inserted my arm up a cow's private parts, I love vet examination gloves - they are really useful when you have to clean something disgusting like a lab sink.

Anybody watched Icarus on Netflix?
icarus.jpg

Well the only truth I was referring to was the rather obvious one that the documentary meandered along, for far too long, suffering at numerous points from the old 'quick our plot isn't supporting itself add morrr edgy production music to build some artificial drama' chestnut.

IMO there should have been more scenes of the Russian losing the plot and living it up in LA snorting coke off hookers and other such debauchery - he seemed quite legitimately capable of such things and it surely would have been more entertaining than listening to **** pound grandstanding on the lack of morality of the Russians.

If you are looking for an origin of a conspiracy behind the conspiracy <start eerie moody music here> well I guess you could take some time to read extensively on Bretton Woods. That is ofcourse drawing the long bow but it feeds a lot of narratives <amplify edgy music now as this is some boring **** ****> around why we are where we have found ourselves to be on many matters relating to the lack of effective international relations led by associated institutions.

Oh, indeed. And I would give a prelude to that with a biography of T. E. Lawrance and the god-damned Sykes-Picot agreement and all that flowed from the betrayal of all the non-colonial powers in the Middle East, perpetrated in principal by the French and Great Britain. The political and the economic - bookends to the story of where we are today.

But yeah, the doco was pretty odd. I still don't get what Fogel was really trying to achieve. Looked like a bit of imitation gonzo journalism to me, tainted by an ulterior motive simply to smash cnuts by doping.

That is unbelievable. Actually, yes it is believable. This is tennis we are talking about. Cover ups and ostrich impersonations are the norm.

But yeah, the doco was pretty odd. I still don't get what Fogel was really trying to achieve. Looked like a bit of imitation gonzo journalism to me, tainted by an ulterior motive simply to smash cnuts by doping.

lolz. Yeah that is how I saw it too.

That is unbelievable. Actually, yes it is believable. This is tennis we are talking about. Cover ups and ostrich impersonations are the norm.

Kimmage had a bit to say about tennis, with links to Puerto etc. But you're right about heads in the sand (at least historically, I haven't chased it up recently) - there isn't normally a lot of testing, 1/7 of the amount in cycling and very little out of competition testing. If you don't test the players, you don't have drug cheats - nice!

OOCtesting2008-2010.jpg