The Thread about Nothing....

Damn dude, you forget to take the midol or you just becoming a more ornery the older you get?

Since you're in grumpy ******* mode, here's some new fangled tech to ***** about.

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/ceramicspeed-driven-drive-shaft-52587/

Menchov was a spaz too. Stacked in a giro to on a straight bit of road. Froome better descender, but their general skills are ****.

As for your lame comment about climbing faster, I might be a fat **** now, but you don't know me. I'm pretty sure you've never had any national pro road champions yo-yoing on the wheel during a hilly race one and two weeks out from the Melb to warnambool and Sun Tour respectively. As a 16yo.

Nice dig by Luke Rowe this morning wondering whether any of the Katusha guys would be pushing them into the weeds again. Katusha decided to rag on Dimension Data instead, taking down one of their riders with a dropped musette...

Reactions: steve
Damn dude, you forget to take the midol or you just becoming a more ornery the older you get?

Since you're in grumpy ******* mode, here's some new fangled tech to ***** about.

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/article/ceramicspeed-driven-drive-shaft-52587/
Nice to have you back Swampy... in your usual provocative mode.

Me likey that setup. Looks godawful. But promising. Be easy to change a back wheel I'd imagine.

I reckon it'd wear a lot better too, 'cos the cogs aren't suffering from the chain stretching.

Geez it looks awful alien though.

Crashed yesterday fellas. Skin of knees, hip, shoulders, chest, elbow and face. Was entered to race tuesday and wednesday, def give tomorrow a miss, will make up my mind about wednesday after training tomorrow.

My elbow that's full of titanium took a big hit, thankfully it's fine.

This looks like an alright game;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXk5SARwYI0

Sorry to hear about your crash, Steve. Was it a racing incident?

Hope you recover quick.

Sorry to hear about your crash, Steve. Was it a racing incident?

Hope you recover quick.

Yeah nah - i was riding to a race, pretty random really. Basically face planted the road at speed :D Felt ok on the bike today, should be pretty right wednesday.

The Burns Novick account of the Vietnam War on Netflix is utterly captivating and a visual masterpiece. You will hard pressed to find anything comparative in its completeness of the emotional toll of that engagement.

Fark. Matthews crook and out of the Tour.

Lol at Dumoulin. He has an Aussie accent

The Burns Novick account of the Vietnam War on Netflix is utterly captivating and a visual masterpiece. You will hard pressed to find anything comparative in its completeness of the emotional toll of that engagement.
I dunno about that. Knowing blokes who were there would beat it.

Once upon a time I ate a dodgy Banh mi. I'd be hard pressed to find anything comparative in its completeness of the physical toll of that engagement

Last edited:
Reactions: paulambry
Have you read Michael Herr's Despatches Vadar?

I'm listening to Dan Carlins wrath of the Khans podcast driving to and from work at the moment. It's ace. Subatai must have been amazing. Won 90 something battles. Lost none. Decimated Eastern Europe with a 'scouting party' of 25,000 men, maybe as few as 15,000.

Got his WW1 podcast lined up next. It's like friggin 12 hours though.

What it achieves is totality of the graft from virtually every angle. It is quite honestly as close to a complete account as you will find from a visual narrative perspective.

One man’s view of the war is heartbreaking to be sure but devoid of any true sense of context. Its crucial for more people to see all aspects of conflict - else we reduce ourselves to such nonsense as we see today with the Anzac psychosis that devours this nation.

Have you read Michael Herr's Despatches Vadar?

I'm listening to Dan Carlins wrath of the Khans podcast driving to and from work at the moment. It's ace. Subatai must have been amazing. Won 90 something battles. Lost none. Decimated Eastern Europe with a 'scouting party' of 25,000 men, maybe as few as 15,000.

Got his WW1 podcast lined up next. It's like friggin 12 hours though.

Im generally not into war fiction. But having said that I have had intentions to read it on a number of occasions but something else has always taken precedence.

Dan Martin. I like him. Besides his toughness, when he attacks HE MAKES IT COUNT!

Richie Porte tends to fluff around and do little ***** attacks. Except on Willunga Hill. He's a diesel. Dunno if he is explosive enough to smash them like Martin.

Reactions: paulambry
Dan Martin. I like him. Besides his toughness, when he attacks HE MAKES IT COUNT!

Richie Porte tends to fluff around and do little ***** attacks. Except on Willunga Hill. He's a diesel. Dunno if he is explosive enough to smash them like Martin.

According to Porte himself it would appear he isn't explosive...

Porte quote from cyclingtips.com Tour update today: “I ended up getting stuck a bit on the front. There was not much I could do. I can’t really peel off because I don’t have much of a kick anyhow. I rode tempo then"

I really cant see how Porte can ever win a tour - I just dont see it. There is no mongrel in him and he doesnt have any street smarts on a bike either. He does dumb **** in the saddle on a far too regular basis IMO.

Evans had a better diesel, better punchy kick and even better tactical nouse which is quite frankly an embarrassment for Porte because lets face it Evans was highly emotionally unstable on the best of days.

He is one guy who I would say to ‘your power meter is banned - ride from the heart’.

Reactions: steve and classic1