The Thread about Nothing....

Two DPF's

Andreas Kappes, due to an allergic reaction to an insect bite apparently.

The other is Armand des la Cuevas, in an apparent suicide on Reunion where he lived for the last ten years.

Both very classy bike riders. Des la Cuevas in particular looked so classy on a bike. Very good win at San Sebastian and second to indurain in the 'extraterristrial' TT

DPF.

Jeff Hook. About three weeks ago. Didn't know.

He stayed at my Aunty and uncles holiday units years ago and did a cartoon for them. It's hung on the 'picture board' for years

Reactions: paulambry
Verb or adjective?
Yeah nah. Probably both at the time.
I suppose I haven't dated for 7 or 8 years since the fartographer came into my life. And that was often an arms length relationship, but at least we knew each other's quirks.
I recently gave it a go with new people and was surprised at how little trust and faith is out there.
Case in point, a lovely little few roots into a new possible relationship, after a month or so's gentle flirting, and then I go and put a spinning sharp no. 2 phillips head bit into my left ring finger on a roofing job a month ago. With a lot of Nm applied through the cordless. If the bone hadn't been in the way it would definitely have come out the other side, nearly did anyway. It was nasty. But the next day when over the counter pain meds weren't fighting off the heartbeat pulses from a red hot healing bone I added half a bottle of Scotch to knock myself out, which worked well, but in the unfamiliar with this process lately I got chatty. TAN posts to apologise for and lots of lizard brain phone calls I don't remember. Sorry.
I got no sympathy from yummy mummy. I suppose it didn't help that by the time she saw it a bandaid was enough coverage for social moments and it looked like a lowly office papercut? But it wasn't. And I had to get proper jobs done. Folded napkins over it, wrapped in duct tape made that possible, but not pleasant.
A few weeks of unrequited pain, and then a sober weekend where all I wanted was to spend the weekend at home and cook the perfect crackling roast, and I turn the oven on and go upstairs to put a jumper on. Coming back down I get the last step wrong and slip in my cheaparsed not actual angora ebay socks. And I'm coming down on my left side but my first instinct is to raise my left hand to protect the finger rather than down to save myself. So now I've got a bunch of cracked ribs to boot. And **** me, aren't I a cranky ****? **** knows how I'm gonna get **** done. I felt one crack worse last week when I tried working. At least teaching is survivable, although whiteboard action sucks the balls.
Oh, and she's got the balls to text 'are u ok' when a mate mentions it to her sat'dy night after two weeks of studied avoidance? **** off.

You had me grimacing with tale of your finger. Having mangled a couple of them myself I can completely sympathise. Also having multiple cracked ribs with the need to work playing on your mind must be very hard to deal with. How is your finger now?

Sympathy is an interesting thing. My wife certainly doesn't have any. I have a theory that all doctor have had their sympathy surgically removed in medical school. Last year I was bed bound for about a week feeling like death with a suspected case of the flu and my wife was cranky as hell with me for not helping around the house. It turned out that I actually had pneumonia and that I probably should have been in hospital. The point of this isn't that my wife doesn't love and care for me, it's that some people just can't do sympathy because it's just not in their makeup. This in turn makes them feel uncomfortable about themselves which in turn can see the rise of other forms of behaviour to mask those feelings.

My husband would probably swap places with you right now. He has just had his elbow reconstructed and is in a cast with 90 degree bend so his arm is basically useless.

I am fussing over him and wanting him to take it easy which is frustrating him no end. I'm sure he'd like a little less sympathy from me at the moment.

Lol at survivor. Vote the Asian out.

Sadly, no one wrote "**** off we're full", "Australia. Love it or leave it", or "go back to where you came from" on their ballots. Stand by your convictions people!

immigration museum.png

Reactions: steve and paulambry
Perhaps that was their understanding of "Australian" Survivor?

And did Brian Lake go directly to jail in Japan on his way home from Survivor?

Every week I get a Croatian feed on my way home from work Ma. I have a chat to the old boy there. ****ed if I know what he's saying half the time, but he came out here with his missus with the **** out of his pants and made a good go of it. Good on him.

How is your finger now?

Sympathy is an interesting thing. My wife certainly doesn't have any. I have a theory that all doctor have had their sympathy surgically removed in medical school. Last year I was bed bound for about a week feeling like death with a suspected case of the flu and my wife was cranky as hell with me for not helping around the house. It turned out that I actually had pneumonia and that I probably should have been in hospital. The point of this isn't that my wife doesn't love and care for me, it's that some people just can't do sympathy because it's just not in their makeup. This in turn makes them feel uncomfortable about themselves which in turn can see the rise of other forms of behaviour to mask those feelings.
Finger is healing beautifully. Still intolerant of any impact at all, nerve wise 5 weeks later, but I'm lucky I didn't tear tendons or ligaments properly. It's the least of my worries now.
Hmm, doctors. They and nurses and plumbers have **** in common. Literally. Get the ugly jobs done. Pragmatic. It's good. Onya Matagi for not being cold and calculating. It's why we love you. Much better than my doctor who tried to refuse me Panadeine Forte for busted ribs. My death stare convinced her to but. And 10 days later from rib whoops, and nearly 5 weeks straight of proper pain, I've turned a corner and don't feel the desire to kill and destroy anymore in the last day or two, which is good for everyone.
Best wishes to P Tags.

Last edited:
And that last post might be easily misconstrued. After teaching tonight I went to the pub. A good pub. With locals. Abos.
And I got hugs, which hurt. But my point is I have more in common with Abos than Christians and Jews. Because they are generally powermongering white ****s. Who even I as a knockabout, but not right now cause I'm wounded, Aussie want to **** off from their assumed righteous positions of power.

And this is a feelgood story, and I respect their life choices, and don't want to rain on their parade,
https://www.domain.com.au/living/th...tured-masthead&utm_source=smh&utm_medium=link
but that caravan looks exactly like one of the cheap Chinese ones I got asked to put a Compliance plate on a few years ago here.
None of the plumbing remotely Au Watermarked or compliant. Meh.
Worse- the dodgiest gas pipework and materials and even the LP Gas burner rings handmade and oddly drilled, all really substandard materials, of course not ALPGA certified, not even close if you tried. Just no chance I was gonna put my license no. anywhere near that ****. I felt sorry for the foolish bastards who'd wasted my two hours checking their's out after they'd naively imported it and didn't even bother to bill them; but either someone's replaced every item in this couple's cute imported caravan or it's still a deathtrap waiting for someone to blame. If it really is the same trailer I can't believe even that ever got a roadworthy certificate in any state either.

Last edited:
My husband would probably swap places with you right now. He has just had his elbow reconstructed and is in a cast with 90 degree bend so his arm is basically useless.

I am fussing over him and wanting him to take it easy which is frustrating him no end. I'm sure he'd like a little less sympathy from me at the moment.

I hope it's not his dominant arm.