The Thread about Nothing....

DPF - Tony Joe White, 75 years old

The hand is coming on, I am about 10 degrees away from making a proper fist. Stretching scar tissue is no easy thing. It's good enough to be back out riding, but it's only been the last few weeks that my wrist hasn't hurt like a ****er while riding. Still waiting for the first reparation payment from the driver...

... The hand is coming on, I am about 10 degrees away from making a proper fist. Stretching scar tissue is no easy thing. It's good enough to be back out riding, but it's only been the last few weeks that my wrist hasn't hurt like a ****er while riding.
Glad to hear it Vette. And yeah, stretching out scar tissue is a hideous punishment. I feel ya.

... Still waiting for the first reparation payment from the driver...
You guys have a no-fault compensation system, don't you? As in, you don't need to run a common-law claim to be compensated?

Yeah, we have the Accident Compensation Corporation. As well as funding medical treatment for anything you can define as an accident, it means you can't sue for damages arising from one. So you lose a limb etc., there are defined services and compensation amounts you will receive or be eligible for. It's funded from levies on car registration, employers, some insurances and taxes.

For the most part it works well, but some cases can end up not meeting defined criteria and slipping through the cracks. For instance my sister has to do battle on occasion to get funding for things for her son who was brain injured in a car accident in 1990. The ongoing treatment for my hand is fully funded.

Reparation for this is basically the gap between what ACC covers in terms of lost income and my insurance excess for a new helmet, gloves, tights etc.

Reactions: paulambry
https://amp.theage.com.au/national/...0181029-p50cpr.html?__twitter_impression=true

I met this arrogant, stupid little peanut about 2008 or 2009. He worked for my dept as a government liaison officer or manager. What a jumped up twerp and ****** he was and still is.

He comes down with the regional commissioner who's an ace bloke and intellectually would run rings around nearly anyone I've ever met. Despite that, he's still NICE to people. The RC leave the twerp at reception. I'm nominally in charge of accommodation for the office, get dragged down to sort him out with a workspace and had never met the twerp before. I'd met a few of his predecessors, who all were friendly, approachable blokes. I go 'if you like Matthew we'll find you a desk or an office for the day and get you set up'. The bug-eyed **** ignores me. Dead set cold cuts me, and starts ****ing around on his phone. The security guard is sitting there and raises his eyebrows. My offsider Andrew is standing there and he raises his eyebrows. It was awkward as ****, so I left the silly ***** to sort himself out. Both Ken the guard and Andrew commented on what a rude **** he was afterwards.

Corrupt rezoning, lobsters with mafioso and was rude to classic1. Clearly he was brought up wrong and needs a good kick in the nuts.

Anyway, years later the RC said he was one of the biggest dickheads he ever had the misfortune to work with. Good judge of character if you ask me. He reckoned I was alright so there you go!

The moral of the story is vote 1 ALP at the state election . This public service announcement is authorised and sponsored by classic1

Last edited:
Yeah. Ace voice. I had a rant at God the other day. Why didn't he give me a decent singing voice? Farken robbed. Instead, all I got was looks that drive the girls mad with desire. Oh, and the gift of dance.

If they had religious instruction in schools when you were a kiddy maybe you wouldn't rant at god so much.

Reactions: paulambry
Glad to hear it Vette. And yeah, stretching out scar tissue is a hideous punishment. I feel ya.

You guys have a no-fault compensation system, don't you? As in, you don't need to run a common-law claim to be compensated?
Yeah nah. Use it or lose it. I’ve had enough injuries to understand scar tissue. Sure it hurts to use it but if you don’t it’ll keep hurting anyway. Use it and it rises to the occasion.

Get back on the bike. Or the tools.
When I burnt my hands I was a bit Woe is me. Physio, etc, and at a certain point the therapist just said I don’t want to see you again. I was genuinely surprised but it was in hindsight the perfect response at the perfect time.

Use it or lose it

https://amp.theage.com.au/national/...0181029-p50cpr.html?__twitter_impression=true

I met this arrogant, stupid little peanut about 2008 or 2009. He worked for my dept as a government liaison officer or manager. What a jumped up twerp and ****** he was and still is.

Very mean things to say about my local member and the next leader of the state opposition. I mean, it's not as though he secretly paid out millions of dollars to keep his job. Oh, wait, yes he did.
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...o-keep-his-job-documents-20180903-p501ir.html

I saw his campaign bus today - how exciting!

Check this swampy. Malcolm Elliot's Alan from the Teka days. It's sitting on display in a bike shop in Bairnsdale.

IMAG0368.jpg