The Thread about Nothing....

Lining up in the Warrny in 10 days fellas. Fields ok, though nothing lineup 10 or 15 years ago. Moving it to February meant i've had time to train for it ;)

When I saw her play Mis Havershim in Great Expectations (tv series), I said, "Geez, she does a flawless English accent", at which point My Bride informed me that she was English. Actually, there's a twist. She was born in Chicago, but soon after her birth, her parents moved to Puerto Rico for 15 months, then to London where she grew up.

So, in fact, she does a flawless mid-American accent.

Last edited:
Never invite 20something Californian Seppo chicks over for a joint unless you know they have no control over your access to very expensive alcohol.

That's free advice from an old cnut.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/z7s9A3s8iv8
Wow - grouse voice. Great track. Thanks Beeps.

View: https://youtu.be/obkrMiyDrbs

See I ****ing love Seppos.
Yeah, Seppos can be ace. And can be jerkish, like John Mayer (who might - might - be a reformed jerk)... but whatever, he gives good guitar....

**** it, I'll keep going. I dunno specifically what's changed around me lately but there is an air intolerance I've never felt so strongly before. Maybe becoming a teacher and a part time govt employee, but nah, sure I'm newly exposed to bureauocracy whatever, but that's not it. I'm in the most protected portion of that system ever seen, I mean I've been in the middle of a class when a head teacher wanders in and says 'gday cnuts'. I think I've actually become more of a bogan than ever before, just trying to build my interpersonal skillset with my students.
I much rather think this last year of [HASHTAG]#MeToo[/HASHTAG] has been the tipping point of PC madness. Sure PC was on the rise, but it's gone next level now around here. Sure I'm a dinosaur who loves possibly contentious wordplay, but the PC brigade once kept their intolerance to themselves somewhat. We managed to share the space somehow.
Right now though, they're ****ing giddy with power. They're ****ing judge, jury and executioner for a word out of place. They're ****ing nazis to put a fine word on it.
Intolerance and closeminded groupthink in the name of equality? **** it off.

Actually I have felt that level of closedminded groupthink before. When I was a JoHo. And then I grew up and chose the real world instead. That's why it really scares me. Riles me even. 21st century secular Australia has somehow mistaken a totalitarian judgemental approach to ****ing any and every thing for equality and even freedom. It's ****ing horrifying. Youths with ****ing thigh tattoos calling the shots. On instagram. Or cutting you off for not being such. God save us all.

Last edited:
Beeps, I reckon working with sullen, grunting teenage students - many of whom would rather be playing video games or getting on the **** - would make one somewhat peevish. Probably ranks up there with being in retail and dealing with the public all the time. Stab them... stab them all.

Or maybe you're just entering your curmudgeon years. Either way, you would have to be the most mild-mannered cranky-pants that I've ever met. What do you do when you're really really angry... raise an eyebrow?

Of course Paulie. I may be from the country, but I'm not a member of the National Party
I am so pleased to hear that (not that I ever imagined you would be aligned with the LNP). I'm in Barnaby's seat. What a cockhead. Never see him. Very really see him in the local rags, except when he's doing a ribbon cutting for a new coal mine. I've only written to his office once. Took three months for a reply, only to be told he'd referred the matter to the responsible minister.

But the locals love him. Or did... not sure what will happen next election.

My Bride works locally in Scone, and when we go to get-togethers with the locals she's met through work, I need to be real careful about saying anything related to politics or sustainability. Best to stay mum and just talk about the drought.

Hey Steve, what does your training regime look like for the Warny? Are you doing big kays? Motor-pacing? Practicing wheel-sucking (that'd be the only way I'd ever get to the end)?