The Thread about Nothing....

That first 8k will be a nice pipe cleaner.

To be honest i'm just a little worried about it o_O The day before races like these I usually do a few 5-10 minute efforts to keep things ticking over, plan is to head out there and do a lap or two of the circuit tomorrow and hit it hard once or twice so I know what i'm in for.

Reactions: EoinC2
The steepest bit is Bridle Track Rd - I drive it every day to and from work

I think overall the whole climb isn't too bad, it's just some sections are quite steep.

Edit; unsure why I felt the need to tell someone who drives this road daily about the road, when I haven't event been there.

If you're around at the start i'm number 25, stop by and say hello :)

orc-2019.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, is the course going in the direction shown on Strava? Because it's not really that bad. It's much worse the other way. Not that I've ridden it, but I do know where I need to change down when I'm driving - and that section between 6km and 8km is definitely not one of those places.

Reactions: steve
I'll see how I go - the Selbourne Garlic and Tomato Festival is on this weekend and I'm going with friends

Reactions: steve
Steve, is the course going in the direction shown on Strava? Because it's not really that bad. It's much worse the other way. Not that I've ridden it, but I do know where I need to change down when I'm driving - and that section between 6km and 8km is definitely not one of those places.

It does go the same way as the strava segment shows. You're right tho, the other way would be a **** load harder, to many 13-14% gradients.

I am coming down with a cold, so the garlic will help I think. There will be no pashing coz I don't want to give MrM my cold.

Hey roshea, these guys are threatening to actually finish Project Binky... and then there's more garage goodness in the pipeline.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great little known moments in history part 1.

1975 OPEC attack.

In 1975 a Palestinian terrorist group led by Carlos the jackal rocked up to an OPEC conference in Vienna and took a shitload of oil ministers hostage.

During negotiations with the Austrians, Carlos thought it a good idea to get them to send up a feed. So they did. Ham sandwiches. ****ing ham sangas. For a group consisting mainly of Muslim Arabs.

****ing Austria. This is either the greatest troll in history or Austria is the most retarded country on the planet. Think about what Austria has brought the world. Strudel, wiener schnitzel, then it's swiftly downhill to yodelling, WW1, the sound of music and ******. **** of a place.

Another aside to this incident. Carlos and crew turned up on the tram, looking like rejects from an how to guide on dressing like a mid 70s terrorist. Trench coats, che beards, leather jackets, berets, wrap around sunglasses, duffel bags. There's a cop out front directing traffic away from the entrance. Carlos walks up and says "is the conference in session?" The cop relies "ja". So in they go, shoot a cop, an Iraqi and I think a Libyan, then take everyone hostage. When challenged about it later the cop says "it was my sole responsibility to direct traffic away from the OPEC building. I wasn't directed to perform any other job". Lolz. The old "I vas only following ze orders". Austrians are good at that. You can't make this **** up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilchemy
Where are you over there vette? Poor old Christchurch cops it. That massive earthquake now this.

Mosques around Victoria have a long planned open day tomorrow.

I am in Tauranga, thankfully a long way from Christchurch in this instance.

All schools and a number of government offices went into lockdown immediately afterwards, and my niece in Christchurch had to wait until around 6pm to be able to pick her young lad up from pre-school.

I have to say this is really hard to process.

Reactions: EoinC2 and steve
DNF today fellas, like most victorians i'm too fat to get around the Tassie hills.

It blew a part in the first few laps, I wasn't on a great day bit that wouldn't have helped much. I need to be 5 or 6kg lighter when I come back next year. I can get away with some beer fat in victoria or belgium, but send us on some hilly as **** roads like this and i'm in trouble at this level.

Ben Dyball looked unbeatable today, he'll probably win.

https://timedresult.com/2019-oceaniaroad-em19rr/

That's where we went wrong. Steve needs a TAN racing jersey. Paul can you oblige with a design?

LOL nice part of the world down here, I can see why you live here and obviously remember why we did for a few a decade ago. :cool: