The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. roshea

roshea Well-Known Member

Uhuh :) That MG would only take them a century or so.

paulambry likes this.

2. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Yep, you bet I can oblige. The question is - what size for Steve - pre or post beer ballast?

Good on your for having a crack Steve. Good luck with your next race. Apart from the nasty kick at the end of Stage 2, it looks pretty good. How's your time trialling?

EoinC2 likes this.
  3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

It'll be ok, except for the fact I don't own a TT bike. I'm seeing if I can organise one.

I've never been up that climb :eek: we're thinking the plan is to fight like fuck to get in the break and then just diesel it at 380-400 watts once on the climb. I'll lose 3 or 4 minutes to the really good climbers.

EoinC2 likes this.
  4. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

5. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

6. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Yeah he was real. I'm sure he was an inspiration to many of the musos I've been close to here, even though surf music is not my thing, but him and other local emulators have often been the decent down to earth musos I've felt affinity with.
    Speaking of music, Dirty just crashed for a couple of nights and we had a bit of a Youtube bender last night before he headed north. Fartographer came over too to enjoy reminiscing about old times and new. There was flutes and guitars and tambourines and singing, and much unPC language and laughter, late.
    Yesterday my lovely neighbour had knocked on the door and given me a gift of what turned out to be a misaddressed couple of pairs of mens undies. Allah bless her she'd rung the sender who said that's the address we were given, the package contains mens underwear, just give gift them to a bloke you know. Which was me. I tore the package open, fuck they're a bit gay, thanks. A few hours later she texts it's the neighbour on the other side who clearly doesn't know his street number, he wants his undies back. LOL. So yeah, loud music bender last night, I'm a bit sheepish today, so I'll start with Debra, knock on her door wearing said undies on my head like a multicoloured terrorist, have a laugh and apologise for the loud after midnight music which now that I'm an old cunt is quite rare now, but we've been happy neighbours for 18 years now, many of the earlier of which I was likely uncomfortably loud. She's clearly a bloody legend. I said at least it was good music. And she says hmm. I'm like what? She goes it was bit.... vanilla. Fuck me, she was right though. I blame the fartographer, who was a bottle of Sav Blank in when I got home from teaching at 9pm, and insisted on Everything but the girl. Which I called vanilla straight away, but the tone was set. Even the rock god chose soft stuff. It was a night of jazz, Hollies, Tangerine Dream, Bread, and I was on a redneck bluegrass bender when it was my turn.Sorry Debra.
    So then the other neighbour (they're new), gday I'm Steve. Sorry about the loud music last night, here's your gay undies, you might wanna wash em first. Nice first chat. Seems like a nice fella.
    Life is good. Love you all.
    57465929149__30C362C9-D08E-41E4-A9A9-957942EEF23C.JPG
    Fuck they're horrendous manrags.

#77446 bbp, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    EoinC2 likes this.
  7. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Which reminds me of a joke a plumbing student told me last week.

What's the worst thing about being an electrician?

Having to tell your family you're gay.

I fucking laughed. So did many of the people I repeated it to, I mean it's versatile. I tried telling it to a couple of gay mates. Not so amused. I was like yeah but nah you can change the parameters, it's a good joke.
    What's the worst thing about being gay?

paulambry and EoinC2 like this.
  8. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Having to tell your family that you're a plumber?

paulambry likes this.
  9. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

:)
    Luckily those JoHo cunts won't speak to me.

EoinC2 likes this.
  10. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Are either of those your daughter?

11. paulambry

DPF Edmund Capon. Loved the way he enthused about art without bullshitting.

[​IMG]

EoinC2 likes this.
  12. paulambry

Great pics Eoin. As ever.

Hey - do you pay for your Flickr hosting? (Just wondering cos of this.)

EoinC2 likes this.
  13. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've met him. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

EoinC2 likes this.
  14. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Aye - The one posing in front of Lake Karapiro. She's hopped over the lines in the Western Front.

15. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Yep, now I do, although it was a fiasco getting to be able to pay. I mainly went for paying because I couldn't be bothered culling.

16. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Google plus is disappearing too.
    I started teaching a familiar bunch of students a new round of subjects last night. Business principles.
    Any plumber who has tended to earn less than $30k taxable should probably be excluded from teaching such a class. Luckily that is not the case, but in the more general rather than the usual rules based conversation, a student told me that it costs $700 to be on the front page of Google per weekend if you want to be on the first page of Google results for emergency after hours plumbers in Sydney.
    Imagine that. Staying sober all weekend firstly, and paying $700 each weekend hoping some cnut will call you?

paulambry and EoinC2 like this.
  17. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Cool. I always knew you weren't the typical right wing whitey righty Aussie mining supremacist.

EoinC2 likes this.
  18. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

I'm not either btw, despite what some of the locals would have you believe.
    Sure I've had to learn to get my Alpha on to learn to control muppets, but rully and truly,
    freedom.
    Forever.

Fuck you Gladys.

How good an example is Jacinta btw?

#77458 bbp, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    EoinC2 likes this.
  19. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

She's restored a long-lost childhood belief that being human and being a politician are not mutually exclusive concepts. Impressive.
    It's good to see society recognising hatred for what it is, and the xenophobia that it festers on.
    Power to the Peep's.

20. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

I'm positioned slightly to the left of Karl Marx.