The Thread about Nothing....

Tonight I'm heading over to Angola for a few months, providing some respite for itchy-feet syndrome. I've decided to restrict my camera accompaniment to 1 digital and 1 film Leica M rangefinder, along with a bunch of films. I'll probably have some side trips to some combination of Namibia, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, and Cote d'Ivoire, where we have some biz to sort, but mainly will be in Angola.
I've been office-bound in KL for quite some time now, and am looking forward to a change of scenery.

Good man. Enjoy. Let me know if you need a fixer in Namibia its a cracking destination. Portra will serve you well there as would a hassy but needless to say your M will do just fine :) Safe travels.

Reactions: EoinC2
Reactions: paulambry
Sorry to inundate, but an antidote for the One Nation bile, some of the Peep’s and workplaces of Myanmar...
a004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a016 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a015 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a012 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a023 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a008 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

...and my orphan friend, JuJu...
a002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Good man. Enjoy. Let me know if you need a fixer in Namibia its a cracking destination. Portra will serve you well there as would a hassy but needless to say your M will do just fine :) Safe travels.
Yep, Vadar. I decided to restrict myself to 35mm this time around, as a respite from hauling LF & MF kit, and also to get a bit of Zen-time in.
I’d run out of Portra, so brought Delta 100, Tri-X, Neopan Acros 100, and some Provia 100 that was sitting at the back of the fridge.
It’s all work and no play at the moment, but should get some snappy time this weekend.

I hope the community awakens itself to the abominable reality of parasitic hate-feast that is One Nation. These individuals thrive on feeding on xenophobic scare-mongering, totally ignoring that those they rail against are human beings.
In the 1930’s, they would have been at the head of the queue when the brown shirts were being handed out.

I struggle to understand how some who revels in anti-intellectualism as much as Pauline Hanson keeps getting invited on tv to give her pig-ignorant opinion on everything. She's a ****ing dumbarse. A greedy money grubbing soulless vacant **** of a thing. She didn't even found the One Nation party. John Howard did. Also, I heard her fish and chips were ****.

Reactions: EoinC2 and bbp
I'm just as if not more disturbed by the actions of Al Jazeera who have also exerted foreign interference in Australia’s political process. Time will tell if Al Jazeera have miscalculated the impact of their feature as I fear it may well solidify One Nation's existing support base and attract others Australians fearful of Muslim immigration.

I'm just as if not more disturbed by the actions of Al Jazeera who have also exerted foreign interference in Australia’s political process. Time will tell if Al Jazeera have miscalculated the impact of their feature as I fear it may well solidify One Nation's existing support base and attract others Australians fearful of Muslim immigration.
I'm not, and a lot of media people (Barry Cassidy and Mike Carlton are two) have no problem with it. Good old investigative reporting. Al Jazeera is a state owned public broadcaster. Maybe not the exactly the same as BBC or ABC, but along those lines. The executive producer of the story is an Australian and well respected from what I can ascertain. I found Al Jazeeras English language news service pretty good the few times I've seen it. Neutral, slightly left leaning maybe. Dunno about the Arabic service, don't speaka da lingo. They also have some interviewer whose name escapes me but he is an absolute gun. Madrhi something I think, would have to look it up.

The ones who seem to have the biggest issue with the report are one nation themselves and the dingbats on sky and within news Corp. If it was BBC who'd done the report i doubt there would be the same carry on.

Also, **** One Nation.

Reactions: EoinC2
...The ones who seem to have the biggest issue with the report are one nation themselves and the dingbats on sky and within news Corp. If it was BBC who'd done the report i doubt there would be the same carry on...
Al Jazeera English is often one of the channels available over this side of the World, and is seen along the same lines (and in accompaniment with) BBC, CNN (which many Fox-loving Americans refer to as “Communist News Network”), France 24 etc. AJE has many non-Muslim journalists, such as Peter Griste, and is known for its presence in conflict situations.

Is it Mehdi Hasan you are thinking of, Classic?

I’m not a big fan of sting-type news, but I don’t see this as being invalid, and is a common technique in current affairs programmes. The Numpties who can’t handle the sauce are just trying to divert attention away from their true mindset having been revealed, and hoping that pulling on the xenophobic heartstrings that allow One Nation to fester will save their crawling political skins.

Reactions: classic1
I’m going to try to stop posting tirades of photo’s, but...
This is the view from a mate’s crib on the West Coast of NZ’s South Island. It’s located on the ancient pounami (greenstone) trail, used by the Southern tribes to find and bring back the sacred stone.
It is a magic spot, blessed with a trillion sandflies.
d007 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Must...stop...posting...
One more - If ever you find yourself down in Invercargill (NZ’s Southermost city, and home of the ILT Velodrome and Burt Munro [“World’s Fastest Indian”]), be sure to visit Hayes hardware shop. Hayes family have a long engineering and racing background, and the shop is littered wth motorbikes and paraphernalia, including a wall from Burt’s workshop, with the detritus of his home-made pistons, barrels, and conrods:
d046 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d047 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d044 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d045 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

I’ll back off, now...