The Thread about Nothing....

Grouse pics and grouse old bikes.

Having no artistic ability whatsoever and lacking formal edjoomakashion I appreciate the some of the stuff you guys can do i.e photography, draw, play musical instruments, pull a car apart and put it back together, write a coherent sentence

Reactions: EoinC2
Latest from Pauline discussing Port Arthur.

Apparently she read a book about it. "I can't remember what it was called. It was a blue book. It wasn't real thick".

Unlike Pauline, who is bright red and very thick. That was a real quote btw. What a moron.

That's on top of her somehow managing to say NRMA instead of NRA during a press conference earlier in the day.

Based on current polling 6% of the population vote for her and her party. Incredible.

I have a theory. It's no more whacko, illogical or uninformed than any of the retarded things that one nation spout. Pauline Hanson and Ronald McDonald are the same person. If you disagree then answer this. Have you ever seen Pauline and Ronald in the same room together? The prostitution rests. Or something

Grouse pics and grouse old bikes.

Having no artistic ability whatsoever and lacking formal edjoomakashion I appreciate the some of the stuff you guys can do i.e photography, draw, play musical instruments, pull a car apart and put it back together, write a coherent sentence
You are a mighty Wordsmith, Classic, and we all appreciate your sentences.
My wife left school when she was 8 years old, to start working in a pottery factory. I’ve been to more Countries than she has, but she knows more about the real World than I do.

Reactions: classic1 and steve
A digital-age colleague has a try with my film-age SWC in Kalimantan, Malaysia...
A007 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr
I despise the One Nations of the World for trying to deny that peep’s are peep’s.

Eoin, your photos really are superb. I do have a couple of questions however... as these are pics taken on film, I am guessing you then scan them to store as the digital copies you share with us? Do you find the digital versions to be true to the originals - particularly with the ones taken in colour?

Eoin, your photos really are superb. I do have a couple of questions however... as these are pics taken on film, I am guessing you then scan them to store as the digital copies you share with us? Do you find the digital versions to be true to the originals - particularly with the ones taken in colour?
Good questions, Wilchemy. Most of my photo’s are film, just because I like it, although they technically end up as digital through scanning.
I don’t know whether it is a placebo, but I like the imperfection of film, even when digitised. If you were to take a digital shot, and apply a Tri-X software filter to it, I doubt if I’d be able to tell the difference to a Tri-X film shot.
At the moment, I can develop B&W and Colour (C41) film, but can’t print (which is the part I really enjoy). I’ve bought a 4x5 Enlarger, but it’s in NZ, and I’m not.
Although I mainly use B&W, I also like the different Colour films, and what they bring to the party. They can be replicated in digital, but I’m not any good at that.
Digital, on the other hand, brings a lot of versatility that is difficult or impossible to achieve with film. One is not better than the other - Just different.
Cheers, Eoin

Reactions: Wilchemy and steve
Eoin - your pics are tremendous. I can't get enough of them. I really like the portraits; they're my favourite - the best of an outstanding bunch of pics.

Classic - I'm so glad you brought your A-game to your One Nation rant. I cringe every time I see that woman on the telly. How can someone so willfully ignorant, so unteachable, so bigoted, so narrow-minded, so racist, so idiotically patriotic, so economically illiterate, so scientifically uninformed, and so incapable of leading a unified party actually have a party and be an elected representative of Australia? And what's with the quivering voice like she's just about to burst into tears every time she attempts to utter yet another incoherent sentence? **** me. She's a ****ing national disgrace. Right up there with those dog-whistling ultra-conservative Liberal cowards who sew their subtle poison through fear and loathing of everything that doesn't conform to their wasp ideology.

I don't believe her when she said she's read a book about Port Arthur. She's never read a ****ing book... not even a little blue one. Which is the same number of books Trump has read.

Reactions: EoinC2 and steve
"It always rains at the end of a drought." Well, hopefully, it's the end of a drought.

We had 82mms since 3am this morning. Flooded my garage and my study - soaked lots of my beautiful books, artwork (scores of paper sketches and pastels), my wife's beautiful drawings, heaps of art supplies (water colour paper and sketch pads), guitars, furniture and carpets. Fortunately, my cameras, guitar amps and computers are all safe.

It's 11am and it's finally stopped raining and the sky is blue. Hopefully, I can get everything out into the sun today to dry off.

You are a mighty Wordsmith, Classic, and we all appreciate your sentences.

Amen to that Eoin. All hail the might of Classo's peerless word devilry.

What makes you so effective Classo, is your ability to cut through the ******** and nail the kernel of a matter. When I read your stuff and wonder at your worldly wisdom, I think - if there's a war, I want to be on the same side as you.

Classic - I'm so glad you brought your A-game to your One Nation rant. I cringe every time I see that woman on the telly. How can someone so willfully ignorant, so unteachable, so bigoted, so narrow-minded, so racist, so idiotically patriotic, so economically illiterate, so scientifically uninformed, and so incapable of leading a unified party actually have a party and be an elected representative of Australia? And what's with the quivering voice like she's just about to burst into tears every time she attempts to utter yet another incoherent sentence? **** me. She's a ****ing national disgrace. Right up there with those dog-whistling ultra-conservative Liberal cowards who sew their subtle poison through fear and loathing of everything that doesn't conform to their wasp ideology.

I don't believe her when she said she's read a book about Port Arthur. She's never read a ****ing book... not even a little blue one. Which is the same number of books Trump has read.
You don't need to bring an A game. The space inside her head is such a vacuum you can bring your Z game and still run rings around it.

Don't call the moll patriotic. Even idiotically patriotic. How can someone be patriotic when they hate 90% of the people in this country and most of the best things about it?

There has been a lot of talk about the media. You know what? I agree with much of what the likes of Waleed Ali have been saying. The media (and I don't mean Al Jezeera) have a lot to answer for. Stop giving lunatics a platform. Hanson, that nazi Anning (this isn't Godwin's law, the **** is demonstrably a nazi), ****wit neo-nazis wife bashers like that Blair Cottrell etc should not be given a platform on national TV. Channel 7 is the worst, followed closely by 9. ABC, suffering Stockholm Syndrome, has lost the plot putting IPA dingbats on TV in the name of 'balance'. It's not balance. They are extremists. Don't even start about Sky after dark. I accidentally put it on and lasted literally 30 seconds. It's a lunatic asylum. One of my bosses said much the same thing the other week. And he's a manager/executive in the ****ing oil industry!

"But Hanson represents the views of ordinary Australians" they'll reply. Very ordinary Australians if you ask me.

Further on this point, journalists need to start calling out ****ing Liberal and National pollies when they call the Greens extremists, using false equivalence to compare the Greens to One Nation or some of the more lunar right parties. This has been a theme in the media the last three or four days.

The Greens have two flavours. The watermelons (green outside, red in the middle) and the tree Tories ( social 'left', fiscally very to the right). I'd say the latter hold sway with that mob, and both seem keen to cut migration. But they are far from extreme, centre left at best. The sort of bourgeois ****s who annoy the **** out of me getting all uppity about their socially progressive views when in reality most of them were kissed on the **** at birth.