a005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a007 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a008 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

b009 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d010 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

d004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

a016 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

**** - I just looked back at the flood of posts I've sent. Looks like I got carried away a bit...

****. And that's not even a low point. There's heaps of runoff. I've got to go even harder on my students about the 100 year storm concept and their potential responsibility if they want to be decent tradesmen.
Ah hang on. That came up from the creek didn't it? Not flooding from your rooves and ****? Ah well, now you know. Valuables on higher ground please. You gotta do your BOM research and figure out if that is the 1 in 100 storm or the 1 in 20. Five minute duration is how we teach them to design downpipes and box gutters.
5 minute duration 1 in 100 year storm is ****ing monumental levels of water.
The realities of a creek and all the tributaries are rather different though. Still surprised. But then if you can see the creek?....

Last edited:
I've fooled you, too, Beepers!
I doubt it. Dirty's crashing on his way back south again, fartographer came over too for a barbie, I ranted about about how the TAN is better than therapy, got goosebumps showing them teh splendour, the open heart surgery, and more specifically your photos. They're both right into it, and were even having a discussion about your film choices that was beyond my skillset. The emulsion layers of various amateur or pro level filmstock, RGB and CYAN or whatever the one that starts with a c is called. The more important bit for me is that I've realised a photographer is an artist, and the shots say as much about the artist as the subjects.
Indeed as a previous partner of a photographer I will admit that as an accomplice? I have felt shock, surprise, even admiration of the bravery of the person wielding the tool to..... perhaps invade other peoples privacy. And to in the same moment see the trust that the subject surprisingly often willingly gives. Is that bit egotism? I dunno. It can seem purer than that, if the tool wielder is perceived true too?
But yeah that trust/personality aspect of the process which is particular to your shots is a credit to you. As your words and obvious worldview are too.
Me likey.

Reactions: EoinC2
I had a pretty good Saturday eve too. Went to a gallery opening my favourite bass player played a set at. A very short set. **** I like curmudgeons. Ran into a few old bandmates. Good catchup. They have almost convinced me to join their new band. I think I'm gonna commit. It helps that they've chosen a singer I find attractive, but honestly, it's just as important that I like and trust them more. A band is like a family, it's got to be worth it to bother.
I'd say it will do me a world of good to make the effort. I've been too right brain focussed for too long lately, which might explain why I've been mistaken for the wrong kind of single white male by some of the local judgemental types lately. A bit of left brain activity will likely steady the ship just right.

I can't remember what they wanted to call us.
I was gunning for Clearing Rooms.

Hello. Thanks for coming. We're Clearing Rooms. **** off.

Eh? It's better than coldplay. No really, it will be.

Last edited:
...A bit of left brain activity will likely steady the ship just right.
Do it, Beepers. That’s exactly why I take my holiday snaps - Provides some kind of counterweight to the loud voice of the right side.
Nothin’ to lose. If it doesn’t work out, it’s still got value as another experience, and that’s how we check that we’re still alive.

...Me likey.
Chur, Beepers. Intrusion doesn’t come naturally to me, so I generally try to get some open eye dialogue when snapping peep’s (unless they’re on a track bike, in which case they’re fair game).
My choice of film stocks oscillates over time, a bit like choosing a favourite food. The different stocks are like different flavours. There are few dud films (Darwin’s Law of Emulsion), they each just bring something different to the happy snap table.

A bit of a long one - These are some shots by our daughter, who I’ve been showing how to use large format...
A006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

C001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

E001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

S009 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

S008 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

S003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

S002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

S001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

...and a photo of the Photographer...
C005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Awesome piccies Eoin. Good on your daughter for calling out racism and hate. We all need to work on that. It's not easy to speak up in person, but worth it. Bullies are generally cowards when challenged.

I have for the most part (in person at least) seen the best in people in the aftermath of Christchurch. Online a strong mixture of both. I have told one islamaphobic **** to **** off on twitter, and a strange exchange with an American over his motivation to ensure the video of the murders remained online in the interests of free speech - he finally shut the **** up after I asked him to examine his reasons to want to watch people being murdered.

Friday's national memorial service was a revelation. Sobering and amazing all in one. This man is an inspiration

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, 'Vette. For all the evil of the act, it has done some good in making some people think about their preconceptions, and how harmful those easy snide remarks may be. It has humanised a group of people, previously held as something foreign, and hopefully that thought shift is transferable to cover other groups held off as being different.
I had another session with our Angolan office team today, focusing on the importance of respect. It's amazing how engaged they are when I talk with them about such values.
Cat Stevens looks surprisingly young, given that he seemed pretty old when I was a kid.

Here's my little ketingting (long-tail boat) on the Mahakam River in Kalimantan Timor (Indonesian Borneo). It was a grouse wee boat...
D001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr
I left it (and my Malvern Star MTB) with a family in Tenggarong for a week, while I slipped over the border for a new visa. That was in 1987, and I still haven't made it back to carry on my journey. I wonder if they're waiting for me?