The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

2. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Peep’s of KL...
    [​IMG]C001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B007 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]B002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A006 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A004 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

[​IMG]A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

3. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

4. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Sigh.... your pics make me restless Eoin, as I sit here like an office zombie.

Double sigh....

5. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

6. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

How did the clean-up go, Paul? Are things back to some kind of normal?

7. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

8. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

9. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

Some pics I took last weekend at a cousins get together. Not as good as Eoin's efforts. This piece of coast between Auckland and Whangarei is the highlights of my childhood wrapped in sand and rocks.

The last is my new roadie, the tree showing in the corner of the photo is one I spent many hours climbing as a youngster, the rocks a favourite fishing spot. My Granny lived at this beach. One of my cousins now owns the old property. We cousins spent most school holidays exploring this idyllic spot

20190329_153316.jpg

20190329_153434.jpg

20190330_131431.jpg

20190330_083551.jpg

EoinC2 likes this.
  10. paulambry

Not yet. But that's my fault. A lot of the stuff that got wet included all the books and music gear I hadn't unpacked since MyBride and I moved to Scone. I'm going to use the opportunity to arrange the bookshelves in my studio and get everything organised and properly unpacked.

It's very kind of you to ask. First world problem really... what a whinger I am.

Hey - that pic of the v-twin... that looks a lot like my brother's Norton Commando... do you know/remember what engine that started out as?

11. paulambry

Hey Ma... have you read Unnatural Causes by Dr Richard Shepherd? I've just finished listening to him read the book (it's always a treat to have the author read their own work).

I loved every sentence of it.

EoinC2 likes this.
  12. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Nice spot vette. The bike looks good too. I said the off the rack bikes look better than the team bikes

EoinC2 likes this.
  13. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

No, I haven't read it yet - it's in my pile of "books to read when I have time". Maybe I should get the recorded version and listen to it in the car. After all I spend 2 hours each day Monday to Friday travelling to and from work.

EoinC2 likes this.
  14. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of beaches, I went to woodside on the 90 mile beach about a month ago. Hot night, had the young bloke, so we jumped in the car. ,45 mins from my joint but you have to drive over a mountain to get there.

Nice beach, but FUCK IT IS ROUGH. It was like swimming in a washing machine. It was a still arvo and the ocean is calmest around this time of year too. There was one woman maybe late thirties swimming with her teen son. The other people on the beach were paddling or fishing. Waves were irregular and would smack you in the face. Lots of gutters and rips.

Spoke to a bloke who said it was as calm as woodside gets. Even Venus bay or kilcunda aren't that bad, although kikcundas undertow is incredible. At least the waves come in sets there.

steve, EoinC2 and paulambry like this.
  15. paulambry

Yeah Vette. And Eoin. New Zealand is so beautiful. I did lots of work over there for New Zealand Cement once upon a time. Out of Christchurch and Greymouth... had to drive over Arthur's Pass several times - what a breathtaking work commute. Stunning. And out of New Plymouth for a fertilizer company... can't remember the name. It was right under Mount Egmont (what's its proper native name these days?). Even stayed on the mountain one time above the snow line - another awsome work stay.

Love your new rocket Vette.

EoinC2 likes this.
  16. paulambry

We used to go for holidays at Woodside. My mum's best friend - our 'honorary auntie' - lived at Yarram, so we visited her a lot too.

That was in the days when you spent every minute of daylight in the sun and you'd come home with blisters and your whole back would peal and drive you insane with the itching.

The 90 mile beach is wild and beautiful and still makes you believe there's parts of the world that aren't farked by humankind.

classic1 and EoinC2 like this.
  17. paulambry

That would be the go Ma. He has a nice soothing, mellifluous voice, so he's easy to listen to. Just don't get spellbound and fall asleep at the wheel Ma!

Wow - what a revelation his experiences are. Hearing the inside story of events like London train disasters and bombings, the Lockerby air disaster, Dodi and Diana's crash; even 9/11. Fascinating (though awfully tragic).

EoinC2 likes this.
  18. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Good to see you treating the problem as an opportunity, Paul.
    The V-twin is 2 Weslake 500 Speedway cylinders cobbled together into a 1000cc monster
    https://www.superbikeplanet.com/weslake-v-twin/

19. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

I remember those days well, in particular one Christmas spent getting totally fried at a beach with a friend’s family, and ending with blisters up to tennis ball size. To take the heat out (ie save on a trip to the hospital), my Mum put cabbage leaves on my back, which was not the most joyous of experiences, but obeyed some non-medical theory. I suspect our generation will have consequences for our ignorance further down the track.

20. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

These are grouse, ‘Vette. The rocks are very NZ. Post more!