The Thread about Nothing....

You know how there's venues where women who dine frequent? It's a misnomer really, it's more like where women dress up and compete and drink shitloads of white wine. I'm a voyeur really. But lets call him The Great Waldo Pepper, actually lets not, it's unwieldy and far too many letters to type, but yeah Waldo dragged me into the maw. Wow. It was an almost classy place with far too many chandeliers and women wearing sashes. The best of which said The Future Mrs McMahon.
I made it quite clear that I was trying to use the internets and my iphone and deedpoll to change my surname to McMahon posthaste. It seemed reasonable in the moment, but perhaps I might have been overeager now that I think about it in the cold hard light of... night.

Reactions: EoinC2
I am a very imperfect human being, young man - I can assure you of zat. (Said in a ridiculous Sergeant Shultz accent).
I’m now in my mid-heading-to-late-50’s, and seem unable (or unwilling) to grow up.

Must be time for some snaps. This time, PNG in the 1990’s...
A009 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A008 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A024 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A021 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A023 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

...and Me, back then...
A022 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

You know how there's venues where women who dine frequent? It's a misnomer really, it's more like where women dress up and compete and drink shitloads of white wine. I'm a voyeur really. But lets call him The Great Waldo Pepper, actually lets not, it's unwieldy and far too many letters to type, but yeah Waldo dragged me into the maw. Wow. It was an almost classy place with far too many chandeliers and women wearing sashes. The best of which said The Future Mrs McMahon.
I made it quite clear that I was trying to use the internets and my iphone and deedpoll to change my surname to McMahon posthaste. It seemed reasonable in the moment, but perhaps I might have been overeager now that I think about it in the cold hard light of... night.
Sounds like a good night, Beepers. In for a penny, in for a pound...

Getting nostalgic now (It's ll Beepers' fault)...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeX65b5dOk

Speaking of punk, check out the film Good Vibrations, on SBS on demand - it's about the Belfast scene of the 70s and the soundtrack includes a bit of Saints and other classics as well as lots of NI bands.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1224490051929/good-vibrations

Van aert fall. I reckon those tires were new and the mechanic hadn't cleaned or scrubbed off the talc and residue after they'd stuck them on

Reactions: steve
Van aert fall. I reckon those tires were new and the mechanic hadn't cleaned or scrubbed off the talc and residue after they'd stuck them on
Managed to put his cyclocross skills to good use, though. Good rides by Gilbert and Politt.

Oblivious fun on a piece of plywood in the croccy-sharky waters of the Kimberleys...
C010 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

C009 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

C011 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

D002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

C003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

F002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

F001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

F003 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

F005 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

B002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

A014 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Can’t view it outside of Aus, but anything with The Saints in it has to be good!

You might like this one then, the others in the series I've been able to find are good too (Murder Ballads, Born Sandy Devotional, 16 Lovers Lane).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZ9dQzIkW8

Sounds like a good night, Beepers. In for a penny, in for a pound...
It was. And the future Mrs McMahon deserved the adulation. We did have a nice chat just to make sure the future Mr McMahon deserved such an honour, and I did believe such is true. Even the maid of honour in the black dress stood up for the fellow, at which point I went hmm you're flying under the radar quite spectacularly wingwoman. At which point I remember giving up my flower tiara and sash fetish to appreciate her and even check for fingers and ring placement on such, which all went well too. (I did subsequently run into an ex who is missing a couple of fingers, not that there's anything wrong with that, unless you're trying to win a words per minute typing competition, and on the other hand her other hand was amazing)
Why did I run away without getting her number? I'm a maroon.

Last edited:
Oh and leave Penny out of it. She told me today that another one my exes had died a few months back. That's truly a shame, and my younger stupider behaviour while perhaps still almost her partner many years before was also a shame, and likely why I hadn't found out sooner. Bugger. I'd like to think the last time we spoke was a turning point in my worldview, and that I've become a better man since. Time will tell. RIP Virg. Sorry.
And a funeral for Philthy tomorrow too. Life. It's a bittersweet lottery.

I just called the younger brother of the ex whose passing I hadn't heard about. Urrgggh. He'd previously laboured for me despite being university educated and from a better class of people, but I'd broken up with his sister in not the best of manners. I made a joke about gay babies at 4am sunday, but yeah, ****, her younger gay brother has had a baby and is keeping the surname alive.
Life. It's full of amazing possibilities.

They talked about drum batlles. Once upon a time I was a 19yo virgin and found myself at a Max Roach gig in Amsterdam. I don't remember any competition on the night but yeah it was a competition vibe. It was great but I wouldn't have minded Mr Baker being there.

Last edited: