The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

2. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

What would be the point? He’s not holding back so he keeps his out mark for the next handicap he rides, and I reckon after Suisse his opponents know he has good form.

steve likes this.
  3. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

Longer odds?

4. classic1

He's not Jayden Stephenson either

5. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dunno. Sounds like the words of a child having a bit of a sook. Was just looking for something a bit more grown-up behind it.

6. classic1

7. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Tips for the tour? Who will win? Can Richie make it past stage 9?

8. classic1

Pinot to make the podium. Cavendish, Dumoulin and Froome to have no impact on the race. Cummings to get lots of tv coverage whenever the director cuts to moto 3 at the back of the peloton.

Fuglsang.

No.

steve likes this.
  9. 62vette

62vette Well-Known Member

Look for Deborah Paine in the Giro Rosa. In the Cogeas Mettler Look team. She grew up just across the street from me and is a climbing and attacking machine. She picked up a bunch of strava qoms in the tour downunder this year

10. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

11. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

This morning, I was adjusting my balls after a 400 watt effort up a 20 minute climb;
    upload_2019-7-6_16-2-47.png

upload_2019-7-6_16-3-5.png

Then this happened thanks to an unseen pothole and me having the same amount of hands on my balls as my bars :confused:

upload_2019-7-6_16-3-20.png

12. classic1

My aggots have got me in trouble a few times too.

Did u lose much bark? Where is that?

13. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah not too bad, skin off both legs, arms shoulders and right hip. In the scheme of crashes, it was a good one ;) nothing broken. Was just down near Lorne on the ocean road.

14. classic1

Shit. How quick were u going? I'm of the view all stacks suck. Seen a few where I've nearly spewed from all the road rash. Dad at bendigo. It was before they resurfaced it (was rough as guts) and fixed the bends so you didn't pedal strike. That was the last track race he rode, made the front page of the Addy. Brett Rollinson there as well, hit the fence and lost a heap of skin.

15. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like about 35kph, plus the road is quite smooth so it didn't bite in too much. I descended down the climb then went over a few small bergs and then hit the deck. I'm pretty much as stiff as a priest in a schoolyard right now. Showers will make me spew for a day or two after :mad:

16. classic1

I'm shocked. Shocked. And stunned.

Tour cuts to moto 3. Steve Cummings pops into picture.

steve likes this.
  17. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

You not a fan? his bunch skills seem more suite to triathlon.

18. classic1

I'm a fan when he goes off the front. He's a beast. Not a fan the rest of the time. He trundles along down the back. Doubt he does any work for the team. I can't remember him ever working on the front for his team mates

19. classic1

Stockland Traralgon update.

I often say that midvalley shopping centre is a mad scientist sociological experiment gone majorly wrong. But there is somewhere worse. The bus stop / taxi rank outside of Traralgon Stockland.

Fuck that bus stop is feral. On Friday I had to catch the bus back from the hospital with Ryan. Getting off it was lol at the woman getting off the bus rippin in to the local native community members trying to get on before we'd got off.

After we'd got some food supplies I wander over to check bus times. There are ferals, mostly abos, swearing and carrying on and giving their community a good name up near the time table. Some dickhead has burnt the timetable with a lighter. The exact bit I need to read. Two stupid young cunts are having a durry under the bus shelter, which u aren't allowed to do. The young woman with the baby in the pram asked them to move, which they at least did without carrying on. But oh no. It gets better. Two young girls about 13 or 14 start punching on. Someone goes "get security". Yeah right. So I (heroically, because the public knows I'm a hero) broke that up. I go 'stop that' and the skanky blonde one who I reckon started it goes 'tell her to let go'. Coz the dark haired one had the blonde one by the throat. So I say 'let go'. Then the blonde one gets one last sneaky punch in and fucks off. 45kg wringing wet the pair of them. Then I hear a smash. A long neck some dickhead has left on the kerb fell over and smashed. Some old bird goes to the taxi pulling in 'what do I do?' He goes get security. I go 'like them dickheads ever do anything at this circus'. He laughed. I picked up the big bits, then reminded Ryan that this is why he needs to get off one stop early or at the station when he comes to Traralgon.

By the way, this was all in just a five minute window.

Every fucking time I walk past there something retarded is going on. Anyway, the bus was 30 mins away so we walked. Fuck Stockland, fuck Traralgon, fuck public transport, fuck the state govt for building the hospital 7km out of town, fuck colonoscopies and fucking fucking fuckedy fuck

#77879 classic1, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    steve likes this.
  20. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, good point. A few years ago he had a good ride in Flèche Wallonne, we were watching from the roadside and he was drilling up huy. Aside from one or two good rides every 5 years, his usual position is down the back not doing much for anyone.