The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Ah yes it does have a scoop inside. But if my arsehole was that accurate I wouldn’t need the fucking thing in the first place.
    I’ll use my bbq implements thank you very much.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Barbie at my place on Saturday night for the ashes btw.

3. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Just shit in your hand. Works for chimps .

4. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

How’s that new betting ad with Todd Carney and the statue pisses on its own face? That’s piss funny.
    I of coarse can do better than that.

roshea likes this.
  5. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

6. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

7. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

The important post I lost was that I missed my favourite bass player I’ve ever played withs gig with his old band this week. He forgot to remind me that the Tactics were reforming and properly rehearsed for a special short tour. Goddamnit I missed it.

8. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

hahaha... true that

9. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

DPF - Peter Fonda

10. classic1

DPF. Felice Gimondi.

I have a story. It's probably bullshit, but it's a goodun.

A former six day rider I knew reckons he rode the Milan six as one of his first pro sixes. It was one of Gimondis last. Maybe even his last race. 77 or 78. Gimondi was physically fucked by this stage. This is the story about his 'win'.

It is set up for Gimondi to win but he is going so bad it is embarrassing and obvious it's up for gigs (a potato race as this bloke liked to call it). There is a meeting about it with the promoters and riders. A case of cash is brought out by the organisers, to be divided up among the riders to get the correct 'result' and shut them up. This is feasible. We are talking Italy in the 1970s. A case of lira was probably about $50 Australian ahahaha. Plus there is gambling involved. Mafia have cash on the hometown boy.

Our hero reckons he wouldreckons Gimondi is going so bad he says something like 'this is embarrassing. Gimondi is going terrible and everyone can tell its a fix. What if we don't agree?' A gun is pulled out to settle that question. Funnily enough, they all agreed the old champion should win, and he does.

11. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

DPF Damien Lovelock. Jono's uncle? Great uncle? Dunno. He did own a nice place at Newport with quality harbour views though. If so you missed out in your inheritance laddie. And Dirty was definitely neglecting me to crash at his place with all the bereaved witches. He's back again now to console me in my moment of brown lid sadness.
    At least he's realised Kuringai NP is a bit special.

12. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

13. classic1

classic1 ‘s Review of Once Upon a Time In ...... Hollywood.

Is this a masterpiece by one of the great auteurs or is Quentin Tarantino a pretentious flog? I contemplated this as I walked out of the cinema. Tarantino has expressed the view that he will make 10 movies then retire. This won’t happen. Clearly the silly looking prick will disappear up his own arse in the ultimate act of self indulgence well before he finishes his next movie.

The performances were good (especially Brad Pitt who I’m generally a bit meh about), it has a couple of great scenes (including the ranch scene and the denouement at the end), there are really ace cars in the background shots and it looks amazing. On the downside, fuck all happens, the movie is at least twenty minutes too long, and it needs more tits. There are few scenes that should have been edited to the shithouse or cut completely they drag on so long. Namely Sharon Tait going to the pictures and DiCaprio acting in a film within a film. I was deadset looking at my watch they fucking went so long. As I’ve already said, it was all very self indulgent.

Also, Tarantino’s foot fetish was well on display. I’m not sure if he is doing it as a pisstake these days or he is simply a sick pervert who loves the look, smell and taste of manky toejam. Generally I think the worst about people so I’m leaning toward the latter. Pervert it is.

No doubt boring cunts with too much edjoomakation will intellectualise what it’s all about and have a wank over it and says it’s the best of his movies since Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown and the work of a truly mature artist or some bullshit. It’s not. Maybe it needs a second watch? Even then I’m sure I’d reckon it was far too long. I even liked Hateful 8 on first viewing. I’m not sure what to think about this.

At this point I’ll rate it 2.5 stars out of 5.

14. paulambry

Funny you should post that Classic. I watched The Hateful Eight on the weekend. I thought it was okay. Pretty entertaining. I still find the over-the-top gore rather gratuitous, but I'm told by critics that Tarantino is the "master of weighless violence", so I guess I'm off the mark there. I rate the Coen Brothers ahead of Tarantino. A fair bit ahead.

I'll probably go and see Once Upon A Time. Mainly because I'm a big fan of Brad. Shame about Margo Robbie being in it though... born talentless and unattractive... poor thing.

15. classic1

I heard they were gonna cast her as Brad Pitts dog in the movie but she didn’t have the emotional range and was too ugly

16. paulambry

Hahahaha.

Hey, seriously... what is it with Australians? Aren't we rather over-represented in Hollywood? Marot Robbie. Hugh Jackman. Cate Blanchett. Chris Hemsworth. Guy Pearce. Racheal Griffiths. Mia Wasikowska. Ben Mendelsohn. Rebel Wilson. Naomi Watts. Toni Collete. Nicole Kidman. Hugo Weaving. Joel Edgerton. Sam Worthington. Judy Davis. David Wenham. Eric Bana. Rose Byrne. Jackie Weaver. Simon Baker. (Plus those passed away or who are somewhat dead to us now... Heath Ledger, Mel Gibson, Geoffrey Rush) And a couple of Kiwis we seem to claim as our own... Sam Neill and Russell Crowe.

Must be something in the water.

One bloke I'd like to see in something international is Aaron Pederson (Mystery Road). Coolest dude on the screen at the moment I reckon.

17. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

Aaron Pederson is excellent. Have you watched the Jack Irish series with Guy Pearce & him in it? Definitely worth a look.

18. paulambry

Yep. Seen it. Loved it.

19. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

I can’t describe how much effort I’ve put into my experiment of being almost a full time teacher this year. But I can describe how fucking miserable it’s been. It’s bad enough that I’ve gone from 80% pass rates to 90% fail rates. While being forced to try to teach what was an 8 term course in 5 terms. It’s a massive workload for the muppets but it’s also 5/8 the pay for the same shit. Which wouldn’t be so bad either despite the unpaid marking time halving my pay rate straight away, if only the cunts didn’t get a free second go at every peice of shit they hand in. It’s fucking madness. I’m down to 20 something bucks an hour for what,
    honour?
    And the head teachers keep fucking my shit up behind my back too when I’m trying to keep a proper paper trail of resubmissions as and when, by not even telling me when the muppets occasionally bother to hand such shit in when I’m not there.
    Today was a clusterfuck of such proportions that I’m not sure I can be bothered to even try to continue to cope, nor even try to make a graceful exit.
    FUCK.

20. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

Me too.