The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

Mugabe was rotten from the start. Shortly after he was in power his ZANU party used the North Korean-trained Fifth Brigade to commit genocide of the Ndebele as they were supporters of the rival ZAPU party. It's estimated that 20,000 people were killed.

2. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

I could tell there was a degree of corruption, cruelty and criminality about him from from early on, on account of him being black. How the world missed this important piece of evidence I have no idea. With analysis like that I'll be a columnist in the Herald Sun or Australian in no time.

3. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

Don't sell yourself short Classo, with analysis like that, you're guaranteed a spot on SKYnews.

4. classic1

My audience of a thousand people will love me.

5. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno. I'm just so cranky about how self-indulgent it was, that I can't be reasonable about it. Maybe if I was a 60s film fanatic, I might enjoy it.

One benefit though... I've almost finished reading Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (the prosecutor in the Mason trial) after seeing the movie. It's the best true crime book I've ever read, mainly because of how interesting I find the investigation and the court proceedings.

And after reading about how unspeakable the violence was, and how vile and pathetic Manson is, I find Once Upon A Time rather disrespectful to the memory of those who were murdered. I might be a bit priggishly righteous here though... Sharon's sister didn't have an issue with it... https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/07/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-margot-robbie-sharon-tate

6. paulambry

hahahahaha you two. top postages.

7. paulambry

"I said that out loud, didn't I.....?"

8. classic1

I read helter skelter a couple of months ago. Agreed. Great book. How useless were the investigators?

9. paulambry

Hey - anyone been watching the Vuelta?

10. paulambry

What a bunch of fucksticks. Dumb. Blinkered. And above all, totally lazy. The prosecutor ran investigative rings around the cops.

11. paulambry

This is an excellent explain like I'm five video about 5G. And it demonstrates, to me at least, why 5G isn't going to replace a glass internet; at least, not outside the major cities in Australia. And maybe not even in our cities.

Malcolm Turnbull fucked us over in a major way with his political solution to an engineering problem. When I look across the Tasman to see New Zealand rolling out their gigabit fibre-to-the-home network, I shake my head in dismay at our exorbitantly expensive fibre-to-the-node setup that will be redundant by the time it's finished. If it's ever finished, that is.

I still don't have the NBN at my address here in the bush. The rollout stopped 4 doors up the road two years ago... on the same street. And I bet we won't ever get an FTTN connection - the NBN will push us onto the 4G network. Which is what I'm on now - ahead of time. I have a direct line of sight across paddocks to a tower less than a kilometre away. It's fine now... on Sunday mornings I can get 80megabits download. Which is nice. In the evenings I get anywhere between 10 and 50 megabits. Once more people get shoved off their old Telstra ADSL2+ onto 4G, that figure will plummet... speed is bandwidth divided by the number of users.

Fuck you Malcolm.

steve likes this.
  12. paulambry

13. classic1

Not great. A lot of foreign trainee drs. You hear a few stories, and if you have to go to casualty it fucking sucks. I think part of the problem is they have real difficulty getting drs to relocate to the valley.

I had no complaints when I was in there for a week back in May though. The nurses on my ward were excellent. I didn't die. I still have all my thumbs. My Surgeon and his posse were good.

14. paulambry

Our little hospital here in Scone is brilliant. I've been to casualty twice and both times I was seen in a matter of minutes after triage. They were only minor issues. The first time I got a piece of hot metal in one eye (I was wearing safety specs but the metal still found a way to ricochet into my eye). The doctor did her best to remove what she could but referred me to someone to finish the job. She even rang me the next day to see how I got on. Wait.. what?

We also have a large GP practice here, but the usual lead time for an appointment is six weeks. I see a GP in Sydney.

15. cheetahmk7

Do you know Jason Brooks?

16. paulambry

Hey Cheetah, I know of him. Can't recall ever having met him in person though. A friend of yours?

17. cheetahmk7

He's my wife's cousin.

18. paulambry

19. paulambry

20. cheetahmk7