The Thread about Nothing....

Hey Classo, hopefully these kids are just stuck somewhere. They should be okay if they stay with their car.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09...ch-for-missing-campers-near-walhalla/11497186

It is steep rugged country up there. You could run off the road and it would take weeks to find the vehicle. Not sure I'd camp up there. Wild dogs. **** that.

A couple of my old security staff used to guard a quarry about 6km north of tyers. They were told never to leave the guardhouse of a night because of the dogs

Reactions: steve
Interesting point about the wild dogs, classic. That’s something I would never have considered

Matt Keenan talking about chinks in the armour. I was dozing and thought he was reporting on Gladys Liu.

Complete radio silence about the search today. Which is a bit unusual.

It's bloody rugged country up there.

The deer are feral up here as well. As well as pigs and lots of wild dogs - those bastards kill the wombats on the in-law's farm then disappear into the national park a few kilometres away.

Probably a dog.

I looked up where that couple died. The road has a section of multiple nasty switchbacks. I'm guessing they went off the edge there.

It is steep rugged country up there. You could run off the road and it would take weeks to find the vehicle. Not sure I'd camp up there. Wild dogs. **** that.

A couple of my old security staff used to guard a quarry about 6km north of tyers. They were told never to leave the guardhouse of a night because of the dogs

Nostrodamus Classicus.

Doesn't look like those tyres were providing much grip. The only merciful consolation would be that it was all over quickly.

11512254-3x2-700x467.jpg

Faaaaaaark. That’s horrific. Poor kids and poor family.

I saw that on the map too cheetah. Knarly looking on the map

The Thompson dam wall looks impressive on google earth. That’s the hairpins circled. Rough terrain.

A152F1E3-F35E-4250-9238-B73235E60017.jpeg

One driver, who asked not to be named, told The Age that building the zig-zag section was a good decision because it kept the road open for firefighters while forcing other vehicles to slow down.

But it meant the extremely tight turns could only be negotiated using multiple-point turns or reversing.

Sounds like it should never be driven except in an emergency.

Total Recall is great. I like the bit where the mutant midget hooker stabs the bloke in the guts then climbs on the bar and shoots and shoots another heap of blokes with an uzi.