The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

What is she doing in bacchus marsh? It’s not a bad or ugly joint, but not the place I’d immediately think of for a piccy job

it’s on the way to Ballarat btw.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Photo shoot for a furniture company. They generally choose amazing houses to do such in. So it can't all be as bogan as google maps suggests.

3. classic1

IIRC the first road open I ever raced was at Bacchus Marsh. I think it was a state u14 or u16 title, can’t remember. All I remember is getting dropped a couple of kms to go. Must have been u14.

I can remember bacchus marsh has a spectacular avenue of honour and had a few old buildings. Can’t remember much else. It’s bypassed and I reckon I’ve maybe been through it once in 30 years. I’ve managed not to crash there, so it’s got that going for it.

EoinC2 likes this.
  4. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

I've been following Lydon since I binged on his Dakar Races To Places. He comes across as a fine fellow. And his dad is one of the heroes of their endeavours.

I reckon it would be ace to do a race like that. But then reality hits when you figure what it must cost... shipping, bike, gear, spares, support &c &c. Even the cheapest privateer's effort must cost a bomb.

By the way Ma... I'm listening to In Love With Betty The Crow on audible.com.au. It's like a book-length podcast about Robyn Williams' The Science Show through the years. I recommend.

#78404 paulambry, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    EoinC2 likes this.
  5. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

paulambry likes this.
  6. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

We've had the Chaser, Crikey, the Betoota Advocate, hell even I've had a go at virulent obnoxiousisityity, but one does struggle to keep it up in the face rising success, alcoholism, and just plain getting getting sick of being a cnut all the time.
    And that previously referenced 'one' wasn't me. I mean I've been hard for decades. And I've convinced a lot of people that is actually 6 inches.
    Well I hope I have. I haven't had a complaint for ages, but just between you and me I haven't had a root for a while either to be honest. It's just too big I reckon.

But I do like the new player's form.
    https://www.theshovel.com.au/2017/05/16/migrants-failing-to-assimilate-200-year-study-finds/

7. classic1

DPF. Brian Cohen’s mum.

“Fuck off, I’m full”

406554A3-A6C5-4665-90E4-B631191C3248.jpeg

8. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Missed today's stage. What happened? Did Cadel Ewen win and got enough bonus seconds to win overall like I'd stupidly predicted even though he pussied out yesterday?

Also, bbp's 2020 pop quiz question #1.
    Would you be comfortable in 2020 whilst listening to awful hold music on speakerphone from I dunno, maybe your bank, or even worse, the ATO
    going
    No1s
    or even No2's?

9. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Ok he did win again. Good. Dunno how many seconds he lost yesterday though either. It's rather early days for cnuts to actually pay attention in a season. Also why hasn't Cam Meyer raised his head above the parapet?
    UniSA jerseys do devalue the Green and Gold stripes I'll have you know Mr Turter.

10. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Also I can confirm that both Jono and Lama are well. For different reasons.

EoinC2 likes this.
  11. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys

We've got the Melb - Warrnambool in 3 weeks, hoping to be in the mix at the finish so if any of you are around say g'day. The form is basically the best it's ever been. I had a solid week over Christmas in the Grampians training with guys like Mark O'Brien and Lucas Hamilton and basically cooked myself. Reality check? probably! Even though I skipped the nationals that week has def brought me up.

The missus health is under control now, we're heading to Europe for part of June + July and August. Last year was a write-off.

cheers guys
    steve

cheetahmk7, bbp, paulambry and 3 others like this.
  12. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep I agree with that

13. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

Good to hear you are feeling the form for the Warny, Steve. My brother & I handled feed stations for a mate years ago & it was top day out. Much harder for him than us tho haha He made the whole bunch laugh as they hammered past Werribee Macca's when he screamed "You fat cnuts!" after seeing us scoffing down hash browns & Mcmuffins while we watched them go :D

And I agree with beeps about the UniSA kit too. Mrs Wilchemy asked me today if that was the Aussie Champ when a UniSA rider was on TV.

EoinC2 and steve like this.
  14. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Hope it goes well, Steve. Good to see you getting in another hit at Europe.

15. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Stay upright and go fast Steve.

steve and EoinC2 like this.
  16. classic1

Dennis Walter made the Aussie coldest 100. https://mobile.twitter.com/OzKitsch/status/1220848963680473088
    T
    his is a chance to repost my awesum Dennis Walter story

EoinC2 and steve like this.
  17. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers guys, looking forward to it and the form is where it needs to be :cool:

paulambry and EoinC2 like this.
  18. classic1

I don’t get all the concern about this coronavirus. We should be drinking Aussie beer, not stuff from Mexico

paulambry likes this.
  19. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

Your STRAVA efforts have made it pretty obvious that you are coming into some form. Good luck with the Melbourne to Warnambool and your trip to Flanders.

Do you see Greg Stewart out on the bike much these days?

steve likes this.
  20. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Nope, but I do hear stories about him a fair bit. Sometimes I train with a guy named George Valines who works for him.