The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Oh fuck yeah. Despite Tooth's having been bought by CUB, which is now owned by Asahi last time I checked, Resch's is still the oldschool Sydney cellarman's affordable choice. And of course a few knowledgable hipsters' these days too. A nutty tasting pilsener, seductively easily sessionable, delivers a hangover to be sure, but less than most CUB beers. Not a patch on a decent Pale Ale, especially one without preservatives like a Coopers.

EoinC2 likes this.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

So back in the day when I was a teenaged Joho, maybe 18, a rural Joho, but they held conventions once a year where every Joho in the state would come together for a 4 day festival of Jesus. I remember them shutting the doors at the Royal Adelaide Showgrounds and physically feeling the oxygen levels in the hall drop, 5000 asphyxiated people, and the fervour such simple things created.
    I remember being smart enough to leave the hall when my ears were burning and I got a feeling of discomfort I knew to act upon, and get outside, despite my father's opprobrium.
    And somehow I met other youths outside, smart young Godbotherers, wow, and even more strangely managed a hall pass to go out for dinner in the city with the cool city Johos. It was my hopped up Cooper S versus the fancy blokes 328I. And after an Italian dinner on Hindley st I chose this song on the jukebox and suddenly I was cool.

View: https://youtu.be/7v2GDbEmjGE

#78482 bbp, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    EoinC2 likes this.
  3. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect outcome Beepers.

EoinC2 likes this.
  4. paulambry

Happy Valentine's all you sexy gorgeous Tanners... yeah, that's all of you.

EoinC2 likes this.
  5. paulambry

Speaking of Valentines, this year my Bride and I decided to buy each other a work of art each wedding anniversary. Hopefully, we'll live long and have a house plastered with beautiful things. This year we bought Lyla by Megan Payne...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EoinC2 likes this.
  6. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Nice piece of art.
    Although nothing is ever perfect.
    At about the same time I was talking about I started my first business, even made some money. Sadly I had more money in the bank then than I've ever had since. That became a dilemma. Buy a house with a mortgage, young, good choice, but there's no sex outside of marriage, do that and you'll even choose to be locked in, married and shit before you even know anything. OR you could use your savings to travel the world and even go to the Tour de France. And maybe accidentally lose your virginity along the way, and stay away for much longer than you intended, so you could figure out what you wanted to do with your life? And surprisingly, or not so, choose to come home and rejoin the religion and take the pain of the discipline for sinning, and try to rebuild your reputation. Until you realise there's more to life than appeasing wowsers.
    Yes, Mr Ambry, it could be construed as a perfect outcome. Even if such things don't exist.
    It was a good moment .
    With my new 2020 perspective I'm gonna focus on the positives.
    Cheers cnut.

#78486 bbp, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    EoinC2 likes this.
  7. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect voyage -It made you the Great Beepers that we know and love. For that, I’m sure we’re all grateful.

8. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

I have 70+ 1:50,000 Topo maps of Otago / Southland sitting in a junk room, wistfully waiting for me to go and physically lose myself in the back-back-Country. One day...
    2909D8BB-490E-4606-AC1E-1AEB8E31CC04.jpeg

9. paulambry

Not sure what connection your story has to Lyla, but I love your story anyhows. And as Eoin says, all those parts of you add up to more than the sum of things. And the result is the "Beepers we know and love". Cunt.

For several months the Wollombi Valley road was closed because of the fires. Then last Sunday it was flooded. A few of us heading to Sydney from the Hunter Valley stopped at the edge of a small lake across the road and contemplated turning around. Then one of the yocals thought he'd give it a go, so onward we went....

steve and EoinC2 like this.
  10. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Well-Known Member

How did it go?

11. EoinC2

EoinC2 Well-Known Member

Good job!

steve likes this.
  12. paulambry

I'm a farking mad Tuber now.... one vid and it's all down hill from here. Hey Llama... remember this - when we was young and I could actually ride up a hill without shuffling off my mortal coil.

Not even sure who took the video. Who were we with?

EoinC2 likes this.
  13. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Paul u mad cnut

paulambry and steve like this.
  14. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Mate, I had a bit of a disaster happen on Friday night. The short story is I used some Veet hair removal cream on my legs Friday night and ended up with a fucking allergic reaction. Basically, slight burning sensations, felt like I was 100 degrees and sweating like a pig all night in a cold bedroom. I had maybe 90 minutes sleep before the alarm went off to get up at 5am and I wasn't in any kind of shape to line up at the start line.

Perfect prep and perfect conditions, i'm still devo'd to not even make it to the start line. I'm sticking to Gillette's from now on.

I'd be surprised if that's not the most fucked up thing you heard all year so far :eek:

Anyway the plan is to keep building on it and do Fred Icke, then tour of Mansfield (maybe masters A since I struggled in the climbs last year in elite A), then Baw Baw and head overseas late June for awhile.

15. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

We were watching those nuts last weekend. Must be pretty nice cruising around up there, once you've got that jump out of the way :D

16. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

Waxing is probably the better option for hair removal.

Allergic reaction to hair removal cream is not that rare.

steve likes this.
  17. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

U don’t shave the legs the night before a race anyway. It takes all you strength away according to old wives tales. No shaving the face before a tt either

EoinC2 likes this.
  18. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

I know this now mate. Such a farking beginner haha :oops:

EoinC2 likes this.
  19. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

That sux for you Steve. Just be glad you were using it on your legs and not your junk tho :eek: Reckon that might have been even worse for you.
    Hopefully you can carry the form and now extra motivation forward to the rest of your season.

20. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

You know what, I reckon I might have been keen to try that before 24hrs ago :D Right now, my advice is DONT.

paulambry, EoinC2 and Wilchemy like this.